DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Movies

Go down 
+70
bringiton
kissthebottle
KittyKat
Klown
White Man In Hammersmith
sickgirl
Mr.Grieves
redheadchick
Red_Heels
The Angry Johnny Revue
Ryan!
Christophe
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Poet Jonah
HorribleCrowe
DeathoftheCool
Camus
Jerseyrain
JimmyB
Labhras
hawkjones
ThisMachineKillsFascists
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Harbortown
Gaslight23
Bea
Holland
Philo
riversedge
waltzingseñora
loazis
undead and buried
Shrewsbury_Stars
plugga
Down by the Mersey
Kosburn59
rivercities
rhg5010
steady now steady now
Johnny99
simo
sarahjay
Scarlett
RobertODonnell
andy.mac
colmillionaire
massie1903
Palmer89
thecosmickid
Daire
Vibes
Stevearm
tdawg
steph
mescalero
kcdc
stupendoussven
jordan13
stephendgaf
Refused
xstevenbx
ktp
The Dude
JoshRaymond
billy pilgrim
ambrose
Forum Owner
Stalls_Standing
Jukebox Romeo
e7c
74 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
AuthorMessage
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

Movies - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:53 pm

Klown wrote:
Philo wrote:
Klown wrote:
I'm going to watch The Dark Knight Rises, for the 4th time in the next few days, this is still an 11/10 film for me.

Just back from watching this, just wasn't for me I guess, really didn't see what all the hype was about. No

Weakest out of the trilogy imo, suffers from serious Godfather III syndrome I think, just too much to live up to maybe

I've heard a few reactions that fell on the other side of the fence for this one, and that's fair enough. I loved the fact that it took on-board 3 story arcs from comics, and referenced so much. I still get the original chills, from the last 5 minutes, re-watching it. I'm just a huge Batman fan, and this was so many of my favourite images of Batman, put on screen.

My main and probably only real grip from the film, the soundtrack, it was too over-bearing, and drowned out certain dialogue during the film.

I thought the arcs they took on were great and it was well shot but it just seemed to lag at times and I found it a bit ott.

Agree with you on the soundtrack and the dialouge, found it very hard to make out what Bane was saying in the stadium scene.

Enjoyed the ending though found it a bit too cheesy Razz Batman Begins remains my fave!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Movies - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:58 pm

Philo wrote:

I thought the arcs they took on were great and it was well shot but it just seemed to lag at times and I found it a bit ott.

Agree with you on the soundtrack and the dialouge, found it very hard to make out what Bane was saying in the stadium scene.

Enjoyed the ending though found it a bit too cheesy Razz Batman Begins remains my fave!

I dunno, maybe it was the fact that I watched it at 5am, but it moved along at a lovely pace for me, I've had a short attention span as of late, but this seemed like a 80 minute film for me.

I've ordered the soundtrack on vinyl, I'm going to have to play it that bit louder, to get the full effect of it, and struggle with day-to-day conversations...haha

What did you think of Bane's voice? I...didn't like it at first, but really grew to it, I also loved how they changed the story to adapt to how he was portrayed. Nice twist in there, even though I had forgot about said twist.

The end..cheesy...maybe so, but there was nods to it throughout the film, and whilst they did sort of trip over themselves with a funeral, I felt it still led to a nice re-boot and as Nolan is helping with it....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

Movies - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:08 pm

Klown wrote:

I dunno, maybe it was the fact that I watched it at 5am, but it moved along at a lovely pace for me, I've had a short attention span as of late, but this seemed like a 80 minute film for me.

I've ordered the soundtrack on vinyl, I'm going to have to play it that bit louder, to get the full effect of it, and struggle with day-to-day conversations...haha

What did you think of Bane's voice? I...didn't like it at first, but really grew to it, I also loved how they changed the story to adapt to how he was portrayed. Nice twist in there, even though I had forgot about said twist.

The end..cheesy...maybe so, but there was nods to it throughout the film, and whilst they did sort of trip over themselves with a funeral, I felt it still led to a nice re-boot and as Nolan is helping with it....

Could have been that, i was wrecked and the pictures was roasting so i was real sleepy watching it haha Great soundtrack tbf, can't go wrong with Mister Zimmer :L

Aye thought he had a great voice, kinda hard to distinguish at times but the voice suited the character. Was a surprising twist but I thought it was kind off unneeded, though it did set up a good ending.

Thought it could have done with a solid final ending but I suppose Hollywood never truley puts a great franchise to rest anymore.

I'd give it a solid 6 maybe 7 out of 10.
Back to top Go down

Movies - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:47 pm

So, though I loved the movie, I feel that it was full of plotholes. Specifically, the one about the world's greatest detective being mislead into believing Bane was the son of Ra's al Ghul. He believes that Bane was the child who climbed out of the Lazarus Pit, but Bane himself states that he did not see light until he was already a man. How could he miss something so very obvious and contradictory? I guess you could say that Batman believed Bane was just being theatrical and dramatic (as Bane so obviously is, something that is part of his character and is also something the two characters learned due to being in the League of Shadows), but come on, Bruce!

Oh, and as someone who is really into voices and has plans of becoming a voice actor, I've been working for the past few days on perfecting a Bane impression. It's not coming along very well, but my friend has a really, really great one. Maybe if I see it again...
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Movies - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:51 pm

I really enjoyed the film. The one thing I didn't like about it though was that the realism wasn't near as much as The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight had a very realistic storyline. I think Nolan went way to comic bookish with the The Dark Knight Rises which is weird for me to say because Batman is a comic book character. haha
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Movies - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:55 pm

I honestly didn't think there was that much changes in the comic book approach for the 2 more recent films, Begins...felt like more of the gritty setup story, almost Moore-esque. TDK and TDKR both had huge comic book feels to them, I felt that BB didn't have that.

As for the whole backstory of Bane, I thought that Nolan adapted it well to his universe, it got past the venom story, and got Bane to have importance to the very first instance of Batman in this trilogy. Was stuff over-looked, sure, but that added to the reveal, as that would have been no fun if it was done half way through, it was much more fun, to have it just as you think Batman has done it.
Back to top Go down

Movies - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:58 pm

Oh no, I loved Bane. I loved how the Lazarus Pit was made less of a stupid plot device used ret-con any and all deaths and more of a metaphor. I love Bane in general, and thought this portrayal was amazing.

It's just, come on Bruce Wayne. You're the world's greatest detective.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Movies - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 10:01 pm

But...by the time all of this came to him, he was broken, and at his lowest point, his mind was already clouded from being an outcast and vulnerable. For the first time in the Nolan-verse, he was beaten, and left for dead.

Just my take Smile

I'm going to watch it again today, I'll view it from a different angle, see if it changes my take Smile
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

Movies - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 5:02 am

BEST trilogy of all time.

Toy Story trilogy is close as hell.
Godfather, Alien, Spiderman, Scream, and Star Wars 3rd acts were let downs.
Still need to see the Raiders sequels.
LOTR will probably be a competitor for most people, but I just never cared for the series.
I love Kevins Smiths Jersey trilogy, though it's a little too unofficial to really call a trilogy.
Haven't seen any Bourne movies... yet.
Pirates and Matrix sequels sucked.

I just realized how little authority I have to declare this.

Oh well.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Movies - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:07 am

I strongly disliked TDKR... Just seemed like propaganda for the occupy movement. The entire second half of the movie could have been the gospel for the movement. Also how wonderful that Wayne manor reappeared! Strong acting from JGL though, he kinda stole the film in my eyes. But where there were so many strong points there were an equal amount of low points, such as Bane and his voice, yikes. Didn't they try to fix that? Sounds like they recorded it outside in someone's shed and felt like it was ok enough. Ughhh I just finished it and still have so many feelings, this is my initial reaction though. 4/10.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Movies - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:25 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
I strongly disliked TDKR... Just seemed like propaganda for the occupy movement. The entire second half of the movie could have been the gospel for the movement. Also how wonderful that Wayne manor reappeared! Strong acting from JGL though, he kinda stole the film in my eyes. But where there were so many strong points there were an equal amount of low points, such as Bane and his voice, yikes. Didn't they try to fix that? Sounds like they recorded it outside in someone's shed and felt like it was ok enough. Ughhh I just finished it and still have so many feelings, this is my initial reaction though. 4/10.

I donno, it seemed kinda anti-occupy to me. It was basically "Looks what would happen if someone similar views to occupy took over and instated those views. Everything would go to shit" The occupiers were the bad guys.

Not that I really minded, because 99% of the occupy movement is composed of idiots who tarnish the good parts of the movements message, but I'm not sure how you got a pro-occupy vibe from the movie.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Movies - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:15 pm

When did I say pro-occupy? I just said the second half of the movie directly correlated with the occupy movement for me. I'm referring to propaganda because bane states that everyone has a voice...Gah this movie...
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Movies - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:50 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
When did I say pro-occupy? I just said the second half of the movie directly correlated with the occupy movement for me. I'm referring to propaganda because bane states that everyone has a voice...Gah this movie...

Ah okay. I just misunderstood what you meant by "propaganda for the occupy movement" then. I definitely also got the occupy vibe from it, I just normally associate propaganda for something with trying to put that something in a positive light
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Movies - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 7:48 pm

The Dictator

I liked the joke about wii sports...that's it. His joke has outstayed his welcome. End of. It's not even 'offensive' to the masses anymore, it's just a poor attempt at been close to the bone.

1/10, just for the wii joke.

Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Movies - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:50 pm

Ozombie

Ermmm...where to begin? I actually, really didn't mind this. I was expecting a complete cheesefest, but it escaped the horribly corny zombie trap ( I love those films by the way) and whilst I'm not saying it was a masterpiece...was a harmless enough movie, and a bit of fun along the way. Not worth a purchase or a rental or anything, but not exactly the biggest waste of bandwidth I've ever had! I really don't know how to rate this...part of me wants to score it low, because it's not a typical zombie movie...and...urghh..the other part of me wants to give it a decent enough score, so will go for 4/10, but don't take that as a bad score...if that makes any sense!
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Movies - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 12:11 am

Has anyone seen Spring Breakers?

I liked it. Go see this in the theater if you are familiar with Kormine's films, almost as fun watching the audience as it is to watch the movie. The beginning is a little slow, but once James Franco and Gucci Mane arrive it picks up. The dialogue is terrible, but its supposed to be. Casting was incredible with the ex-Disney stars doing things that you never would have guessed, well, unless your Lindsay Lohan. The soundtrack had Waka Flocka and Gucci Mane, which really worked for me. Amazing parody on the traditional teen romp though. I was in the theater with 20 other people, when the lights came on I was there were only 5 people left. I want to hear about others experiences if you've seen it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Movies - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movies
Page 16 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16