DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in

Grazer's Tape: Alps Calling

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Grazer's Tape: Alps Calling Empty
PostSubject: Grazer's Tape: Alps Calling   Grazer's Tape: Alps Calling Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:44 pm

So, seems like i am the very first person in here not belonging to an english-speaking country to put up with their mixtape. so please forgive me my short description of the songs i chose.

i know my date was yesterday. i was thinking about not posting it anyway.
but now i got to think, if there is even a single person downloading and listening to it, i am happy =)

i did not care about any genres or other criteria, i just took 6 songs i love so much, i would want as many other persons to know about them... and it was really hard for me, to choose only 6 songs, i often switched different songs from the same artist and so on...

here's the link:
mediafire.com file/y3jmmzjwkzj/Alps%20Calling.zip

Biffy Clyro - Toys, Toys, Toys, Choke, Toys, Toys, Toys
Currently totally my most favourite band. I got to see them live 3 times til now und every time it got even better than the last time. i took a song from their second record way back in 2003, when they still sounded more like alternative rock and less than mainstream. so if you ever get the chance to see them live, do not hesitate.

Explosions In Ths Sky - Your Hand In Mine
for those who never listened to post rock: this track lasts for more than 8 minutes and it may take a while for you to get into it. that's the way it was with me.
explosions in the sky are a very deep touching band and was one of my greatest musical discoveries of all times. this song may be their most popular song and after having listened to it, you may understand why. the athmosphere it creates is overwhelming, especially in the early morning and the late evening hours.
sometimes i get up long before i should, just to go outside and watch the sun rise while listening to this song.

Reinhard Fendrich - Weusd A Herz Host Wia A Bergwerk
there is a kind of musical genre that is the most popular here in austria, called austropop. and this song by reinhard fendrich is one of the most beautiful songs of that genre that have ever been written. it's sung in viennese german, so it may be hard to understand for those who even knot how to speak german.

Nneka - Heartbeat
a young nigerian - german artist. i did not get to her live yet, sadly =( this song was the one, that made her popular, at least here in austria and germany

Dredg - Of The Room
an other one of my most favourite bands. seen them live 3 times now, and their shows are really really intense and the singer's voive, well i can not even describe it.

Antimaniax - In Front Of Our Eyes
finally, i chose to take a band originating from my hometown, graz. they were founded back in 1998 and were recognized in several countries, even in the u.s. they are ally straight edge and one of their members is responsible for nearly half of alle punkt-concerts we get to enjoy here in graz.

so here is my motto: just listen to it, if you feel like it. you do not need to comment on every single song, but i'd appreciate it if you told me if you liked the mixtape as a hole. cheers, enjoy or not, up to you. greetings from the alps.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Grazer's Tape: Alps Calling   Grazer's Tape: Alps Calling Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:12 pm

Just realised you're that cool dude from last.fm Very Happy

Will give this a listen! Wink
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Grazer's Tape: Alps Calling   Grazer's Tape: Alps Calling Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:11 pm

Explosions mucho love for that band sooo good will get on this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grazer's Tape: Alps Calling   Grazer's Tape: Alps Calling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grazer's Tape: Alps Calling
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Mix Tapes-
Jump to: