DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings from Philadelphia!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Optic Nerve
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Greetings from Philadelphia! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Philadelphia!   Greetings from Philadelphia! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:56 pm

Hi, I'm John and I'm terrified of sharks.

and I collect records, that's why I'm here.

I also like the Gaslight Anthem a whole bunch.

I got to see them at this place called Siberia (I think) in NYC with AM! and they were awesome. That was the first time I ever heard of 'em... My friend Dan's band Dear Tonight played too. They were awesome as well.

Hmmm... Anyway that's about it.
Did I mention I collect records and I read somewhere that I could win one by posting here?
I'm gonna head over to the trade board and see what you all have to trade.

Cheers.

j.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Philadelphia!   Greetings from Philadelphia! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:01 pm

TGA said in a an interview that the siberia was one of there best shows, anyways welcome man this is a kick ass place.
Back to top Go down
Optic Nerve
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Philadelphia!   Greetings from Philadelphia! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:09 pm

JoshRaymond wrote:
TGA said in a an interview that the siberia was one of there best shows, anyways welcome man this is a kick ass place.

Yeah? I believe it. It was quite amazing. It was this really tiny dump of a place and (apparently) the only way you could get in was by invite...

So my buddy's band was playing and I love Against Me!, so I took the trek to NYC on a Sunday night and was absolutely blown away by TGA.

I looked them up the next day and some website was streaming Sink or Swim for free a few weeks before it was released. I listened to it non-stop for 8 hours that day at work...

Anyhow, I was also fortunate enough to get in on the Black vinyl SOS through that same site... (wish I could remember what it was... I think the word 'punk' was in there somewhere)... Oh well.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Philadelphia!   Greetings from Philadelphia! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:11 pm

man thats awesome, you dont happen to have any film of that show do you?
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Philadelphia!   Greetings from Philadelphia! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:23 am

John, I am also afraid of sharks... but only in the water, when they get onto land, they are in my world!

How long have you been collecting vinyl? What do you have from TGA?
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Philadelphia!   Greetings from Philadelphia! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:46 am

K, seriously? They need to stop being wusses and play in real life Siberia.

I am with you on the fear of sharks though, dude. I do not care for them one bit. Unless they're the subject of a Mythbusters episode. Then they're okay.
Back to top Go down
Optic Nerve
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Philadelphia!   Greetings from Philadelphia! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:16 pm

JoshRaymond wrote:
man thats awesome, you dont happen to have any film of that show do you?

Unfortunately no... But there is footage of AM! playing that show here:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid452319916/bctid494918804

it's only one song, but these guys filmed the whole thing. I'm sure there's footage floating around somewheres...
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Philadelphia!   Greetings from Philadelphia! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:22 pm

cool thanks man
Back to top Go down
Optic Nerve
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Philadelphia!   Greetings from Philadelphia! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:23 pm

e6c wrote:
John, I am also afraid of sharks... but only in the water, when they get onto land, they are in my world!

How long have you been collecting vinyl? What do you have from TGA?

For real. on land sharks are pussies.

Damn I've been collecting for years now... Maybe 15 or so? I have hundreds of records and hundreds more 7 inches.

As for TGA, I have SOS on all the domestic colors and all the current overseas ones except for blue.
SATQ on all the domestic colors except for white... (I ordered the 10" version from VC but it's still in limbo)
59' sound on all current colors.
and that's it. I missed out on the demos colors and the Side One Dummy 7"

I'll get them sometime I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Philadelphia!   Greetings from Philadelphia! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:25 pm

dude that vid is really fucking awesome
Back to top Go down
Optic Nerve
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Philadelphia!   Greetings from Philadelphia! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:31 pm

JoshRaymond wrote:
dude that vid is really fucking awesome

Yeah now imagine a whole set like that... Plus TGA's set was very similar.. a ton of folks singing along and stuff. It's part of what blew me away. I should email the people at that site to get the rest of the footage. They filmed the whole thing.... I wonder if they ever did anything with it
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Philadelphia!   Greetings from Philadelphia! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:48 pm

damn, i wish i could have been there
Back to top Go down
Optic Nerve
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Philadelphia!   Greetings from Philadelphia! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:34 am

JoshRaymond wrote:
damn, i wish i could have been there

http://www.flickr.com/photos/violentgrind/sets/72157594534660819/

This guy took some amazing shots from their set. I forgot all about it until just recently. Check em out.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Philadelphia!   Greetings from Philadelphia! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 12:51 pm

I've got a spare Blue Sink or Swim. Do you have a tradelist?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Philadelphia!   Greetings from Philadelphia! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Philadelphia!
Page 1 of 1