DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Loved Ones/Dave Hause

Go down 
+117
pleasepassthesoup
brunswick18
Shrewsbury_Stars
PPQ
musigny
kappanera
jessie__tje
rated_r_67
DiamondSinatra
bt211
moosicmaniac
HorribleCrowe
racecar
jonester
DeathoftheCool
Tusseto
Christophe
Steve70s
33RPMHero
sinkorswimmydear
saraM87
Commander Vimes
eagles1139
The Last Jukebox Romeo
HolyBreakOfDay
Hanswurst
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Grant Michael
matkins
SinkOrSwim.
B701
VanillaMintFusion
Hirti
Álvaro
ifieverstray
_rebekka_
bringiton_ty
brucesboots
SubconsciousRitual
Rizz
MikeSig
TheEmptyBones
moreblue
holdsteady82
Ghost
NYYFAN523
TGAforLIFE
StitchesOnTheRadio
redheadchick
LuceroDiehard
40 Miler
Camus
Jack
EveryLittleSecret
Casey
Sinngh
NeverTrustAJunkie
njguy99
Paula
kirstyt
Klown
bringiton
riversedge
ktp
Gaslight23
Down by the Mersey
steady now steady now
Jerseyrain
Hoot
Phil Rockabill
drifter69
verbos
Tiffany
enola
Daire
CluckyB
loazis
StopAndSlideToTheRight
rivercities
IAmDisappeared
fullcollapse
thecosmickid
Silver
plugga
Stalls_Standing
brianisbae
J_Schooly
Holland
jeffrey2
Jaywalk
Jeff
mescalero
GraveRobbers
Bea
ozfacter
ExitEnglish
JJW319
simo
thisisjah
Tobi
carryon820
J.B.R.
colmillionaire
ral
PFREEZY
hostutca
thomas94
andy.mac
lynchyeatspizza
Vibes
steph
koolmcr
JoshRaymond
Prisoner
rhg5010
TonyRockyHorror
Jukebox Romeo
121 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 1:57 pm

Well, that sure is.... an uncomfortable video. ha. I love it!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 3:22 pm

not the best video ever... but still i like it
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 3:53 pm

Don't think I'll ever watch the video again but oh well, the whole album is awesome and is playing as I type this.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Silver

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:26 pm

Haha, I love that video. Especially Dave's expression in the last scene at 2.40. Just golden. Very Happy
Love that song but I would rather like to see a video for songs like "c'mon kid" or "Heavy Heart".
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:56 pm

what's the deal with "Afghanistan/Iraq '10" at the end ???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:01 pm

Bea wrote:
what's the deal with "Afghanistan/Iraq '10" at the end ???

the video is a spin off of the 1967 Scorsese's The Big Shave...if you watch the original video in the end it says "Viet '67"
referring in to the Vietnam war...So i guess Dave's video is making a reference to the Current war.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 5:01 pm

Saw Dave last night open up for Frank....there were only few people there who knew of him or the loved ones...he played 8 songs including a Hot Water Music cover.

The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 03710

The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 05811

Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 5:32 pm

Finally got Resolutions today. It's unreal. Seriously, everyone who hasn't heard it should get it right away.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 7:50 pm

Yep, one of the best albums of the year for sure.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 5:31 am

can somone please recommend one album to start with? I'm not sure where to start ;o)
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 7:37 am

I got Build and Burn first , i probably prefer Resolutions as a whole album though.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 2:22 pm

I prefer Keep Your Heart as far as the Loved Ones go, but yeah, I think Resolutions wins here. There's only two Loved Ones albums though, so might as well get them both.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 3:57 pm

Thanks guys!
One more question: Is Resolutions a Loved Ones album or a Dave House solo record? Because in itunes I only find it as Dave House album ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Tiffany
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Tiffany

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 4:23 pm

I'm really starting to like them and Dave's solo stuff.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 5:44 pm

enola wrote:
Thanks guys!
One more question: Is Resolutions a Loved Ones album or a Dave House solo record? Because in itunes I only find it as Dave House album ...
It's a solo record Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 6:45 pm

Built and Burn is awesome.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:23 am

Not the best quality, but if anybody is interested you´ll find a new loved ones song here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhBIs8__zMU
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:33 pm

"@Kevin_Slack: Excited to be working with @hausedave again this month. It's going to be a sick video!"
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:22 am

Can you guys recommend some Loved Ones with me? Every time I try to check them out I just feel "meh" towards it and I want to like it. What's some good stuff of theirs I need to check out first?
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:00 am

In response to the above post,

First, let me just say that The Loved Ones are incredible! They're up there with some of my favorite bands. If I were going to try and turn someone on to The Loved Ones without any real knowledge of their taste in music, I would recommend that one listen to "Build and Burn". As much as I enjoy "Keep Your Heart" (their first full-length), I LOVE "Build and Burn" and consider it my favorite TLO's album. Nearly every song on that album is great in my opinion. They seemed to come into their own on "Build and Burn", expanding their sound (using piano, organ, harmonica, accordion, etc.) from the more straight up punk rock sound that they displayed on their first album "Keep Your Heart". "Build and Burn" is more influenced by Americana Rock and Roll, but obviously has elements of punk as well. Also, worth noting is that members of The Hold Steady were involved in assisting TLO's with that album. They also have some EP's, but I wouldn't start with them personally. Hope you check them out and enjoy!
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:21 am

another band this lovely forum has got me into,should thank everyone on this site,so many artists/bands i'm now a big fan of because of this site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:53 am

http://losttapecollective.bandcamp.com/track/dave-hause-play-practice

found an old/new track
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:16 am

...Seems to be true that the loved ones are breaking their promise of releasing another album in 2011... Very Happy

http://propertyofzack.com/post/9927285654/propertyofzack-interview-dave-hause

That´s what Dave says in the interview:

...I’ve been writing songs for the record, but I’m not sure how collaborative it’ll end up being. The writing process will be done, everyone will put their spices on it, and we’ll record it. .....The Loved Ones have been dormant and haven’t done much of anything. It’ll be interesting once we get moving on the recording of this record. We had a meeting and committed to a recording schedule. We’ll be recording throughout the fall. We’ll release the record next year and will tour on it....The recording process in this day and age is a lot different than it used to be. We probably won’t book time. We’ll put the record out when it’s done. I’d like to have it done by the end of the year and have it out in the spring. That seems like a potential goal. There are a lot of things going on though, so it’s hard to say...When the record comes out, we’ll tour. It’s a big commitment. Everyone has to realize what they’re getting into. It’d be another record and another year and a half of touring. I don’t know. It’s all hard to predict exactly. There is another Loved Ones record. We just need to make it.

Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 10:21 pm

Just gave a listen to Dave's solo album. Me like. Like a Star @ heaven

I was never a big fan of the loved ones but I'll try to give it a second shot since i'm now more familiar with Dave's work. I'll probably appreciate it more that way.

LP ordered from Paper + Plastick!! cherry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 10:58 pm

Phil Rockabill wrote:

LP ordered from Paper + Plastick!! cherry

the LP from Paper+Plastick will arrive in three years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Loved Ones/Dave Hause
Page 9 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next