DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in

 

 blink-182

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Turn the Casanova On
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Turn the Casanova On

Posts : 57
Join date : 2010-01-09
Age : 26

blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:15 am

I recently have been a huge blink-182 binge. I forgot how fun this band was/is.

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
massie1903
A Contender
A Contender
massie1903

Posts : 106
Join date : 2009-07-04
Age : 29
Location : Aberdeen, Scotland

blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 9:01 am

Meh. Seen them live and they were just annoying, really. Although, I don't actually mind them on records. No doubt Travis is a mean drummer, like.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Posts : 1230
Join date : 2010-01-24
Age : 30
Location : On the flipside, Netherlands

blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 2:10 pm

They started out music for me. My first own music was blink-182. I got Take Off Your Pants And Jacket from my sister's boyfriend when I was a sad and lonely teenager and it changed everything.

I am now a sad and lonely adolescent.

Anyway, awesome band. Musically I outgrew them some time ago but they're really the main artist on the soundtrack of my teenage life, good memories : - )
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:28 pm

I saw them live last year on their first comeback tour...musically I have outgrown them also but i have plenty of good memories with this band and its always fun to play their records loud and sing along to em
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson


Posts : 412
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 33
Location : Palatine, IL

blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:56 pm

Fuck yeah! First concert w/ Blink 182, Green Day, Saves The Day, and Simple Plan. Mad props because without them I would never have gotten into punk. I'm super excited to hear the new album.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

Posts : 1578
Join date : 2010-05-26
Age : 28
Location : Luxembourg / Spain

blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 5:00 pm

PFREEZY wrote:
Mad props because without them I would never have gotten into punk. I'm super excited to hear the new album.
amen
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

Posts : 677
Join date : 2010-09-26
Location : Pittsburgh/State College

blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:13 pm

first album
first favorite band
the band I always said changed my life
the band I always said would be my favorite, regardless of everything else because of what they've done for me and the music



until I started listening to TGA Smile
Back to top Go down
Ste
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-10-03

blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:52 pm

One of my favorite bands. Cant wait to hear the new stuff
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:42 pm

Tom is better Mark
Back to top Go down
Turn the Casanova On
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Turn the Casanova On

Posts : 57
Join date : 2010-01-09
Age : 26

blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 9:20 pm

Pssh, Mark > Tom. Tom just seems like a dick sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 9:53 pm

yeah but everyone knows Tom is more musically talented.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Posts : 1230
Join date : 2010-01-24
Age : 30
Location : On the flipside, Netherlands

blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 4:56 am

Funny how we all started out with blink-182 as our heroes and somehow shifted to Gaslight, I feel connected guys ^^

And just for the record, although they were both not really that good, I preferred +44 over Angels & Airwaves most of the time regardless of awesome a band name that was.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 5:00 am

I prefer Angels and Airwaves over +44 simply cause it sounds nothing like Blink.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Posts : 1230
Join date : 2010-01-24
Age : 30
Location : On the flipside, Netherlands

blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 5:05 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
I prefer Angels and Airwaves over +44 simply cause it sounds nothing like Blink.
Angels & Airwaves sounded like they were trying really hard to 'change the musical landscape' as if they were some sort of new Pink Floyd with strings in every song, reverb on every single guitar note, lyrics about total emoness and Tom putting on the most annoying voice possible, especially live.

But that's just what I thought. The Adventure was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 5:27 am

loazis wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
I prefer Angels and Airwaves over +44 simply cause it sounds nothing like Blink.
Angels & Airwaves sounded like they were trying really hard to 'change the musical landscape' as if they were some sort of new Pink Floyd with strings in every song, reverb on every single guitar note, lyrics about total emoness and Tom putting on the most annoying voice possible, especially live.

But that's just what I thought. The Adventure was pretty cool.

I get what your saying but when I first started listening to AVA, I was more blown away by how different it was from Blink.
To me it showed how talented Tom really is compared to Mark who just kept on doing to the same kinda thing.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Posts : 1230
Join date : 2010-01-24
Age : 30
Location : On the flipside, Netherlands

blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 5:29 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
loazis wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
I prefer Angels and Airwaves over +44 simply cause it sounds nothing like Blink.
Angels & Airwaves sounded like they were trying really hard to 'change the musical landscape' as if they were some sort of new Pink Floyd with strings in every song, reverb on every single guitar note, lyrics about total emoness and Tom putting on the most annoying voice possible, especially live.

But that's just what I thought. The Adventure was pretty cool.

I get what your saying but when I first started listening to AVA, I was more blown away by how different it was from Blink.
To me it showed how talented Tom really is compared to Mark who just kept on doing to the same kinda thing.
That's true, got to give him respect for going out there doing something really different =)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 5:37 am

I think the Whisper record is by far the best AVA record and i am very much looking forward to seeing Love:The Movie when it's released.

Anyone listen to Box Car Racer?
Back to top Go down
Turn the Casanova On
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Turn the Casanova On

Posts : 57
Join date : 2010-01-09
Age : 26

blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 10:48 am

^Yeah, Box Car Racer is pretty sweet. I really dig Letters to God and There Is, but the whole album's pretty solid.
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

Posts : 785
Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 30
Location : Stockholm, Sweden

blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:21 pm

loazis wrote:
They started out music for me. My first own music was blink-182. I got Take Off Your Pants And Jacket from my sister's boyfriend when I was a sad and lonely teenager and it changed everything.

I am now a sad and lonely adolescent.

Anyway, awesome band. Musically I outgrew them some time ago but they're really the main artist on the soundtrack of my teenage life, good memories : - )

Same here. I think "Dammit" was the first song I learned when I bought my first guitar at age 12 or so. Not that excited for the new stuff though.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

Posts : 677
Join date : 2010-09-26
Location : Pittsburgh/State College

blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:50 pm

Turn the Casanova On wrote:
^Yeah, Box Car Racer is pretty sweet. I really dig Letters to God and There Is, but the whole album's pretty solid.
AVA even has a new song on LOVE called "Letters to God Part II"
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Posts : 1961
Join date : 2008-07-04
Age : 31
Location : Dallas , Tx

blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:11 am

Didnt Tim Armstrong play in a song with Boxcar Racer?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:23 am

JoshRaymond wrote:
Didnt Tim Armstrong play in a song with Boxcar Racer?

yeah he was featured on one song
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

Posts : 198
Join date : 2010-02-15
Age : 32
Location : Vancouver, Canada

blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 5:34 pm

New single 'Up All Night' drops this Friday morning (10:30 EST)!
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Posts : 1230
Join date : 2010-01-24
Age : 30
Location : On the flipside, Netherlands

blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 5:44 pm

Every time I read 'Up All Night' I have to think about that Banquets song which in turn gives me hope for a nice happy new blinky punk rock song.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

Posts : 331
Join date : 2010-06-03
Location : NJ in my veins, DC under my feet

blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:10 pm

we had the city and rain
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




blink-182 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blink-182   blink-182 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
blink-182
Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: