DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elvis - Complete Masters (the mother of all box sets)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Elvis - Complete Masters (the mother of all box sets) Empty
PostSubject: Elvis - Complete Masters (the mother of all box sets)   Elvis - Complete Masters (the mother of all box sets) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:05 pm

Surely this must be the mother of all box sets:

http://www.completeelvis.com

The Ultimate Tribute
The definitive collection of Elvis Presley’s complete master recordings

This is the definitive collection: all 711 master recordings as released during Elvis’ lifetime, mastered from the original analog master tapes where available. Each recording has been carefully restored to achieve the best sound reproduction ever without compromising the audio quality of the original master. The collection also contains 103 additional rare recordings and a 240-page hardbound book featuring an annotated discography, original album artwork, rare and classic photos, a complete song index and an essay by Peter Guralnick. Housed in a beautiful, limited edition display case.

Elvis - Complete Masters (the mother of all box sets) Christmas12

Last edited by steady now steady now on Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Elvis - Complete Masters (the mother of all box sets)   Elvis - Complete Masters (the mother of all box sets) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:07 pm

I find that massively appealing even though i have pretty much avoided elvis to this point.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Elvis - Complete Masters (the mother of all box sets)   Elvis - Complete Masters (the mother of all box sets) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Holland wrote:
I find that massively appealing even though i have pretty much avoided elvis to this point.

My favourite Elvis album (out of the few I know) is 'Back in Memphis'. Give it a try.

As for the box set, even at $895, that's still only about $1 per song, and you get all the other stuff (but 'no', I haven't got that kinda money).
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Elvis - Complete Masters (the mother of all box sets)   Elvis - Complete Masters (the mother of all box sets) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:39 pm

Holland wrote:

Same.
For such an iconic musician, I've never once listened to him of my own volition. It's either on the radio or PA in a shopping centre or something.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Elvis - Complete Masters (the mother of all box sets)   Elvis - Complete Masters (the mother of all box sets) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:46 pm

I have a compilation CD with all of his major hits and I put it on sometimes. You can also listen to one song and one artist at a time though, so I haven't given him much airplay to say so.

Looks like a beautiful set, probably too expensive for the general music lover though, regardless of it's value/money ratio =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elvis - Complete Masters (the mother of all box sets)   Elvis - Complete Masters (the mother of all box sets) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elvis - Complete Masters (the mother of all box sets)
Page 1 of 1