DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yo

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaywalk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Jaywalk

Yo Empty
PostSubject: Yo   Yo Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:47 pm

I'm Josh. I'm 19 and I live in sunny Sydney, Australia. I study marketing full-time, work part-time and music essentially underpins the fabric of my existence!

I'm also a massive football (or soccer) fan. My beloved Sydney FC won the double this season against arch-rivals Melbourne and I couldn't be happier.

My favourite gaslight song would probably have to be 1930. Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts comes in at a close 2nd.

Other bands I enjoy include Against Me!, The Clash, The Ramones, Alkaline Trio, Future of the Left, The Bronx, The Living End etc. etc.

The End. Smile
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Yo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo   Yo Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:54 pm

wow Josh, I think you are me just ten years younger!

My favorite songs are 1930 and Blue Jeans
I love Against Me! (they got me into TGA and I am seeing them on the 17th), The Clash are amazing and I love The Living End (they stole the show when I saw them play with LTJ and Dropkick Murphy's)
Back to top Go down
Jaywalk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Jaywalk

Yo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo   Yo Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:13 pm

Cool! I was introduced to Against Me! by a friend when I was about 16. At that time I mainly listened to Green Day, The Ramones, AC/DC, Jet (also The Living End since they're a rather big deal here in Aus.), and that kind of more accessible stuff.

AM! opened up a whole new world for me, like a gateway drug, and for that I will be forever grateful.

I've also been hanging out to see TGA live for about 2 years now, it sucks. I was under-age when they played that show at the Annandale Hotel and couldn't get in, so they had better get over here quick smart. They're pretty much one of the only living bands I am yet to cross off my 'see live before I die' list.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Yo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo   Yo Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:23 pm

Welcome man!

Amazingly I've never actually listened to Against Me!. I found Gaslight in a more backwards route than some here...I found them through The Clash specifically "I'da Called You Woody." AM is on my list to check out though, although I'm not good at actually following that list.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

Yo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo   Yo Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:38 am

I'm pretty much an Irish version of you. Just need a part time/summer job Sad

You enjoy the marketing?
Back to top Go down
Jaywalk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Jaywalk

Yo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo   Yo Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:06 am

Yo Icon_eek I have versions of me all over the world!

I enjoy some parts of marketing, it's interesting to see how different aspects of it affect a consumer's behaviour. The commerce type parts of my degree are a bit of a snooze though.

I basically learn and work in order to fund my future endeavours, that's my philosophy. I want to enjoy what I do but I don't live for work. I'd like to live in the UK for a few years after I finish my degree and travel Europe (possibly the US too) while I'm there, with rather large plans involving drinking and general shenanigans.

I also like to laugh, so get ready for some bad jokes! haha
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Yo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo   Yo Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:04 am

your already cool in my book with a name like josh

welcome, i see you have a good taste in music
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content