DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Wallflowers

Go down 
+9
thomas94
Matilda Noir
MKULTRA
steph
Jerseyrain
JJW319
simo
IKeeptheDiner
Philo
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 5:42 pm

Recently started getting into this band, anyone else into them at all?

Ive got Jakob Dylans 2 albums and then a friend reccomended these guys to me as he was their fron man.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:15 pm

Very under-rated band. Breach was an album that brother constantly played when i was like 6 and 7. Finally got in on vinyl recently and listened to it for the first time in years. It's wonderful.
Back to top Go down

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:24 pm

Picked up a copy of Bringing Down The Horse randomly one day at a thrift store on a whim and I love it. They were on my mental list of bands to check out and I'm glad I found an album and didn't just forget about them. I think they're at least worth a listen to most Gaslight fans.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:40 pm

Yeah Bringing Down the Horse is good. I always kind of dismissed the Wallflowers for whatever reason but I picked up Jakob's solo albums a while back and was blown away. Saw Bringing Down the Horse for $3 a month or two ago and bought it.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 12:15 am

Breach outshine Bringing Down the Horse for me

both good, Breach is great
Back to top Go down

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:29 pm

Haven't heard Breach yet. Will for sure check it out, though!
Back to top Go down

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:25 pm

Neeeeew Album.
http://www.spinner.com/2011/11/02/jakob-dylan-wallflowers-reunion/
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:12 pm

Just happened to listen the Bringing Down the Horse album today. Awesome - still intending to check out Jakobs solo stuff
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:04 pm

I'm seeing Jakob live next week. I love his solo stuff so much.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:10 am

^ umm Bringing Down the Horse is the best. must have. i saw them live once, many years ago...but between Bringing Down the Horse, Red Letter Days, and some of his solo stuff (that's basically what I've heard of them) BDTH is the best. i have many good memories that sync up with some of those songs.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:23 am

great, thanks to this thread, i am so in a Wallflowers mood now.
Back to top Go down

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 2:34 pm

steph wrote:
great, thanks to this thread, i am so in a Wallflowers mood now.

That is so not a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:21 am

anyone else really excited for the new album? what does everyone think of the single? i don't think its anything overly amazing but i do like it. cool bassline.
Back to top Go down
Matilda Noir
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Matilda Noir

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:38 pm

They are really good. I love JD's voice! I saw them in concernt many moons ago and he's also great live as well. I had no idea a new album was coming out. I have breach on vinyl and that's a great record! One time Brian said a quote about Jakob and it was so dead on....let me look for it....Well I can't find it, LOL. Anyways it was something about how J.D. sings as if he has the utmost care and concern but at the same time sounds like he doesn't care at all.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:43 pm

I enjoy the single. Very Clash-y. (I mean it does have Mick Jones on it). I posted about it in the Jakob Dylan thread cause I didn't know we had this one. We could probably do with merging them together.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 7:27 pm

Never noticed that band Wink ..so I'm glad I found out about 'em now. They are cool...some of their song that I gave a listen are really nice to relax
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:54 pm

Wow. I just checked out the songs Brian played with the Wallflowers last month at the Stone Pony on YouTube. Great stuff.
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 11:03 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Wow. I just checked out the songs Brian played with the Wallflowers last month at the Stone Pony on YouTube. Great stuff.
Can you post a link?
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:45 am

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=brian+fallon+wallflowers&oq=brian+fallon+wallflowers&gs_l=youtube.3..0.10919.18344.0.18411.24.17.0.7.7.0.239.1654.12j3j1.16.0...0.0...1ac.YWh1mZbbLto
Back to top Go down
brilliantdisguise87
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:38 am

WingsForWheels wrote:
anyone else really excited for the new album? what does everyone think of the single? i don't think its anything overly amazing but i do like it. cool bassline.

I like it a lot. Maybe that's because I'm a gigantic fan of The Clash. "Reboot The Mission" has Mick's prints ALL over it.
Back to top Go down
brilliantdisguise87
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:05 pm

Release day is tomorrow. Anyone picking it up? They have a release show here in LA and I know I'm going. Any other members going? We should grab a drink.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 11:17 pm

I got the vinyl (which has a CD included) 2 weeks ago...it really sounds great. I've given it so any listens and it just keeps growing on me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
Sponsored content

The Wallflowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wallflowers   The Wallflowers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wallflowers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: