DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)

Go down 
+74
bringiton_ty
sinkorswimmydear
rgillies
njguy99
33RPMHero
matkins
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Hanswurst
Emusic
StitchesOnTheRadio
DiamondSinatra
The Angry Johnny Revue
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
Jack
_rebekka_
Camus
moosicmaniac
HorribleCrowe
TGA30
nebraska
Klown
eagles1139
NeverTrustAJunkie
Phil Rockabill
joe
Jerseyrain
Harbortown
Labhras
MxBx!
plugga
mjb
riversedge
loazis
LuceroDiehard
carryon820
Gaslight23
Tiffany
ThisMachineKillsFascists
jeffrey2
Grant Michael
fullcollapse
thecosmickid
40 Miler
steady now steady now
JJW319
gp
Jaywalk
ral
Bea
colmillionaire
Prisoner
CluckyB
simo
Vibes
Asleepontheforestfloor
WWD4D?
Shipyards
nuwbuddy
steph
lynchyeatspizza
Better Sense
Tiffiny
TonyRockyHorror
Refused
ShieldYourEyes
faster_than_the_world@hot
Forum Owner
isthisreal
Henrique
laurendelore
PatientFabiWheel
JoshRaymond
kieran
Jukebox Romeo
78 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:52 pm

certainly not in here. google?
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 8:46 pm

I think this album is great....not good. It may not be as good of a record overall as Elsie, but what I will say is that no part of Elsie gave me chills like "You get what you give", "Lost and Found", and "Meet you in the middle". In my opinion, no one brings out emotion in their music like Chuck Ragan! I've only listened to it once yet, but from that one listen I would say that it is better than Feast and Famine and I'm not quite sure if it's as good as Gold Country yet......it will take a few more listens to compare it to Cold Country, which I think is an amazing album (9/10). Tommorrow I'm going to listen to both Elsie and Covering Ground real closely with the headphones on under the best conditions/environment. So I'll have more to offer then.
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 9:48 pm

If interested, here's a few short reviews that I found on Chuck Ragan's new album "Covering Ground". These are the only three that I could find.

http://www.roomthirteen.com/cd_reviews/12187/Chuck_Ragan__Covering_Ground.html

http://ourzonemag.com/oz/chuck-ragan-covering-ground-album-review

http://www.nodepression.com/profiles/blogs/review-covering-ground-by-chuck-ragan
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Chuck just tweeted that the whole album is streamed at http://www.rocksound.tv/features/article/exclusive-album-stream-chuck-ragan-covering-ground

I can't get the site to load though.

EDIT: He just tweeted that he was too soon with the announcement and that it isn't online yet.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 4:33 pm

Chuck Ragan - Covering Ground STREAM

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/av/2011/09/album-stream-chuck-ragan---covering-ground.html
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:42 pm

It's a pretty good album. Don't think it's as good as the last two but Nomad by Fate and Meet You in the Middle are incredible songs. The others might grow on me. They're still good, just not on the same level.
Back to top Go down
40 Miler
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:38 am

Outstanding album. The last song and the secret track are so good. Just as good as the first two albums.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:28 pm

greeeat album, I don't think I can be any more excited for the revival tour!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 7:19 am

love this album! i have to say i wasn't sure about it on the first couple of listens, but now i can't stop listening to it!

oh and there's another new song with Audra Mae. just search "Open the Roads" or simply "Chuck Ragan" on itunes
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:34 pm

Bea wrote:
love this album! i have to say i wasn't sure about it on the first couple of listens, but now i can't stop listening to it!

oh and there's another new song with Audra Mae. just search "Open the Roads" or simply "Chuck Ragan" on itunes
Awesome. I was wondering if that was ever going to be released.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:58 pm

I for one think the album is miles better than his previous! I mean the boat was brilliant, and the other two are meh ish but this is brilliant!
Back to top Go down
40 Miler
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 5:40 pm

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/chuck-ragan/video/nothing-left-to-prove_2146595955.html

Whole album performed in session. Watching this makes this album seem that more solid. Best release from Chuck yet.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:53 am

Finally listening to this record. Over on Spotify to be exact. Solid through the first few tunes. Excellent string work as well.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:18 am

The album has grown on me a lot. The hidden track may be my favorite.
Back to top Go down
jeffrey2
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
jeffrey2

PostSubject: Chris Wollard & The Ship Thieves   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 1:53 am

I heard Chris Wollard is done with the new Ship Thieves record, anybody have any clue when to expect it, and who's putting it out, lots of songs on youtube that aren't on first album out there, pretty excited for this one!
Back to top Go down
http://jcool_se7en@hotmail.com
40 Miler
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:48 am

Wollard just seems to write endlessly. Apparently at his shows he plays a load of songs that are unreleased and will never end up on anything. We'll just have to wait and see. It's be amazing i'm sure.
Back to top Go down
MxBx!
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MxBx!

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Staylucky43 wrote:
Wollard just seems to write endlessly. Apparently at his shows he plays a load of songs that are unreleased and will never end up on anything. We'll just have to wait and see. It's be amazing i'm sure.

The first album was a beast of a record, I still need to get that on Vinyl.

Also, what about any other side projects other than The Draft? Have you heard Blacktop Cadence or Crowes? amazing stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harker/120725651345443?sk=app_1780
Tiffany
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Tiffany

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:54 pm

MxBx! wrote:
Staylucky43 wrote:

The first album was a beast of a record, I still need to get that on Vinyl.

Also, what about any other side projects other than The Draft? Have you heard Blacktop Cadence or Crowes? amazing stuff.

There is also Rumbleseat
Back to top Go down
MxBx!
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MxBx!

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:26 pm

Yeah how could I forget.

I've always been a bit skeptical with Rumbleseat though, I always find that I have to be in the right mood. One day I was cycling for the hell of it and it was some good music just to cycle to.

I'd love to get my hands on some of the earlier seven inches too, never seen any of them on eBay. Bit like Chucks monthly seven inches he did.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harker/120725651345443?sk=app_1780
40 Miler
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 7:36 pm

Love Rumbleseat and Blacktop.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 2:29 pm

is this a cover or a new song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7pqNIPZe8A
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:06 pm

Bea wrote:

It's a cover of "Happiness Comes in a Box" by Yellow Red Sparks. It's excellent, as well. I like the original version, but Chuck's is way better.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:52 pm

thanks! i love Chuck's version, the original not so much Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 11:52 pm

und32 wrote:
Bea wrote:

It's a cover of "Happiness Comes in a Box" by Yellow Red Sparks. It's excellent, as well. I like the original version, but Chuck's is way better.

HOLY SHIT I can't believe Chuck Covered one of their songs....I love Yellow Red Sparks and I know the singer and I know he will be soo happy when I tell him about this.

and I'm sorry but I still think the Original version is better.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:52 am

so i just got this on the mail today. Chuck's song is pretty damn good
http://tcecdotcom.storenvy.com/products/119920-cut-the-sh-volume-1-charity-cd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)
Page 9 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next