DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

tcm

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cclement

tcm Empty
PostSubject: tcm   tcm Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:02 pm

if you have any questions about this charming man i'd be glad to answer them.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

tcm Empty
PostSubject: Re: tcm   tcm Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:46 am

cclement wrote:
if you have any questions about this charming man i'd be glad to answer them.

I wrote in the Titanic thread that I'd really like to see some photos of the original members of This Charming Man (as oppossed to the photo on Xoxo). You can email me at ah@gaslightanthem.org and I can post them here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

tcm Empty
PostSubject: Re: tcm   tcm Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 1:57 pm

Hey CClement,

I have a couple of questions for ya.

1. What was the transition like as This Charming Man ended and The Gaslight Anthem began? I'm not trying to stir up and bad feelings or memories, I've just always been curious about this transition since pictures exist of Gaslight, 1/2 of Gaslight and 1/2 of TCM. Who came in? Who left? Was it a clean finish for the band? Why did it happen?

2. In "Sweet Delta Blues," in the bridge, Brian sings a song from another previous band. The song being "Scene of the Crime" by Brian Fallon and the Cincinnati Rail Tie. Any idea how or why that crept into the song?

3. Who made the decision to name the band This Charming Man? Were you all big fans of The Smiths?

4. What was touring like in TCM? How long did you tour? Were there any gigs that were memorable? How long would you spend on the road at a time?

5. What song of TCM's are you most proud of?

6. Why didn't "Titanic" make it onto Every Little Secret?

7. How many demos did you guys record? Do you have demos for everything on the record? I believe the only two demos to have surfaced are "Cut The Rope" and "Titanic."

Thanks for answering questions. I look forward to reading your answers. I invite you to sign up for the forum. Come join the community. It's a great place!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
cclementi1
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

tcm Empty
PostSubject: Re: tcm   tcm Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 2:55 pm

Vibes wrote:
Hey CClement,

I have a couple of questions for ya.

1. What was the transition like as This Charming Man ended and The Gaslight Anthem began? I'm not trying to stir up and bad feelings or memories, I've just always been curious about this transition since pictures exist of Gaslight, 1/2 of Gaslight and 1/2 of TCM. Who came in? Who left? Was it a clean finish for the band? Why did it happen? Well it kinda went like this. TCM formed because my friend joe found brian on a message board i'm pretty sure looking for a band. He told me i needed to play with them so i was like ok i'm in. We had our first practice at my house and me and brian decided my friend joe wasnt good enough. So i told brian i had another friend who was phenomenal at the drums. I brought mike in the next day and my other friend mike on lead guitar. Within the first week we had written our demo. Stuff moved kinda fast even at that point. eventually i uh well i ran into personal problems and had to be let go. and mike leboeuf the drummer who was my best friend was kinda really upset by this so he quit and joined another nj band called the banner. mike volpe stayed for alittle while longer and then decided to leave as well. tcm was never like officially ended and the gaslight anthem started. it was kinda just some dudes left and some came in and during that they changed their name.

2. In "Sweet Delta Blues," in the bridge, Brian sings a song from another previous band. The song being "Scene of the Crime" by Brian Fallon and the Cincinnati Rail Tie. Any idea how or why that crept into the song?
honestly i have no idea. i know if brian liked the line and im sure the CRT song didnt get as much recognition as he would've like the line to get. so i'm sure he thought it was a good time to use it again.

3. Who made the decision to name the band This Charming Man? Were you all big fans of The Smiths?
Honestly i think i've listened to the smiths like once hahaha. it was brians idea, hes always got ideas hahaha.

4. What was touring like in TCM? How long did you tour? Were there any gigs that were memorable? How long would you spend on the road at a time? We never toured actually. We had one with the feverfew lined up but we got snowed in. godbless new jersey.

5. What song of TCM's are you most proud of? Shit good question. Titanic was always my favorite to play. There was alot on the ep that i was really proud of i just thought the quality of the recording didnt do any of the songs justice at all.

6. Why didn't "Titanic" make it onto Every Little Secret? We had recorded it at my friends studio. And we had pushed the demo of it really hard so by the time we went to record the ep that song was kind of old actually. And we never stopped writing songs. You know how it is, everyones knew songs at the time are usually on the top of the list.

7. How many demos did you guys record? Do you have demos for everything on the record? I believe the only two demos to have surfaced are "Cut The Rope" and "Titanic." I think you might mean kiss me i'm a pirate and titanic. cause on our demo we did kiss me i'm a pirate as well as the record. we had four songs on our demo. we didnt demo anything on the record. we were pretty efficient studio wise and working on our own. we never stopped from the day we started and brian still hasnt stopped as you can obvioulsy see.

Thanks for answering questions. I look forward to reading your answers. I invite you to sign up for the forum. Come join the community. It's a great place!
Back to top Go down

tcm Empty
PostSubject: Re: tcm   tcm Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:44 pm

cool! thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

tcm Empty
PostSubject: Re: tcm   tcm Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 7:23 am

(I have edited Chris Clementi's reply to make the answers easier to read)

Questions by Vibes, answers by C.Clementi

1. What was the transition like as This Charming Man ended and The Gaslight Anthem began? I'm not trying to stir up and bad feelings or memories, I've just always been curious about this transition since pictures exist of Gaslight, 1/2 of Gaslight and 1/2 of TCM. Who came in? Who left? Was it a clean finish for the band? Why did it happen?

Well it kinda went like this. TCM formed because my friend joe found brian on a message board i'm pretty sure looking for a band. He told me i needed to play with them so i was like ok i'm in. We had our first practice at my house and me and brian decided my friend joe wasnt good enough. So i told brian i had another friend who was phenomenal at the drums. I brought mike in the next day and my other friend mike on lead guitar. Within the first week we had written our demo. Stuff moved kinda fast even at that point. eventually i uh well i ran into personal problems and had to be let go. and mike leboeuf the drummer who was my best friend was kinda really upset by this so he quit and joined another nj band called the banner. mike volpe stayed for alittle while longer and then decided to leave as well. tcm was never like officially ended and the gaslight anthem started. it was kinda just some dudes left and some came in and during that they changed their name.

Honestly i have no idea. i know if brian liked the line and im sure the CRT song didnt get as much recognition as he would've like the line to get. so i'm sure he thought it was a good time to use it again.

Honestly i think i've listened to the smiths like once hahaha. it was brians idea, hes always got ideas hahaha.

4. What was touring like in TCM? How long did you tour? Were there any gigs that were memorable? How long would you spend on the road at a time?

We never toured actually. We had one with the feverfew lined up but we got snowed in. godbless new jersey.

5. What song of TCM's are you most proud of?

Shit good question. Titanic was always my favorite to play. There was alot on the ep that i was really proud of i just thought the quality of the recording didnt do any of the songs justice at all.

6. Why didn't "Titanic" make it onto Every Little Secret?

We had recorded it at my friends studio. And we had pushed the demo of it really hard so by the time we went to record the ep that song was kind of old actually. And we never stopped writing songs. You know how it is, everyones new songs at the time are usually on the top of the list.

7. How many demos did you guys record? Do you have demos for everything on the record?

I believe the only two demos to have surfaced are "Cut The Rope" and "Titanic." I think you might mean kiss me i'm a pirate and titanic. cause on our demo we did kiss me i'm a pirate as well as the record. we had four songs on our demo. we didnt demo anything on the record. we were pretty efficient studio wise and working on our own. we never stopped from the day we started and brian still hasnt stopped as you can obvioulsy see. We never toured actually. We had one with the feverfew lined up but we got snowed in. godbless new jersey.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

tcm Empty
PostSubject: Re: tcm   tcm Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:27 pm

cclementi1 wrote:

Thanks for answering those questions. Interesting to hear more about This Charming Man.

You mentioned the demo in another thread... I'd too would love to hear those if possible.
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

tcm Empty
PostSubject: Re: tcm   tcm Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:56 pm

Did you hear Every Little Secret is planning on getting released on vinyl by the Vinyl Collective Co-Op?
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

tcm Empty
PostSubject: Re: tcm   tcm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tcm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Side Projects & Earlier Bands :: Earlier Bands (pre-TGA)-
Jump to: