DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

first tattoo? help needed

Go down 
+6
Ens
GraveRobbers
Jay
Simon
Johnny99
Noogie
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Noogie
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Noogie

first tattoo? help needed Empty
PostSubject: first tattoo? help needed   first tattoo? help needed Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:28 pm

My first tattoo ive been putting it off for a while now. What i want is something to do with my family but I have no creative passion so I am leaving it up to you guys to help me with some idea's. Anything to do with family. Help Please Smile
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: first tattoo? help needed   first tattoo? help needed Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:14 pm

Wait until you have something that you really want.
If i had gotten all of the tattoos i said i wanted when i was 18 i would look like a real asshole.
Hah, though i do still have some pretty dumb ones..
Dont be in any hurry to get tattooed, you got your entire life.
Back to top Go down
Noogie
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Noogie

PostSubject: Re: first tattoo? help needed   first tattoo? help needed Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:20 pm

Thanks for that. At least you waited. It feels like I need to get tattoo's done. Ii have no idea why. But I will wait.
Back to top Go down
Simon
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: first tattoo? help needed   first tattoo? help needed Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 12:35 pm

same as johnny99, I have a rule where I get a tattoo for each major event in my life, but only a year after any such 'event' - to avoid getting one for an ex or something and wanting to cut my arm off 6 months later Razz don't be put off though - once you know what you want it's a great experience, and, hopefully, a great addition to yourself Wink
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: first tattoo? help needed   first tattoo? help needed Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:07 pm

I'm thinking of getting my first as well fairly soon.

How do you actually go about it though? If it's just text(which is what I'm planning at the moment) and I want it in a particular font can I just print it off and just show up or are they still going to want to practice it? And do they charge by letter? Sorry for the newbie questions lol.
Back to top Go down
GraveRobbers
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: first tattoo? help needed   first tattoo? help needed Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:24 pm

I'd say definitely wait. I'm thinking about getting my first tattoo and I haven't been able to decide yet. If I would have went with my first impulse it would have been a major regret. I'm pretty confident on a symbol I've got for my band, just gotta actually see it in black and white first.
Back to top Go down
Ens
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: first tattoo? help needed   first tattoo? help needed Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 9:38 am

Same as above, I've been wanting my first tattoo for ages, but my ideas keep changing, the first idea I had seems really lame now. I know where I want it, just not what...

And they tend to want you to book them in, and I think it depends on the design and how complex it is for whether they want to draw it out first - although I don't actually have a tattoo, this is all hearsay from my housemate lol so probably best not to trust me
Back to top Go down
GraveRobbers
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: first tattoo? help needed   first tattoo? help needed Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 10:02 pm

I've got one line stuck in my head for a tattoo, I don't want it to be just this, but I want this on it. "Non Omnis Moriar" it means not all of me shall die. I want it under some kind of picture on the back of my right hand. Just got to settle on a picture.
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: first tattoo? help needed   first tattoo? help needed Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 10:24 pm

I think tattoo ideas and such should just naturally come. If you suffer through the pain of scrutinizing over what you would want, then I think that gives it much more worth. Ideas from other people don't help as much as some think they probably would.

This is just food for thought, really. Tattoos are just a really big deal.
Back to top Go down
Simon
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: first tattoo? help needed   first tattoo? help needed Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 6:25 am

Jay wrote:
I'm thinking of getting my first as well fairly soon.

How do you actually go about it though? If it's just text(which is what I'm planning at the moment) and I want it in a particular font can I just print it off and just show up or are they still going to want to practice it? And do they charge by letter? Sorry for the newbie questions lol.

If it's text you really should wait longer to think about it, it can be bad enough with a fairly nondescript image if you regret it but words are kinda... always there. Oh, and my 2c: never get a name. No ifs no buts, just never.

Generally speaking for words you can just go in (possibly with a booking), most (good) places will draw it out and ink on the outline as a guide for the artist so you'll get a chance to see what you're getting before anything goes on. If it's an obscure font it would be best to print a copy out and they might be able to scan it in or otherwise copy it. Everywhere I've ever been has a flat fee depending on how difficult they consider the work... how big/colours etc. One word would probably be at the bottom end, ~£30-50. possibly less.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: first tattoo? help needed   first tattoo? help needed Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 1:56 pm

Simon wrote:
If it's text you really should wait longer to think about it, it can be bad enough with a fairly nondescript image if you regret it but words are kinda... always there. Oh, and my 2c: never get a name. No ifs no buts, just never.

yeah names are risky!
the best thing to do is come up with some images of people/things that mean something special to you, find a good tattoo parlour & discuss it with them. they'll come up with something fantastic & so personal to you it'll be so much better than you imagined. you just need to give them as much to work from as possible & take your time to plan it, there's no point in rushing tattoos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
stuy101
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
stuy101

PostSubject: Re: first tattoo? help needed   first tattoo? help needed Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:02 pm

yea you should defiantly wait until you know what you want. I was thinking about my first one for about 8 months before i got it and even now i would of rather different placement but i dont regret at all, and my second iwas planing for over a year just got it yesterday!!

and for Jay, yea if you bring in the font you want they should just have to make a stecil and enlarge it or make it smaller depending on what you want and what they think will look good.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: first tattoo? help needed   first tattoo? help needed Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:47 pm

i was thinking about getting "Lawrence" tattooed on one forearm and "Arms" on the other. but then i realized that people would ask me why i had a dude's name for a tattoo and why i was labeling my limbs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: first tattoo? help needed   first tattoo? help needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

first tattoo? help needed
Page 1 of 1