DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home?

Go down 
+3
fullcollapse
colmillionaire
Vibes
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home? Empty
PostSubject: Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home?   Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Hey guys,

It's been forever! Sorry I've been so MIA. I've missed you guys.

What's the status with the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home? I think I remember Virgil emailing me that he got those lost tracks but has no names for em.

Anyone know anything?

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home?   Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:52 pm

I don't think anyone knows what is going on over at the Suburban Home camp. I have my fingers crossed that it surfaces, but I sincerely doubt it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home?   Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:04 pm

Virgil left Vinyl Collective after a bunch of drama. I think SH is having financial problems and people were complaining a lot, but personally, my husband only has good things to say about dealings with Virgil. My husband is big over on VC and used to have updates for me about this, but when this falling out with Virgil/VC happened, we assumed there'd be no TCM pressing. But thats just us expecting the worse.

We can try to touch base with the guy and see if he has any plans for it. I really, really want this thing in my hands.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home?   Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:20 am

Didn't they say they were looking for the lossless recordings or something?
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home?   Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 10:56 pm

Sorry it's taken me so long. Just got an update today! Here are the relevant parts, from Virgil:

Quote :
... While it wasn't my intention, the coop has not gone very smoothly. It is with great regret that I inform you that after the release of This Charming Man "Every Little Secret" and Bigwig "Stay Asleep", I do not plan to move forward with the Vinyl Cooperative label. ...

As far as when these records will be out, barring any further hiccups with this charming man, I will have vinyl in hand in March. ...
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home?   Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:10 pm

[quote="fullcollapse"]

Quote :
... While it wasn't my intention, the coop has not gone very smoothly. It is with great regret that I inform you that after the release of This Charming Man "Every Little Secret" and Bigwig "Stay Asleep", I do not plan to move forward with the Vinyl Cooperative label. ...

As far as when these records will be out, barring any further hiccups with this charming man, I will have vinyl in hand in March. ...

Not holding my breath for a March release. Glad to see its coming though.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home?   Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:14 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure about that either. Regardless I will wait quite a while without (too much) whining as long as it means we'll have it eventually.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home?   Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:27 am

bigwig! i miss those guys (read: tom and 3 dudes haha).
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home?   Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 12:33 pm

Yeah, it is still coming out, just taking forever.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home?   Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 5:09 pm

thanks for following this up and keeping us informed Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home?   Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 5:11 pm

PFREEZY are/were you in the co-op on VC? Just seemed like it was the most unorganized situation from reading some of the posts on VC.
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home?   Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 12:45 am

Yes, it taught me a lot about patience.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home?   Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 5:42 pm

I had my husband contact Virgil for an update. Here we go:

"it is in the works, but the master has been problematic. once we iron out the problems with the master, it will go to press."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home?   Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to the This Charming Man release from Suburban Home?
Page 1 of 1