DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much?

Go down 
+8
MKULTRA
steady now steady now
Palmer89
jzancan
lynchyeatspizza
Tim was here
e7c
QueenOfTheBronx
12 posters
AuthorMessage
QueenOfTheBronx
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
QueenOfTheBronx

Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much? Empty
PostSubject: Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much?   Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 10:23 pm

I first heard TGA in February of 2009, and I haven't been able to stop listening to them
since. The 59' Sound came on the radio and I was immediately hooked. I went home and bought all of their albums and listened non-stop. What is it about them that is so addicting? Is it the simplicity of the songs, while at the same time they tell such deep and meaningful stories? Is it that they sing about what a lot of people are thinking and feeling? Is it the passion and emotion that they put into every song? Or is it that you can tell if Brain Fallon is smiling, laughing, or crying with his words of rememberance? What do you think makes them irresistable?
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much?   Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 2:12 pm

hmm... good question. Is "because they are awesome" a good enough answer?
Back to top Go down
Tim was here
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Tim was here

PostSubject: Re: Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much?   Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 2:58 pm

e7c wrote:

That answer can be countered by asking "What makes them awesome?".
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much?   Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 3:12 pm

Tim was here wrote:
e7c wrote:

That answer can be countered by asking "What makes them awesome?".

They are awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much?   Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 3:32 pm

QueenOfTheBronx wrote:
What is it about them that is so addicting?

"Talking about music is like talking about sex. Can you describe it? Are you supposed to?" -- Bruce Springsteen

Last edited by jzancan on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
QueenOfTheBronx
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
QueenOfTheBronx

PostSubject: Re: Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much?   Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 4:46 pm

That Springsteen quote fits this 100%
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much?   Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:52 pm

What I love about their live shows most is probably the sincerity and to see how much Brian and the lads enjoy themselves on stage. It's refreshing to see him genuinly smiling and enjoying himself on stage as he's singing/playing.

Their music, I'm not even sure, Springsteen says it well, I can't describe what it is about the music, it's just a step above anything else I've heard in a long time, in almost all senses.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much?   Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:31 pm

I obsess about the songs, because I have made a very special emotional connection with their work.

I obsess about the band, because they are genuine and really likeable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much?   Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:41 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
I obsess about the songs, because I have made a very special emotional connection with their work.

I obsess about the band, because they are genuine and really likeable.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much?   Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:33 pm

They cool.
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much?   Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:35 pm

I think fans connect with them as 'everyday' people, they seem likable, approachable, they have the blue collar mentality, there just like everyone else. They don't have the rock star mentality, they aren't primadonnas. And with that, people want to see them succeed.

Musically, I think they sing about "real" stuff...i.e., the struggles and problems and highs and lows that everyone deals with, and add to that a steady helping of nostalgic, simpler times of yore, with great vocals....it's awesome to hear. (there's no bitches and hos, no degradation to women, no fake posturing)

I think I posted several months ago, categorizing their music as "inclusion rock", b/c people from every demographic can like them...An older generation digs them b/c it's nostalgic, it's rock from their hey day, there's not any swearing...Kids like them b/c it's so easy to sing along to, and it's unique... People in their late 30's / early 40's (cough, cough, ahem) like them b/c it's a refreshing departure from the mid to late 90's nu metal scene, and the early 2000's emo burst and the Warped tour where most bands sound very similar. They are not cookie cutter...

Sorry about the rambling...But it's a great question...what make them great?
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheBronx
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
QueenOfTheBronx

PostSubject: Re: Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much?   Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 2:05 pm

All of these answers are right. Even the simple ones like "they're cool." There are too many reasons that are amazing to read.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much?   Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 1:17 pm

because they call themselves a soul band
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much?   Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 1:47 pm

or a band with soul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much?   Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why do we love/"obsess" over The Gaslight Anthem so much?
Page 1 of 1