DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus

Go down 
+5
kieran
DaveSavedTheDay
JJW319
simo
Krusimo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Krusimo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Krusimo

TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus Empty
PostSubject: TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus   TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:27 am

http://www.titus.de/screen.phtml?screen=ws_showentry&ForumID=330&MainPostingID=8008444

Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthemfans.de
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus   TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:38 pm

English translation? Is it open to anyone?
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus   TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:42 pm

IDK, Chrome auto-translate didn't do much.

But I think it ends on October 15
Back to top Go down
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

PostSubject: Re: TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus   TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:31 pm

FUUUUCK. I want to do this. Bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scheponik.com

PostSubject: Re: TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus   TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:14 am

okay, let me translate for you... (p.s. it's really usefull to be capable of any other language than your own)

"skate-aid and titus search for a new tga - t-shirt - design."

We're searching for a new tga - t-shirt - design that we want to use for a good cause
please help us: design your own t-shirt for the "jukebox romeos"
out of all designs sent in, The Gaslight Anthem will choose a winner
the winning design will be printed on a limited number of 50 high quality tees (fairtrade, co2-neutral, free from bad chemicals)
these 50 tees will be sold on "titus" exclusively. the amount of money, as tga wish, will be donated to skate-aid

the winner will be rewarded with a tee and a hoodie printed with their design...
DUE: Oktober 15th 2010!!!

contest presented by gaslightanthem-fans, sideonedummy, skate-aid

so let the design battle begin, i will definitely participate, wootwoot

Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus   TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:25 am

Grazer wrote:
okay, let me translate for you... (p.s. it's really usefull to be capable of any other language than your own)

As an aside you do realise how badly foreign languages are taught over here in England?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus   TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:30 am

Quote :
As an aside you do realise how badly foreign languages are taught over here in England?

nope, actually i don't know, just think that every person should at be able to communicate in any other language than their own... otherwise i could not participate in here Wink
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus   TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:33 am

Grazer wrote:
Quote :

nope, actually i don't know, just think that every person should at be able to communicate in any other language than their own... otherwise i could not participate in here Wink

Oh I whole heartedly agree please dont get me wrong. I don't know what its like in the states but here in the UK languages are taught pretty badly at least in my experience it was always secondary to the core the subjects and wasn't treated as important.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus   TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:39 am

maybe because everyone else is supposed to learn your language, your government doesn't consider foreign languages being important... sad for you, because each additional language gives you so much. hopefully this whole thing will be reconsidered.

back to the topic, i think it's awesome that tga themselves will be the ones to choose the winning-design =)
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus   TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:37 pm

That's really cool. Is there a specific format to turn it in as? I'd really like to try this.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus   TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:39 pm

simo wrote:
That's really cool. Is there a specific format to turn it in as? I'd really like to try this.

nope, no specific formats or other rules, i guess it's all up to us, creativity wins^^
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus   TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 4:13 pm

Only 50 tees? I imagine only can buy in EU?

Anyway, alot of people do speak some of another language - maybe not just German. And in the US, most middle schools teach Spanish, which is more realavent in America more so than a Germanic language. HS teach Spanish, French. Of course colleges teach em all Wink
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus   TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 4:27 pm

In Sweden everyone learns English and then everyone learns a bit of either Spanish, French or German.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus   TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:05 pm

Yea, it definitely alot different in Europe, as there are at least a half a dozen different language all within a few hundred miles, so it makes sense to learn them.

I will say, I guess most Americans really don't know anything too well besides English. I'm pretty decent in Spanish, very little french. I wouldn't mind learning another sometime in the future, but it would never have the practicality of learning Spanish for me
Back to top Go down
Sinngh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Sinngh

PostSubject: Re: TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus   TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 8:43 am

It's up for sale now:
There ya go!
Back to top Go down
Midnight Rambler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Midnight Rambler

PostSubject: Re: TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus   TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 4:28 pm

Oh wow, I really like that.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus   TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 8:53 pm

wow, still on sale, they didn´t even sale the 50 copies of these. To be honest, I don´t like the design.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus   TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TGA T-Shirt Contest by Titus
Page 1 of 1