DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RVIVR, ex-Latterman

Go down 
+8
Stalls_Standing
JoshRaymond
AngryJohnnyN1930
rivercities
simo
colmillionaire
Jukebox Romeo
ShieldYourEyes
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

RVIVR, ex-Latterman Empty
PostSubject: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 6:35 pm

Just started listening to these guys yesterday and holy hell what an amazing band. Features the former vocalist/bassist from Latterman who are one of my all time favorite pop-punk bands. I remember hearing Latterman's album "...No Matter Where We Go" for the first time and feeling like an entirely new human being. Well, I can safely say that after hearing RVIVR (pronounced Re-Vive-Er) self titled album from last year, this band makes me feel the same way. This is one of those albums that, to me, makes life worth living. Matt's voice is incredible it's pissed off, sad, and prophetic all at the same time.

Check out the blog floridaisthereason.blogspot.com for all their releases. One EP, 2 7 inches and a full length. This music is going to carry me into Spring and Summer with a smile on my face.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 6:51 pm

Ha, I did essentially the same thing about 4 days ago. I'm so into that kind of pop-punk right now, more than I ever was before. These guys killed it in 2010. Can't wait to see what they do in the future
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Thank you for making RVIVR its own thread. I've been just using the Latterman one. Band made the best tunes in 2010, can't wait to see what they are gonna do this year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:57 pm

Still been meaning to check these guys out. I've got a song by a band called Reviver on a Topshelf sampler CD. Is it the same guys?
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:02 am

nah, thats the hardcore band from SLC. They are ok, nowhere near as awesome as RVIVR though.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:03 am

Oh okay, didn't know if it was a name change thing a la CSTVT.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:08 am

Completely understandable. Apparently that metal band was going to sue them or something so they had to change it. Still not used to that change yet.

On another note, RVIVR is playing a show in Olympia this weekend with Wolves in the Throne Room. Thats gonna be an awesome show....
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:48 pm

simo wrote:
Still been meaning to check these guys out. I've got a song by a band called Reviver on a Topshelf sampler CD. Is it the same guys?

You're welcome! I've listened to Latterman for ages and had heard of RVIVR for a while now but wrote them off because I think the way they spell their name is cheesy (until I found out why it is that way) and looks like a hardcore/punk a la polar bear club type rip off band (I love polar bear club, don't get me wrong).

This band hasn't left my ears in the past 4 days. I'll say it again, they make life worth living.
Back to top Go down
rivercities
A Contender
A Contender
rivercities

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 11:55 pm

Them and bridge and tunnel are playin a basement show at the end of may in my hometown. Super pumped.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:51 am

the gig at "the secret art space"? if so, see ya there.
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 1:50 am

Whoa whoa whoa. I'm interested. Can someone fill me on on this band(s)? Latterman is the old band?
Back to top Go down
rivercities
A Contender
A Contender
rivercities

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:32 am

colmillionaire wrote:
the gig at "the secret art space"? if so, see ya there.

Hell yeah dude. Can't believe their playin a show there, only a couple minutes from my house
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 9:21 pm

could you message me the address? can't find it anywhere, due to it being secret and all/me not knowing cause I'm from Doylestown and not Bethlehem.
Back to top Go down
rivercities
A Contender
A Contender
rivercities

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:19 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
could you message me the address? can't find it anywhere, due to it being secret and all/me not knowing cause I'm from Doylestown and not Bethlehem.

PMed you
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 8:36 pm

thanks dude! appreciate it
Back to top Go down
rivercities
A Contender
A Contender
rivercities

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:47 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
thanks dude! appreciate it

Your welcome man. See you there.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 6:08 pm

Seeing these guys tonight for the first time
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 7:22 am

Don't have too much fun, they'll call you out on it.
Back to top Go down
MxBx!
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MxBx!

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 1:18 pm

Stalls_Standing wrote:
Don't have too much fun, they'll call you out on it.

Haha, I have heard about problems with these dudes. I know some guy who was outed at one of their UK shows for playing a 'sexist' song or something like that.

Still it's great to see a band that isn't all male fronted. There needs to be more girls in Punk Rock.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harker/120725651345443?sk=app_1780
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:29 pm

Honestly, it really isn't that great. I saw them on the West Coast as well as the East coast and I can say they are way more in their element on the West side. They made fun of some kid in Philly cry for stagediving. I believe he called him a "fucking douchebag". Also, only girls are allowed to crowdsurf. Only girls are allowed to take their shirts off if they are sweating (the lead singer of The Wild). Guys who took their shirts off were scolded by Matt and Erica, about not creating a "safe place". There are so many double standards its ridiculous. We got called out by Matt for dancing "too hard" at the Bethlehem show. Danced the same way in PDX and it was not even given a second thought. Band used to mean so much to me, music is still great, but Matt Canino has lost his mind. He better not screw up the Latterman reunion....

Anybody who has seen them recently feel the same way?
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 2:46 pm

Saw them twice in the last week, played brilliantly , no dramas or calling people out. I have to admit, I was worried about the reported tantrums about stagediving etc would marr my future enjoyment of the band but there was nothing of the sort. Got to chat a bit with erica who was lovely and friendly. Great band amazing songs , can't wait till they tour the UK again.

Deffo my favourite band at the moment.
Back to top Go down
mike
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mike

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:04 pm

I was at their concert about 3 weeks ago. During the concert smile didn't left my face even for a minute Smile

Last edited by mike on Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:49 pm

czesc mika,tak, rvivr jest bardzo dobrze.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 6:45 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FFp29FGn0o
THIS ALBUM IS REALLY GOOD
never listened to latterman before, but i'm really impressed by this
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 11:06 pm

people need to listen to the beauty between ^^^
politics aside, this is one of the best punk records i've heard in a while
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RVIVR, ex-Latterman   RVIVR, ex-Latterman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RVIVR, ex-Latterman
Page 1 of 1