DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Circa Survive

Go down 
+2
IKeeptheDiner
Palmer89
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

Circa Survive Empty
PostSubject: Circa Survive   Circa Survive Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 7:13 pm

None of my other bands threads have gone down to well...I fully expect this to go the same way. Circa Survive Suspect

Been a fan on and off ever since the lead singer left Saosin to form this band, that plus I love Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind which their debut album takes alot of insiration from. 2nd album was very good also but I never listened to them much after that.

New album this year, huge advance on their sound and lyrics, some proper great songs on it to me. Get Out, Frozen Creek, I Felt Free, Dyed In The Wool etc.

Certainly rediscovered the love for them I did way back in 2007, I probably only listened to them as part of my 17/18 growing up phase but still like them to this day, and as I say, the new album is a great advance on their older stuff, certainly pushes Juturna, and probably exceeds it somewhat.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

Circa Survive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circa Survive   Circa Survive Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 7:48 pm

i saw them open up for thrice in may of i think, 08. they put on a decent live show. their fan base wasnt so cool. lot of people, and i know this sounds mean, but some i could tell their gender and they were going ape shit. luckily for me, they left when thrice came on so i got up to second row.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

Circa Survive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circa Survive   Circa Survive Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 7:56 pm

I can imagine them to have a very stereotypical fan base unfortunatly.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

Circa Survive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circa Survive   Circa Survive Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:16 pm

Listened to one song there earlier after seeing this thread, 'The Only Difference Between Medication and Poison is the Dose'. It was a decent tune and I'll more than likely check out a few more.

The guitar noise was VERY sharp on the ear though. :/
Back to top Go down

Circa Survive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circa Survive   Circa Survive Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:30 pm

I remember seeing them on Last Call with Carson Daly eariler this year.
Back to top Go down

Circa Survive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circa Survive   Circa Survive Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 6:49 am

i like em quite well, got the "on letting go" album. their music has got something very psychedelic for me, still don't always like the singer's voice.

so how's the new record? i just read the short article in latest rock sound. d
Back to top Go down

Circa Survive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circa Survive   Circa Survive Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 6:50 am

Palmer89 wrote:
None of my other bands threads have gone down to well...I fully expect this to go the same way.

i know what you mean, the same with me. none of my other band-threads was too welcomed^^
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

Circa Survive Empty
PostSubject: d   Circa Survive Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:11 am

Grazer wrote:
i like em quite well, got the "on letting go" album. their music has got something very psychedelic for me, still don't always like the singer's voice.

so how's the new record? i just read the short article in latest rock sound. d

Singers voice a lot less whiney/high pitched, it works on the older albums and not complaining but can see why it would annoy people.

The new album is a lot rockier, the lyrics and music have grown mcuh more from On Letting Go. Listen to Frozen Creek, Fever Dreams and Get Out, all are damn good songs and have a pretty new sound.

Only reason I even knew of the new album was the latest rock sound, came with a CD and the first song was the new Circa song. Had kinda let them drift from my music tastes but the new album is just too good to let them slip. Circa Survive Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Circa Survive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circa Survive   Circa Survive Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:44 am

they are from my town and are all really cool guys. they released a song online and made enough money to save my town's record store. so i give their fans, albeit they are skeptical, a lot of credit.

is blue sky noise worth picking up? I really dig their previous 2 records.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

Circa Survive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circa Survive   Circa Survive Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:22 am

Quote :

• Note: "1,000 Witnesses" was made available exclusively for the Invisible Children benefit.
  • Note: "The Most Dangerous Commercials" was made available
    exclusively by donating to help move Siren Records located in
    Doylestown, Pennsylvania.

Wikipedia makes you right.

Yeah, I think BSN is on another level to their previous work.
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

Circa Survive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circa Survive   Circa Survive Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:13 pm

My gf got me "On Letting Go" around when we first started dating about a year and a half ago. I have the first album now, too, and she got the new one recently. "The only difference between medicine and poison..." is a great song. Yes, the guitars on their albums are very high. In fact, I had my iPod set with the "rock" equalizer when I first got it and the album was unlistenable; horribly high pitched distortion. But then I changed the setting, cause those equalizer settings suck.

As far as the new album goes I feel it to be a lot more melodic than their older stuff. I like their old stuff, but nothing really grabbed me and kept me coming back. I felt like the hooks were really lacking in impact, and the good ones were the songs I remembered. Now, I certainly don't NEED hooks (I'm a Mars Volta fan, too), but it always felt like something was missing from Circa's songs to make them more memorable. I think the new album added that element. Also, I think Anthony Green's voice has gotten better, although it's still a very love-it-or-hate-it. Oh, and the new songs have better lyrics. I mean WTF were half the songs about on those albums? The lyrics were pretty ridiculous, and I've noticed many reviewers commenting on that very aspect of their stuff.

So, yes, I like them.

Also, does anyone listen to The Sound of Animal Fighting? It's a collaboration with guys from the RX Bandits and Anthony Green and some other people. I haven't gotten to them yet, but I picked up the latest RX Bandits (Mandala) recently and it's good stuff. It's like progressive-alternative-ska. "Hope is a Butterfly..." is a pretty good representation of all the different genre's in their style. Check it out! And let me know about TSoAF, if anyone here listens to them.
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

Circa Survive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circa Survive   Circa Survive Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:17 am

Just saw Circa live for the first time the other night and they blew me away with their live show. If you like their music I highly suggest you see them live. They played in the same venue that I saw TGA a month ago and completely rocked it to the ground. The energy was through the roof, and the fans were singing every song like they were a part of it. Fantastic live show.

Dredg was one of the openers, who I love and have seen headlining, but they had some tech problems that cut their set short and put a limit on what songs they could play (equipment issues). That was a huge bummer.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

Circa Survive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circa Survive   Circa Survive Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 3:28 am

Circa is one of my favorites! I saw them in July and I get to see them again next week!! last time I was mad at myself for not getting a picture with anthony and this time I definitely will try. also excited to pick up the tour 7" and possibly the show poster. i love all of their albums, but blue sky noise is definitely my 2nd favorite album of the year, right behind american slang!!!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Sponsored content

Circa Survive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circa Survive   Circa Survive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Circa Survive
Page 1 of 1