DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland

Go down 
+23
bt211
B701
jesterdude
LuceroDiehard
swampdevil
redinthemorning
Clementine
azlisa
Bea
steady now steady now
wonderson189
rxpr0x
Johnny99
xorcist
J.B.R.
amberfoyd
rem999
colmillionaire
loazis
Shrewsbury_Stars
Daire
NeverTrustAJunkie
IKeeptheDiner
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:44 am

thanks for the update! can't wait to see your pics! also strange that MCR played Desolation Row. and i'd be STOKED if TGA played BB&D at my show!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 8:19 am

courtesy of Andy Diamond

Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Roseland2010
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:35 am

Orphans, Miles, Elvis and Wooderson on the same night =))
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:32 am

loazis wrote:

Elvis and Wooderson were most definitely NOT played. Would have been awesome though. The setlist from my earlier post is accurate.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:42 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
loazis wrote:

Elvis and Wooderson were most definitely NOT played. Would have been awesome though. The setlist from my earlier post is accurate.

Yeah they definitely didn't do those.

One more thing- and I hope this isn't misconstrued as being 'hater' or anything, but I was talking to a fellow photographer whose first time seeing them was the September Radio City show. He said he wasn't impressed but that some diehards around him were saying "No no- you gotta see them in a smaller venue. Don't judge them by this show." After GA were done last night he said he liked it much better. Just interesting to me for whatever reason to know that feeling extended beyond this board. Unless those kids were from this board? Shocked

Yet another thing- which song did they do part of "Still Haven't Found..." (U2) during?
Back to top Go down
B701
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:34 pm

Quote :
Yet another thing- which song did they do part of "Still Haven't Found..." (U2) during?

It was during at the end of Backseat. I just found this video on youtube of 59 Sound and Backseat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSYIuWiKxIE
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:31 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I did hear something about him asking the crowd where they're from (?) and then something about how there were a lot of people in their 30's? What was that about?

Haha. He was saying "Jersey people." They do sound similar though.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:06 pm

lots of photos at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenami/sets/72157625527428686/
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:40 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I did hear something about him asking the crowd where they're from (?) and then something about how there were a lot of people in their 30's? What was that about?

Haha. He was saying "Jersey people." They do sound similar though.

Ohhh I thought he was like "How many people are in their 30's? That's ok cus we are too." And then I was like- there's no way there are a lot of people in their 30s at this show. Unless they were parents. Or me Sad Another thing watching from behind- Queen... sounded like a disco song. Gosh it's like I was watching a different show than everyone facing them Embarassed

Ah yes ok - about 6:45 is where he goes into it. I thought that was so rad.

Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 10:24 pm

I had a great time last night. Doors was at 7. I got in line around 6.20 when the line already wrapped around three corners. Started out at the UPS store on 8th/53rd Laughing Apparently the first MCR fans had started to line up on Wednesday! It was cold but I was waiting with a fun group of people. What really amazed me was that the fans formed this neat sidewalk line (even past a Broadway Theater that showed Promises Promises the same night) without any barricades or security people from the venue. At one point I started to get a little worried that I wouldn't be able to make it in before TGA but we got in around 7.30pm and there was actually still a good amount of space.
The show started around 8pm with the RXP 101.9 radio host introducing a number of people they had pulled randomly out of the line to show the "face of the listeners". Each of them said were they came from and then they did a Vitamin Water toast. Vitamin Water was one of the supporters of the event.
Fifteen Fleeting played a 20-minute set. They were introduced as the RXP house band from Hoboken. Didn't do much for me but they were ok. The band members took pictures of the crowd after the set. The crowd did not react much to them and towards the end when all three bands were mentioned again they were actually booed. A little harsh but from overhearing conversations behind me people felt the band were fairly full of themselves. I have no idea, had never heard of them before and don't know what the story is.
I was happy TGA got to play close to an hour. I was on Alex R's side and I literally felt the crowd was moving a lot during their set. There was a lot of waving back and forth and I was just on the edge of an intense mosh pit that was definitely there for TGA. It was obviously an MCR show and their fans were superexcited but I had the impression TGA got a great response. I wouldn't be able to say what percentage but I was definitely not the only one who went to the show for TGA. Their set sounded excellent (both sound and performance) and I wouldn't be surprised if they found a new group of fans after last night.
MCR played from 10 to 11.30pm. I had never seen them before (but didn't take of my shirt - apparently that's the first show ritual), listened to My Black Parade and Danger Days a couple of times before I went. They definitely played I'm not OK. I'd say I liked about half their songs and they seem a good group of people. One of the band members is getting married today. I loved the energy and the crowd singing along to so many songs. I tried to move a little more to the side/back after the TGA set because I was a little worried about the pushing but I think by the time MCR came on it was so packed people mostly moved vertically rather than horizontally.
And finally, it was called Yule Rock but there was nothing specifically about the holidays.
Great night, and I am glad I made the trip from Boston.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:30 am

That take your shirt off thing- wtf? Jim Breuer (comedian) says that when it's time to get crazy. Maybe it's a NJ/Long Island thing.

The holiday thing- there were some tinsel-y snowflakes on the railings and in the lobby there was a Christmas tree. But that was about it.

I forgot about 15F's boos. I felt bad. Oh well. Sucks to be the opener sometimes.
Back to top Go down
redinthemorning
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 1:08 am

This was my first Gaslight show and I loved it. The selections off AS were damn near perfect. I was also surprised at just how intense "Cowgirls" was live; I mean, it's one of my favorite songs, but that kind of sealed the night for me. I wish they'd at least played something from Señor and the Queen, but there will be other shows.

On the other end, I have now seen MCR six times. The t-shirt thing before "Prison" is meant to play off the gender stereotyping at concerts; instead of girls ripping their bras off and throwing them on stage, the boys go shirtless.
I was really disappointed with their song selection; the fact that MCR no longer plays anything of substance from 'Bullets' is really getting tiresome. Still, they look like they're having a great time out there (I have never seen Ray Toro smile on stage the way he did the other night).

Last edited by redinthemorning on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:23 am

OK put my official review up on my site:
http://exm.nr/gKiukJ

More photos (a lot more photos Embarassed ) found here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/sets/72157625409413335/

Crowd during Gaslight:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/5235209986/in/set-72157625409413335/

This was the excited '59 Sound guy:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/5234617509/in/set-72157625409413335/

My view after the three songs were over:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/5234617695/in/set-72157625409413335/
So frustrating! Shocked

Last edited by NeverTrustAJunkie on Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:53 am

New York Times review of the show:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/06/arts/music/06chemical.html?_r=1&src=twrhp&scp=1&sq=gaslight&st=cse
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 1:29 pm

And another...
Cool photos. Wish I knew this photographer was there cus I see his name all over the place.
http://newyork.metromix.com/music/essay_photo_gallery/my-chemical-romance-roseland/2342054/content

I didn't think they spent a lot of time on Jersey!?

Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:06 pm

Haha i liked the new york times Gaslight is to Springsteen as MCR is to Bon Jovi.
Pretty funny. Insulting on some level, but funny.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 4:09 pm

I was going to say in my article that it was like Springsteen headlining with Motley Crue. But changed it because I felt as a Gaslight fan that reading yet another Springsteen comparison would make me mental.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:31 pm

a couple more pictures here:

http://www.examiner.com/concert-in-new-york/the-gaslight-anthem-my-chemical-romance-play-yule-rock-picture
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:44 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/06/arts/music/06chemical.html?_r=1&src=twrhp&scp=1&sq=gaslight&st=cse

"determined songs that don’t quite fill a room this size" scratch que?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:27 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

I think this reporter was ignorant of the fact that TGA recently headlined Radio City. They certaintly had no problem filling that room, which was just a wee bit larger than Roseland.
Back to top Go down
Henriflame
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:24 pm

Ah i dunno it must be ignorance because they didn't seem to be implying anything bad about the guys.

I'm not sure how to take "determined songs that don’t quite fill a room this size" because it could be a round about way of saying that they weren't reaching the entire crowd in the room if you know what i'm sayin? (as in not the majority of the crowds cup of tea).

I think it should be taken as harmful ignorance to the scale of the fanbase of TGA and nothing more :/
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:53 pm

azlisa wrote:
a couple more pictures here:

http://www.examiner.com/concert-in-new-york/the-gaslight-anthem-my-chemical-romance-play-yule-rock-picture

Heh. Those are mine Embarassed they go with my article here: http://www.examiner.com/concert-in-new-york/concert-review-my-chemical-romance-and-the-gaslight-anthem-at-yule-rock Cool
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 4:38 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

I think this reporter was ignorant of the fact that TGA recently headlined Radio City. They certaintly had no problem filling that room, which was just a wee bit larger than Roseland.

Not neccessarily. When Gaslight headlined Radio City I assume the place was more or less packed with Gaslight fans. At Roseland it was quite a diffrent story, and you'd have to assume that most of the crowd was there to see the headlinging act, which wasn't Gaslight Anthem. Surely the audience participation at a rock show makes alot of diffrence to how well an artist are capable of 'filling the room', IMO.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 11:55 am

chickenman wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

Not neccessarily. When Gaslight headlined Radio City I assume the place was more or less packed with Gaslight fans. At Roseland it was quite a diffrent story, and you'd have to assume that most of the crowd was there to see the headlinging act, which wasn't Gaslight Anthem. Surely the audience participation at a rock show makes alot of diffrence to how well an artist are capable of 'filling the room', IMO.

Sorry, but a band's ability to "fill a room" sonically is not derived from audience participation.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:30 pm

How the hell The Backseat is a 'regression to smallness' is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next