DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)

Go down 
+10
steady now steady now
ktp
IKeeptheDiner
massie1903
WWD4D?
Luca Chinaski
Holland
Stalls_Standing
thecosmickid
simo
14 posters
AuthorMessage
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version) Empty
PostSubject: Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)   Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:51 am

Hadn't seen this posted yet.

http://pitchfork.com/news/39208-video-bruce-springsteen-and-gaslight-anthem-singer-do-no-surrender/
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)   Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 6:51 am

That was GOOD.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)   Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:34 am

Brian absolutely kills it
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)   Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:51 am

That is immense.
Back to top Go down
Luca Chinaski
A Contender
A Contender
Luca Chinaski

PostSubject: Re: Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)   Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 1:02 pm

Rip? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pearljamonline.it/
WWD4D?
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WWD4D?

PostSubject: Re: Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)   Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 6:00 pm

I was there for this, but watching this back a thought struck me. How good must it feel, as a Springsteen fan, to be fronting the E Street Band, if only for a minute? Fucking amazing, I'll bet.
Back to top Go down
massie1903
A Contender
A Contender
massie1903

PostSubject: Re: Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)   Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 2:39 pm

Just got the blu-ray today, and you can see how much it means to Brian when he sings the 2(?) verses on his own. He gives it everything, and the feeling must've been amazing.

*Apologies about the number of verses, i'm just watching through it now, and just past No Surrender, so can't quite remember!
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)   Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 5:06 pm

I've watched this video 3-4 times. Days apart. I still get chills (in a good way) when watching it, and can't help but get excited by the reaction on not only Brian's face, but Bruce's as well.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)   Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:49 pm

such an ace video! looks like brian's having the time of his life. love it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
massie1903
A Contender
A Contender
massie1903

PostSubject: Re: Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)   Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 8:26 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
I've watched this video 3-4 times. Days apart. I still get chills (in a good way) when watching it, and can't help but get excited by the reaction on not only Brian's face, but Bruce's as well.

I feel exactly the same way. It's hard to describe, but you just feel the excitement as much as Brian and Bruce do.

It's kind of like a "passing of the torch" moment, where Bruce calls Brian onto the stage and when the camera goes to Brian when he's doing the verse on his own, and Bruce is out of the picture it's just like, "Yeah, that fits. And it's happening now."

Like I said, hard to explain.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)   Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 8:42 pm

Part of me thinks it's what it would be like if I was invited up on stage to sing a Gaslight song if the guys liked my band so much.
Back to top Go down
massie1903
A Contender
A Contender
massie1903

PostSubject: Re: Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)   Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 8:43 pm

Yeah, it's just such a great moment. And on such a great song aswell.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)   Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 9:58 pm

I am not a Springsteen fan really...but I love that video. I can only imagine being invited onstage to front my favorite band. It must be the greatest feeling there is.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)   Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 5:50 am

Brian gets to do one of my favourite Sprinsteen lines on his own, and he does it beautifully: "with a wide open country in my eyes and these romantic dreams in my head".
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
massie1903
A Contender
A Contender
massie1903

PostSubject: Re: Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)   Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:33 am

steady now steady now wrote:
Brian gets to do one of my favourite Sprinsteen lines on his own, and he does it beautifully: "with a wide open country in my eyes and these romantic dreams in my head".

Yes. Love that lyric.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)   Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:53 am

Man, I don't even know the song but it almost got me into tears a bit seeing Brian going at it with everything he's got.

What a feeling that must have been, holy shit, great stuff =)
Back to top Go down
oli1980
A Contender
A Contender
oli1980

PostSubject: Re: Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)   Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:50 am

youtube link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1rTI0oCe0E

and i was on the front row all day....

it was bloody awsome, and im on the dvd.....lol
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)   Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:45 pm

Ah, finally, I've never seen this until now
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)   Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 1:44 am

youtube gets this video down all the time due to copyright. here's another link:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xeqxkl_no-surrender_music
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)   Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian & Bruce "No Surrender" (DVD Version)
Page 1 of 1