DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still"

Go down 
+2
raptorsaurus
jeffrey2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jeffrey2
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
jeffrey2

Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still" Empty
PostSubject: Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still"   Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:14 pm

Just discovered this band past couple months. These guys are great and very passionate. I was looking for pre-order of there new album coming out "The Dangers of Standing Still" couldn't find anything. Anybody know? These guys should break it big at some point kinda like the gaslight. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://jcool_se7en@hotmail.com
raptorsaurus
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
raptorsaurus

PostSubject: Re: Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still"   Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 3:26 am

These guys are amazing, everyone should check them out!
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

PostSubject: Re: Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still"   Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:44 pm

Anyone else pick this up? I downloaded it on Amazon after liking their EP. I like their sound but my biggest complaint is that most of their songs sound so much alike I can't tell them apart. After a couple of listens through I can still hardly tell what song is what. Seems like a good album to have in a punk mix, and like their enthusiasm and effort, but the lack of variety has really made me go "meh" about them. For now, at least.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still"   Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:47 am

You can pre-order it on the Paper and Plastick webstore. 4 Different colours limited to 200 / 300 depending on the colour. Ordering it grants you an immediate mp3 download of the album which, may i add, is fucking brilliant.
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

PostSubject: Re: Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still"   Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:07 am

You know what? I'd like to retract some of my previous statement. I gave this another spin while at the gym today and while a lot of the songs still sound alike I think it's due to the entire album just being uptempo blue collar punk with catchy melodies. I like it, I think I'd just like to hear more variety of what they can do. if their goal is to have an uptempo record that never stops until it's over, then I'd say mission accomplished. It's a good one to work out to since it never lets up. All in all - if you like the EP then you will like this. If you don't, then you won't. Just don't go expecting anything different from the EP.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still"   Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:26 pm

Seeing as it's there first full length album I'm not giving up on them yet. I'm hoping that they'll take a bit of time before writing the next album and mixing things up a bit. Totally agree with you on the upbeat aspect, awesome music to snowboard to (:
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still"   Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:48 pm

I loved it at first. I've soured on it a bit, but there are still songs on there that I keep going back to.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still"   Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:37 pm

For me that song would probably be This day Has Seen Better Bars.
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still"   Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 2:02 pm

Got this off ITunes, and gotta admit it, I REALLY like it. Good solid anthemic blue collar punk. Anyone else think they belong in the genre with Riot Before, Menzingers, Smoke or Fire??

Can anyone post a link to their lyrics? I could only find the first 2 songs off the new one. THank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still"   Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red City Radio "The Dangers of Standing Still"
Page 1 of 1