DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new poster by El Jefe

Go down 
+15
ktp
lynchyeatspizza
steph
verbos
acousticbandit
loazis
Bea
Asleepontheforestfloor
Perry
El Jefe
IKeeptheDiner
ExitEnglish
stupendoussven
rivercities
steady now steady now
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

new poster by El Jefe Empty
PostSubject: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:52 am

This has just appeared on El Jefe's Facebook. It's still to be printed:

new poster by El Jefe Gaslightanthemeljefe
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
rivercities
A Contender
A Contender
rivercities

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:13 pm

this looks awesome. on the facebook page he said pedal printing is doing the printing so I guess we don't know when it will be released
Back to top Go down
stupendoussven
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
stupendoussven

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:22 pm

Looking pretty sick. El Jefe always comes up with some pretty rad artwork.
Back to top Go down
http://sirsvenjensen.tumblr.com
ExitEnglish
A Contender
A Contender
ExitEnglish

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:30 pm

wwaannnntt
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:04 pm

it's cool that it's not for a specific event. it is heavily american slang themed,stay lucky,the diamond,american slang, but i feel comfortable with it being that way. also if i were to get text as a tattoo the only thing i would feel comfortable getting would be "stay lucky," haha.
Back to top Go down
ExitEnglish
A Contender
A Contender
ExitEnglish

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:16 pm

there's a loved ones tattoo as well. at least it looks like a loved ones tattoo
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:41 pm

Which one? I didn't know that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eljefedesign.com
Perry
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:16 pm

new poster by El Jefe The_loved_ones-keep_your_heart
This one, pretty classic motive anyhow.

Still great work as allways Jefe.
Back to top Go down
ExitEnglish
A Contender
A Contender
ExitEnglish

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:41 pm

Haha well I thought the heart with the keyhole was a reference to the loved ones perhaps not.
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:46 pm

That's rad! I hope he prints a few different color schemes though!
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:12 pm

Funny about that cover, didn't see that. I wanted to get a bird on there (mostly to fill space) and was thinking of getting a key and a anchor tattoo myself so I just incorporated them. The heart/keyhole was one my wife wanted so it all works out (man, Alex is very Freudian when looking at my work so hopefully this doesn't raise too many brows).

I like the color scheme! It is going to be, in theory, a seven - nice color print. There are two layers of varnish.
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:12 pm

By the way, in five days the US Tour poster gets shown! Came out nicely. Get them at the shows!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:17 pm

i'm wondering what all those items mean... doesn't Brian have tattoos like the bird or the star or the anchor?
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:26 pm

They all mean something different relating to love and certain lyrics. The rose I put on all the women I draw for them. The anchor relates to one that Brian has. The Diamond for Diamond Church Street Choir. Stay Lucky is obvious - I wanted something nice in the scroll. Some are just sailor tattoos that I drew. The broken brass knuckles are based on another piece I did for the and the cover to Boxer. I thought LOVE on the hand was good fit and stayed positive. Not too much to say I guess.
Back to top Go down
ExitEnglish
A Contender
A Contender
ExitEnglish

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:37 pm

So there's a different poster for the us tour? And it will only be available at shows? I might have to get someone to pick that up for me
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:47 pm

Yup. New poster to get for the US shows. It will be up on my Facebook page in a few days (sketches and process images are already up but not the whole finished image - OHH THE WAIT!). I will have a few to sell in a few weeks as well as color variant (because why not). A little hint though - the editions are named Dusk and Dawn.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:03 pm

El Jefe wrote:
Yup. New poster to get for the US shows. It will be up on my Facebook page in a few days (sketches and process images are already up but not the whole finished image - OHH THE WAIT!). I will have a few to sell in a few weeks as well as color variant (because why not). A little hint though - the editions are named Dusk and Dawn.
Nice that there's a color variant, this one is so... yellow ^_^

Looks fucking amazing though, good job man =)
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:05 pm

The above is not the US poster. The US poster will be completely different and not yellow.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:07 pm

El Jefe wrote:
The above is not the US poster. The US poster will be completely different and not yellow.
Ah, I see, read it wrong. My bad =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 6:18 pm

Can't wait to see the US tour poster
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:22 pm

match made in heaven. i can't get enough of these posters!
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:29 am

Great poster Jefe. Some elements looks like a bit of a departure from the past GA designs, but it still retains the same feeling. I like the direction you seem to be headed in! The detail elements remind me a bit of another designer I really like, Kevin Tong, who recently released a poster for the Chuck Palahniuk book Invisible Monsters. He's got a great/funny article on how to get started in the band poster business and the implications of giving out tips on how to get started in it. The article is here. It's a good read! I have a lot of respect for people in your business.

BTW - I've got the Gaslight Anthem Fall '09 variant professionally framed and matted hanging in my living room and it looks incredible. This poster will surely make it's way onto another wall of mine!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:55 am

thats pretty spectactular. i feel like, at this rate, im going to end up with hundreds of Gaslight posters, just cause of how theyre all so pretty to look at.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 1:05 am

verbos wrote:

BTW - I've got the Gaslight Anthem Fall '09 variant professionally framed and matted hanging in my living room and it looks incredible. This poster will surely make it's way onto another wall of mine!
pics please!
Back to top Go down
ExitEnglish
A Contender
A Contender
ExitEnglish

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 1:08 am

is that the gramaphone one? i have that one framed in my room, looks real nice, and it's signed by brian.

or is it the one with the two kissing in the car? i've been meaning to buy that one from someone for months
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new poster by El Jefe   new poster by El Jefe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new poster by El Jefe
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next