DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem

Go down 
+47
RobertODonnell
borrowedcar
TommyPickles
Snap
Bigtittykitty
Casey
Perry
kieran
MKULTRA
ShieldYourEyes
stupendoussven
Jay
vaccama
Down by the Mersey
goldlion_
loazis
Luca Chinaski
WWD4D?
massie1903
rivercities
andy.mac
Novella
talley
Asleepontheforestfloor
simo
IKeeptheDiner
JoshRaymond
number the fat cats know
Holland
Reinvent good times
Daire
Vibes
brianisbae
steph
ilockyer
DaveSavedTheDay
xstevenbx
tdawg
Jukebox Romeo
colmillionaire
Johnny99
drifter69
rikerd21
micwatson
Clementine
Palmer89
e7c
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:40 pm

P.S. Can i play a song with you at Manchester?
Back to top Go down
number the fat cats know
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:49 pm

-What was your favorite song in terms of how it affected people? (Like how they translated your songs to moments in their life.)

-I know this has probably been asked to thousands of bands before, and has probably been asked to you guys. But how does the process of piecing together a song work for you? Do you lay down the melody first and then write lyrics to fit it or vice versa?

For all of the band members:
-Who played at the first concert you saw?
-What concert that you've played has been your favorite?

I'll be thinking of more.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:50 pm

Is there anything you regret or wish you had done differently with the 3 Gaslight albums and EP?

Do you wish you hadn't included the reverb on the vocals for "The '59 Sound" album?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:58 pm

what happened to Mike Volpe?
Back to top Go down
number the fat cats know
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:07 pm

Also, what's your favorite thing that's ever happened on tour? Be it sad, funny, strange, or just plain cool.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:09 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
what happened to Mike Volpe?

He went to college, afaik,

Which is why I'd like to rephrase my question slightly.

You all have been asked plenty of times about how TGA got together and everytime the answer seems to vary slightly. Could you give us the definitive answer on how This Charming Man became TGA.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:42 pm

For the band,

If someone was taking a vacation to New Brunswick, What spots should they visit?

thats all for now im sure i will think of more
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:56 pm

What song will we never hear again, and for what reasons?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:25 pm

What do you think of Sandinista!?

(I asked this one on that site where you could submit questions, but I'll ask it here as well):

What was the first song you learned to play?
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:47 pm

Thats soooo rad!!!

Can you please ask him this one?!?!?!

Can he make some "Workin Buds" tshirts?

It's a reference to a story he told at a solo show at the Black Cat in DC. If you guys haven't listen to it, you need to cause it has some of his best stories on it!
Back to top Go down
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:20 pm

Whats your dream tour lineup, can be headlining or otherwise
Back to top Go down
Novella
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Novella

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:53 pm

Not sure if this has been asked in an old interview, but why the change of heart for Fender. Have you tried out any new or old amps or guitars that you were impressed by.

I really want to buy a Hi-Ball Overdrive pedal from Frantone but they are close to $400 , can i get a discount if I say Brian Fallon sent me?

What are all members or whoever is interviews current live setup and were there any new tricks or things they did in the studio for AS that they never did before.

Do you plan on a live dvd at all in the future ?
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:54 pm

Whats your favorite diner in jersey?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:00 am

Why is The Gaslight Anthem bad ass?

What shampoo does Benny use?
Back to top Go down
rivercities
A Contender
A Contender
rivercities

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:19 am

If you had to play in a cover band what band would you want to cover?
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 4:02 am

You guys have gotten to play with several of your musical idols already in your short career. Who has been the most fulfilling to play with? How does it feel to be adding Chamberlain to that list? And who else would you like to play with?
Back to top Go down
massie1903
A Contender
A Contender
massie1903

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 5:55 am

Which album do you think is your strongest, and why?

Do you believe in magic?

Who are your top 5 bands of all time?

(All the questions are to all of the band)
Back to top Go down
WWD4D?
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WWD4D?

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:01 am

My music tastes have broadened significantly since I started listening to the Gaslight Anthem so I was pleased to see them likening American Slang to London Calling in that it will do for soul what London Calling did for reggae. Since your music has directed me to great artists like Wilson Pickett, Tom Waits and Bob Seger, can you guys could recommend three artists or albums that I should look into next?

I know it's already been asked but I'd really like to know why Brian stopped using his Tele and moved onto Les Pauls?

Alex, how come you wear an FC St Pauli cap? Have any of you ever considered follwoing Hull City? DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_tongue
Back to top Go down
Luca Chinaski
A Contender
A Contender
Luca Chinaski

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:28 am

As supporting Pearl Jam in London, what is your favorite song and album of the band led by Ed Vedder?

See you in London and Italy!

Cheers,

Luca
Reggio Emilia, Italy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pearljamonline.it/
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:58 am

Would be nice to know what guitars and gear the boys have used over the years. I assume they weren't always in the position to buy real Gibsons, Fenders and multiple hundred dollar effect pedals for example. Give us some tips!
Back to top Go down
goldlion_
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
goldlion_

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:07 am

i'd really love to ask brian if he remembered me from leeds fest as the drunken girl with the anchor tattoo who wouldn't shut up. but if he said no i'd be just heartbroken. maybe i think i'll just keep telling myself that he does...
Back to top Go down
http://gonnatellmewherethelightis.blogspot.com/
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:52 am

You get to choose your own festival line up. Which bands would you choose and why? Bands can be current, defunct - whatever it's your festival!

Put your iPod/iPhone on shuffle - what are the first 5 songs that it plays?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
vaccama
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
vaccama

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:36 pm

How'd they come up with the name The Gaslight Anthem?
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:08 pm

First, the fun question:

If you saw the girl of your dreams across the room at a party and you were to ask her to dance, what song would you want to dance with her to?

And the generic one:

There are a few literary references in your songs titles and lyrics (Even Cowgirls Get the Blues, Great Expectations, "All hope abandon, ye who enter here" from Dante's Inferno). What are your favorite books and authors, fiction and non-fiction?
Back to top Go down
stupendoussven
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
stupendoussven

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:52 pm

Will you ever play This Charming Man songs during a TGA set?
How many bands did each of you guys play in before forming TGA?
Back to top Go down
http://sirsvenjensen.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem   DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DimeStoreSaints to interview The Gaslight Anthem
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next