DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

59' Sound Vinyl

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

59' Sound Vinyl Empty
PostSubject: 59' Sound Vinyl   59' Sound Vinyl Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:38 pm

I was just wondering how i can tell the difference between the 59's sound on 12" black vinyl, if it is the european variant which is limited to 1000 or just the unlimited version?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

59' Sound Vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Re: 59' Sound Vinyl   59' Sound Vinyl Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:51 pm

Gaslight23 wrote:
I was just wondering how i can tell the difference between the 59's sound on 12" black vinyl, if it is the european variant which is limited to 1000 or just the unlimited version?

Answer and pics from

http://18milesaminute.wordpress.com/2008/09/19/the-59-sounds-euro-press/

The ’59 Sound Euro Press

I was going to post about this when I first hear about it, but wanted to make sure it was a real “variant” and not just a rumor. So anyways, instead of SideOne shipping over a million copies of The ’59 Sound overseas, why not just ship the jackets over and have the vinyl pressed over there? So yes, supposedly there were 1,000 copies presses and the only way to tell the difference is by the matrix etched into the vinyl. I have pics that frank took for the VC board and my crappy one trying to show the entire line of etchings. Anyways, the top one is euro, bottom one is US.

59' Sound Vinyl Dsc01298

59' Sound Vinyl 59soundetch

(larger pics available via above link)
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

59' Sound Vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Re: 59' Sound Vinyl   59' Sound Vinyl Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 2:19 pm

Thanks for the help, i'll go have a look at mine to se what it is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

59' Sound Vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Re: 59' Sound Vinyl   59' Sound Vinyl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

59' Sound Vinyl
Page 1 of 1