DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite TGA Lyrics

Go down 
+68
jonester
nebraska
brianrc51
virginiasheart
DianaAntonia
moconnell23
sickgirl
CapedAvenger
OldManShoes3
mrlisc2
snakester
TheContender
Mary Ann
Casey
AGoodTime
Mccmitchell
NYYFAN523
The Angry Johnny Revue
cialo7
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Arctander
33rpm
riversedge
Debonair
Harbortown
RobertODonnell
sharp little edge
Philo
IAmDisappeared
Casanova
CASANOVA, BILLY!
scarsrsouvenirs
JonnyisRFC
StopAndSlideToTheRight
NeverTrustAJunkie
funkymonk450
GraveRobbers
Admodieus
Just Keep Breathing
katiehughes22
Ghost
JimmyB
JJW319
Christophe
DeathoftheCool
amberfoyd
MKULTRA
here's lookin' at you,kid
cola-connoisseur
Stevearm
loazis
Midnight Rambler
bringiton
simo
QueenOfTheBronx
andy.mac
Little Eden
redinthemorning
sidekicksuicide
marm
the bar 1963
cside
ExitEnglish
SFBoston
Ryan
Jack
Reinvent good times
Turn the Casanova On
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

Favorite TGA Lyrics - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TGA Lyrics   Favorite TGA Lyrics - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:39 pm

I love every word on "blue dahlia" great lyrics there
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TGA Lyrics   Favorite TGA Lyrics - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 12:41 am

virginiasheart wrote:
"And I ran with dirty angels, slept out in the rain. We were scared and tired and barely seventeen. My first sin was the fear that made me old"

"And you say the night just got too cold, well everybody's cold. Who's gonna keep my baby warm when everybody goes?"

Every single line from Blue Jeans and White T Shirts is fucking amazing, especially the chorus and:
"So tonight I'll call you from a fourth street payphone, we can sleep on the beach if we ain't got a ride. Someday I'll buy you that house on Cookman, we can sleep on the beach all night"

"I was born in a town where the rivers flow free, on a January night when the cold winds freeze. I got an Irish name and an injury, blessing and a curse cast down on me"

"I lit a cigarette on a parking meter, the corner boys told her how I was dying to meet her"

"I learned about the blues from this kitten that I knew. Her hair was raven and her heart was like a tomb"

"American girls, they want the whole world. They want every last little light in New York City."

"But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes that will cut you to ribbons sometimes"

"If I could make you feel like he used to make you feel, I'll sing you a song and I'll dance you a dance right now, and we'll bury these old ghosts down"

"And Juliet, she was smoking by the window, saying stone cold, 'I believe in you Romeo' "

"Cherry bomb your love is surgery, removing what you don't regard. And every breath felt like a funeral, baby, while you were packing up your car"

"And I wonder which song they're going to play when we go. I hope it's something quiet, minor, peaceful, and slow"

"It's alright man. I'm only bleeding man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can"

Just to name a few..
great picks. you and i have very similar taste in lyrics. i love the heavy hearted, more imagery based lines that Brian writes where it's just so vivid it could be a scene or a line from a movie
Back to top Go down
jonester
A Contender
A Contender
jonester

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TGA Lyrics   Favorite TGA Lyrics - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 1:04 pm

I agree with you DoCool. I think these kind of lines inspire Brian and is evident in his use of other artist lines that did the same kind of "imagery" when I first heard them. If you know what I'm saying?
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TGA Lyrics   Favorite TGA Lyrics - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 8:32 pm

jonester wrote:
I agree with you DoCool. I think these kind of lines inspire Brian and is evident in his use of other artist lines that did the same kind of "imagery" when I first heard them. If you know what I'm saying?
I think i know what you mean. Like how he would quote Tom Waits and Afghan Whigs in the Cassettes in the Mailbox blog. Or Counting Crows in High Lonesome
Continuing that lineage of good ass lyrics
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TGA Lyrics   Favorite TGA Lyrics - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 8:51 am

"When we young we were diamond Sinatras, like something I saw in a dream,
We kept our secrets in rooms, locked up like the tombs, where the ballerinas lay"
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TGA Lyrics   Favorite TGA Lyrics - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 8:56 am

Steve70s wrote:
We kept our secrets in rooms, locked up like the tombs, where the ballerinas lay"
I've always loved this line, never understood what he really meant. Anyone have an idea of an explanation?
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TGA Lyrics   Favorite TGA Lyrics - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 9:26 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Steve70s wrote:
I've always loved this line, never understood what he really meant. Anyone have an idea of an explanation?
I'm guessing Diamond Sinatras are something amazing, something he only saw in his dreams, but now he realizes he was what he wanted to be. Could make since in context, saying he didn't know who he was, thus the whole orphans theme. I think he's also saying that he kept these things locked up inside?
Could be WAY wrong though...
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TGA Lyrics   Favorite TGA Lyrics - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:31 pm

Sink or Swim
Stay hungry, stay free and do the best you can
No Retreat No Regret
Did you hear your favorite song one last time?

there are so many of them, I like every lyrics of The Gaslight Anthem, Brian is such a brilliant songwriter
Back to top Go down
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TGA Lyrics   Favorite TGA Lyrics - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 1:23 pm

the navesink banks: Now I walk down by the shipyards, near the place where I was born sayin' "oh, Maria, if you'da known me when".

old haunts: god help this man who says my baby, if you'd have known me when.

I love the relation between old haunts and the navesink banks, both have great lyrics
Back to top Go down
LiveFastDieOld
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LiveFastDieOld

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TGA Lyrics   Favorite TGA Lyrics - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 10:32 pm

"So give me the fevers that just won't break, and give me the children you don't want to raise"

"I got your name tattooed inside of my arm"

"Ride on, ride on, Ferris wheel lights on. I've never felt so strange, standing in the Jersey rain"

"and I always sang them blues to you"

I could go on and on, but I'll spare you guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TGA Lyrics   Favorite TGA Lyrics - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite TGA Lyrics
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4