DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baltimore Show

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

Baltimore Show Empty
PostSubject: Baltimore Show   Baltimore Show Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:48 am

Wow....

I don't even know what to say.....

This was my 5th Gaslight Show and they were the best I've ever seen....

The crowd was incredibly into it, moshing hard but taking care of each other...

That's the best part of Gaslight shows, the crowd goes hard, but takes care of each other too... It's an unbelievable sense of community and tonight felt more close knit than ever...

I love all you guys, I love this fanbase. I love this band. Thanks for everything you all have given to me, and thanks to the band for all the music.

Cannot wait for thursday! But somehow I think it'll be hard to top tonight, especially with all those seats in the way....

Also, met Alex lead guitarist tonight, he was awesome! really gracious, said he was a bit nervous for the NYC show, cuz it's their biggest headline show ever....

Thanks Ian for giving me the setlist after the 9:30 show... He's such a great guy, great to see him rock the guitar a little bit while Brian took on just hte mic....

Brian came out, I was lucky to get a picture with him, I asked if he'd do me a favor in thursday and he said "no, my family's gonna be there" and that was that....

I was going to ask if they'd play "Left of the Dial" but oh well, really looking forward to that show...

Gaslight's the best ever... ahhhh 2 more days!
Back to top Go down
J_Schooly
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Baltimore Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Show   Baltimore Show Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:24 am

Anyone have a setlist? Last night was the first DC-area Gaslight show I've missed in almost three years, so I almost don't want to know what I missed … but I still do.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

Baltimore Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Show   Baltimore Show Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 11:31 am

no particular order except for H&L:

high & lonesome, patient ferris wheel, 59 sound, great expectations, american slang, bring it on, stay lucky, boxer, miles davis & the cool, here's looking at you kid, backseats, 1930, boomboxes, even cowgirls get the blues, casanova baby, ida called you woody, angry johnny, old white lincoln, film noir, blues jeans & white t-shirts, diamond church street choir, queen of lower chelsea. that's all i can remember.

i don't remember them playing we came to dance, which i think would be the first time i'd ever seen them not play it (this was either my 10th or 11th show, i've lost count).

another tidbit, brian sang a snippet from "waiting is the hardest part" instead of the line from "i'm on fire" during high & lonesome
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

Baltimore Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Show   Baltimore Show Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:36 pm

yeah, i'm surprised they didn't play we came to dance either- that's usually a staple in their sets. my buddy who was at his first GA show really wished they woulda played it.... Oh well! It was a great show!

It seemed to be a bit shorter than the night before, but maybe it just flew by
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

Baltimore Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Show   Baltimore Show Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:03 pm

i was expecting a bit more length out of the encore, though i definitely got the impression they were saving themselves a bit for tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
Bobby Bobson
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Baltimore Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Show   Baltimore Show Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 12:59 am

I was at the show. Had a great time! I was wondering about the reference Brian made about a writer from Baltimore who wrote this about Jersey. Anyone know who she was and the name of the book? Very interested in finding out about it. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Baltimore Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Show   Baltimore Show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baltimore Show
Page 1 of 1