DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heya

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cyrusbond
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
cyrusbond

Heya Empty
PostSubject: Heya   Heya Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:26 am

Hey all. My name's Cyrus Bond, I'm 22, currently living in Arkansas, a paramedic and currently in school to be a doctor.

I got into Gaslight in '07 when a good friend of mine shared Sink or Swim with me. I'm a long time punk fan, so that's what grabbed me to start off with. After my friend and I listened to the album several times in a row, I really started loving the everything about it. Lyrics, instrumentation, emotion, everything. Been listening to TGA ever since. I don't really think there's been a day that's gone by without listening to at least one of their songs.

For me, I feel like I really grew up with TGA. I mean, not in the literal sense, but in terms of reaching maturity and my feelings about life and situations and the amount of nostalgia I have towards my youth. Their music has always been there for me in good and bad times.

Even though my roots lie in punk rock, I've always been a fan of good music. Eclectic is a good way to describe my musical tastes. TGA's honesty and humbleness and emotion in their music really do mean a lot to me. The way that they reference movies and other musicians is incredible- By tying in a movie to their song titles or direct references to songs via lyrics (Bruce Springsteen, Counting Crows, Townes van Zandt). I've never seen TGA live, but that's on my to do list as soon as I can.

Anyway, to put it simply- I'm a huge fan. I'm not really that social of a guy, for example I don't have a facebook, nor do I usually register on forums. But being a part of a community of people who support and want to increase TGA's coverage and who share a love for their music is something that I'm definitely into.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Heya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heya   Heya Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:58 pm

Hi Cyrus. Thanks for that introduction. I hope you get to see them live soon. Go and chat to them afterwards. What you see is what you get.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

Heya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heya   Heya Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 3:09 pm

Welcome! I absolutely know what you mean about feeling like you grew up with them. They just fit so logically and perfectly into my life after all the things I've done/seen/heard/been through/etc, and they truly do speak for me. Sometimes I feel a bit obsessed but even if that's true, I can always find someone on here who makes me realize I'm definitely not alone.

Like Alexander said, definitely talk to the guys! They are incredible people and they will hold the most normal (and crazy, hilarious, fun) conversations with you! I think Brian is still in that place where he doesn't really get how much his art means to people, and the fact that he's extremely humble really shows that. He tends to have that awkward "I have no idea why you want to talk to me, but you do, so here I am!" aura about him... he's an impressive guy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heya   Heya Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heya
Page 1 of 1