DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brandon Flowers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Brandon Flowers Empty
PostSubject: Brandon Flowers   Brandon Flowers Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:35 pm

I have been meaning to start a Brandon Flowers thread for some time (there is a Killers one already).

Reason: TGA's outstanding 2010 offering aside, Flower's 'Magdalena', from his solo album Flamingo, is my song of 2010. Great lyrics, great tune, great performance.

The other stand out track on the album is 'Hard Enough'. I'm not usually one for male/female duets (apart from Petty's/Nicks' 'Insider'), but this one is superb.

You can listen to 'Magdalena' and 'Hard Enough' here:

http://soundcloud.com/diogob/07-brandon-flowers-magdalena-caheso

http://soundcloud.com/diogob/03-brandon-flowers-hard-enough-caheso
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Brandon Flowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandon Flowers   Brandon Flowers Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:34 pm

I thought it was a decent record -- certainly some good tracks. My favorites were "Only the Young" and "On the Floor."
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

Brandon Flowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandon Flowers   Brandon Flowers Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:47 pm

Very good album i thought , if not a little long , it could have easily been another Killers album really.
Back to top Go down

Brandon Flowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandon Flowers   Brandon Flowers Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 7:24 pm

Still haven't heard Flamingo. I never really heard much buzz about it or anything, though. I saw a few articles about it, like, the first week it was released, but that's it. Do you think it's even worth picking up a copy? If it's anything like the newest Killers album I probably won't like it.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

Brandon Flowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandon Flowers   Brandon Flowers Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 7:53 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
The other stand out track on the album is 'Hard Enough'. I'm not usually one for male/female duets (apart from Petty's/Nicks' 'Insider'), but this one is superb.
this version of the song is amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33THwr2RdUA

i personally thought that it was an ok album, although nothing different from his previous work. it could have been a Killers album without any doubt, and in my opinion if a member of a band releases a solo project, it should be something different from what he/she usually does (eg. Brian's more acoustic or melow stuff (as well as Chuck Ragan), Greg Graffin's solo album, or even Robert Plant's latest project).
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Brandon Flowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandon Flowers   Brandon Flowers Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:01 pm

I love The Killers and Brandon's voice but I really need to be in some sort of... glittery, purple sky mood to put on their last album (Day & Age) and Brandon's solo work.

He's brilliant though =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brandon Flowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandon Flowers   Brandon Flowers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brandon Flowers
Page 1 of 1