DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian's Blog!

Go down 
+39
I Came To Dance
Prisoner
joshyboytyler
dl22
plugga
NeverTrustAJunkie
Jay
JJW319
Shrewsbury_Stars
J.B.R.
chickenman
Bea
Kosburn59
CluckyB
fullcollapse
simo
enola
MKULTRA
Topher
azlisa
Little Eden
IKeeptheDiner
thecosmickid
Vibes
micwatson
Novella
loazis
steady now steady now
jennylenore
ShieldYourEyes
drifter69
goldlion_
andy.mac
Jeff
Clementine
JoshRaymond
vamike
ThisMachineKillsFascists
tdawg
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 1:47 am

azlisa wrote:
BRB DYING

I think we're kindred spirits, Lisa,

Or, were, because we're both absolute goners after reading that.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:54 am

Well, That's an amazing, inspirational and really funny post. It made me smile widely today at 5 am on the airport ;o) can't wait to hear any of this stuff! Looks like 2011 will be another exciting year!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:25 am

fullcollapse wrote:
azlisa wrote:
BRB DYING

I can just image the next band meeting

"Well Brian, your Horrible Crowes announcement just caused our entire fanbase to die from excitement. Nice going..."
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:32 am

CluckyB wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:
azlisa wrote:
BRB DYING

I can just image the next band meeting

"Well Brian, your Horrible Crowes announcement just caused our entire fanbase to die from excitement. Nice going..."

And you know he's just sitting there watching everyone explode. The twitter account was just updated.

I see what you're doing, Brian. I know you're out there. Lurking. Probably trying to kill us all with excitement so you can slack off on this record and not have anyone complain Razz

man, it's like every time I have a truly horrible night, the next night a band I love does something awesome, or even just updates a blog. I'm not worthy.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:29 am

azlisa wrote:
BRB DYING

lol, BASICALLY YES.
I REALLY need money now!!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:19 am

fullcollapse wrote:

And you know he's just sitting there watching everyone explode. The twitter account was just updated.
I see what you're doing, Brian. I know you're out there. Lurking.

*lol*
Bet he is Smile (Hi, Brian Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74

PostSubject: temp   Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 5:38 am

New post talks Gear

http://cassettesinthemailbox.blogspot.com/2011/08/gear-talk.html
Back to top Go down
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Does he not play a Gibson at all now?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 3:32 pm

joshyboytyler wrote:
Does he not play a Gibson at all now?

I always wondered if there was a sponsorship element involved, certainly when reading this 'there's nothing better than a Gibson' interview from April 2010: www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/gaslight-anthem-0420/
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 6:49 pm

I remember Brian said something recently about playing Telecasters again.
He does not want to be pinned down to one specific guitar, similar to Keith Richards with all different guitars. Come to think of it, Brian mentions in the blogpost that he plays a Tele with a humbucker just like Keith.
Back to top Go down
I Came To Dance
A Contender
A Contender
I Came To Dance

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 6:01 am

He's changed amps too, atleast during the last two years (I don't know what he used before he got his VOX). At "first" he had a VOX AC30H2, then a Dr. Z Remedy and now he uses the amps listed on his blog.

---

"If you ask our tech, I was the guy who bought a new amp every six months and sold off the previous one because I was never happy. Now, the only thing I want is another AC30H2 to sit right next to the one I have. I really haven’t even thought about anything else since I got it."

"...I’m pleased to say that VOX has ended my long nights of reading tube amp schematics and wielding soldering irons, because they’ve built my perfect amp."

(From here: http://www.voxamps.com/artists/brian-fallon-interview/)

And then about a year later he said this about the Remedy:

"You just get the perfect amp. I’ve got four of them and they all sound the same. It’s essentially all the things you like about old Marshalls and Fenders, but without all the high-end and with no squishy bottom end."

(From here: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/live-rigs-revealed-the-gaslight-anthems-brian-fallon-433105/3)

---

It seems like the search isn't over after all. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:34 am

new update

http://cassettesinthemailbox.blogspot.com/2011/09/revival-of-fittest.html

Revival of the Fittest...
I'm about to leave for the Sept/Oct Revival tour on Thursday night. I always get the jitters before we leave for a tour after a long time off. It used to not bother me when we toured ever waking second of the year, because it was normal. Now, I have a home and a dog and I see my friends and it's weird to have to pack up and leave all the time. I know now why most people can't make it in a band, it's not for lack of talent, it's because not a lot of people can tough out the touring that it takes to survive and keep your band in the public eye. It takes a desire beyond the norm to do this kind of thing all the time. You have to have an unending desire to share art. That's what this is about. It's easier when you have nothing, but it's also harder to have nothing.

Tomorrow I get to go see PJ20 in the theatre, one night only. So awesome. Lord willing, I'll be writing songs on the Revival Tour and we should start getting together and rehearsing and making demos when I get back. I'm fixated on the Pearl Jam songs "Go, Animal, and The Fixer."
I certainly hope I can rope some of that vibe into our new songs. I'd like to have a record that had that kind of ferocity. I'm also currently obsessed with the Foo Fighters songs "One by One, the Pretender, and Times Like These." That would be six songs to a fantastic half of a record.

I know one thing, we're looking into how to carry on our sound, how to stay exciting, how to improve, how not to loose the intensity because we're older. I feel like we have more to prove now than when we first put out Sink or Swim. We've been given a gift, now we have to deserve it.

Stay Hungry, Stay Inspired. Here comes the future.
- Be good.
Brian
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:43 am

Stoked for the tour and the 2012 album Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 3:13 am

I have a love hate relationship with Brian

I love him because he's a fantastic musician and inspires me with everything he does

I hate him because he always knows how to keep a person so fucking excited and antsy for his new stuff,
So if you wil excuse me I'm going to go freeze myself, be sure to defrost me when the new music comes out
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:44 am

Dire Straits, blues, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, more aggresive.

I'm not going to listen what Brian says about the next TGA record, probably will be different next month.
Back to top Go down
I am Incinerator
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:58 pm

Sounds exciting for sure, but I already have Foo Fighter and Pearl Jam records. I want Gaslight Anthem records!
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:26 am

The Horrible Crowes blog has been removed from the site Sad guess I'll delete that bookmark...not that there's anything new to update, but still!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Afzoomie67
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Afzoomie67

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Wait, I clicked the link in the first post, and there's no blog!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 5:13 pm

Afzoomie67 wrote:
Wait, I clicked the link in the first post, and there's no blog!

Cassettesinthemailbox was taken down awhile back. Disappointing too cause it was always fun to read. Wish Brian would bring it back.

https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t4110-cassesttes-in-the-mailbox-removed?highlight=Cassettes+in+the+mailbox
Back to top Go down
Afzoomie67
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Afzoomie67

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 9:26 am

I should've looked at the dates. Sorry. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian's Blog!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4