DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian's Blog!

Go down 
+39
I Came To Dance
Prisoner
joshyboytyler
dl22
plugga
NeverTrustAJunkie
Jay
JJW319
Shrewsbury_Stars
J.B.R.
chickenman
Bea
Kosburn59
CluckyB
fullcollapse
simo
enola
MKULTRA
Topher
azlisa
Little Eden
IKeeptheDiner
thecosmickid
Vibes
micwatson
Novella
loazis
steady now steady now
jennylenore
ShieldYourEyes
drifter69
goldlion_
andy.mac
Jeff
Clementine
JoshRaymond
vamike
ThisMachineKillsFascists
tdawg
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:03 pm

he answered one of my questions!! he's the best!!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Topher
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Topher

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:15 pm

Nice find! Brian's the only reason I even have a twitter, so now an actual blog will be a pleasant change.
Back to top Go down
http://youkeepthediner.tumblr.com
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:25 pm

nice to see a new post. good questions; anyone else get a question answered?

brian needs to break out a pimp hat at a show sometime.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:30 pm

i sent him a question.....it's nothing serious. probably wont get answered. haha.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 7:01 pm

PART 2 IS UP!!! and he answered one of my questions again!! http://cassettesinthemailbox.blogspot.com/

Love him so much!!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 4:21 am

new update is up...talks about JBTV, setlist for the upcoming shows and what songs are retired at the moment also gives us update on the "night time music" he mentioned earlier.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Twitter   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:35 am

I think this blog ist so great. It makes me feel so much more connected than to any other band. Still since I don't use Twitter yet I have a question to all you Twitter users out there. Brian talks all the time about checking his @briangaslight twitter for questions and setlist requests etc. How does this actually work? Do I just post a tweet at his Twitter page?

Appreciate your help - since I'm actually thinking of getting a twitter account just to get in touch ;o))
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:40 am

Yep, just tweet "@briangaslight then put your message here"
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:00 pm

simo wrote:
Yep, just tweet "@briangaslight then put your message here"

thanks ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:10 am

new entry up

Here's the link: http://cassettesinthemailbox.blogspot.com/2010/12/band-is-blowing-dixie-double-four-time.html
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:50 am

Not sure if he's known for deleting comments but I put quite a bit of thought into one that just disappeared. lol Neutral I am looking forward to this sale, I suppose. Should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:53 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
new entry up

Here's the link: http://cassettesinthemailbox.blogspot.com/2010/12/band-is-blowing-dixie-double-four-time.html

I clearly need to check out Dire Straits because I completely agree with everything else he said there.
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:42 am

"pimp hat or trucker hat?"

Brian's answer: "Seriously? Is there any other choice other than the pimp hat?"

lololololololol

XD
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:55 am

CluckyB wrote:
I clearly need to check out Dire Straits because I completely agree with everything else he said there.
i'm not a big Dire Straits fan at all... but giving another listen wouldn't hurt =P
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 1:02 pm

Bea wrote:
CluckyB wrote:
i'm not a big Dire Straits fan at all... but giving another listen wouldn't hurt =P

What's not to like about Dire Straits, except for that cheesy twisting by the pool that is.
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:07 pm

Bea wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

Really? not even sultans of swing can get you going? some of the best guitar playing ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pa9x9fZBtY
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:38 pm

J.B.R. wrote:
Bea wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

Really? not even sultans of swing can get you going? some of the best guitar playing ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pa9x9fZBtY
i had never heard that song xD i don't really know them, i might've heard two or three songs so I’m not judging at all-. i'm gonna give them a 'serious' listen one of these days, because i've liked most of the things Brian has recommended. that song is good, although i don't know if i'm gonna be able to get through a whole record... then again, i didn't like Gaslight the first time i heard them Razz i'll let you know
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:50 pm

Dire Straits? Check out the 'Telegraph Road', all 14 minutes of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd3btVhwr48&feature=related

But the one that always gets me, maybe because of when I first heard it, is 'Brothers in Arms':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu4oy1IRTh8&feature=related

These mist covered mountains
Are a home now for me
But my home is the lowlands
And always will be
Some day you'll return to
Your valleys and your farms
And you'll no longer burn
To be brothers in arms

Through these fields of destruction
Baptisms of fire
I've witnessed your suffering
As the battles raged higher
And though they hurt me so bad
In the fear and alarm
You did not desert me
My brothers in arms

There's so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Now the sun's gone to hell
And the moon's riding high
Let me bid you farewell
Every man has to die
But it's written in the starlight
And every line on your palm
We're fools to make war
On our brothers in arms

Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:04 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
Not sure if he's known for deleting comments but I put quite a bit of thought into one that just disappeared. lol :

unfortunately, yes....he has deleted things before. I had a bit of a back and forth with him (on the cassettes website) based on a use of a word, in his blog, a few entries back....he ended up deleting the entire thing...I felt horrible...I really was just trying to look out for him - he would eventually get stomped on by interviewers at some point for using it ...thought I was being helpful - clearly I did the opposite Embarassed

Last edited by Clementine on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:20 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
Not sure if he's known for deleting comments but I put quite a bit of thought into one that just disappeared. lol

your not the only one. i saw few of these "This post has been removed by the author"
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:24 pm

Clementine wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:
Not sure if he's known for deleting comments but I put quite a bit of thought into one that just disappeared. lol :

unfortunately, yes....he has deleted things before. I had a bit of a back and forth with him (on the cassettes website) based on a use of a word, in his blog, a few entries back....he ended up deleting the entire thing...I felt horrible...I really was just trying to look out for him - he would eventually get stomped on by interviewers at some point for using it ...thought I was being helpful - clearly I did the opposite Embarassed

That's pretty interesting. What word usage did you correct?
Back to top Go down
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:39 pm

It seems silly now...but he said something in regards to being "beaten retarded." Knowing the industry....I know some interviewer would have picked apart the use of the word as offensive and asked him to explain (and it had the possibility of becoming a bigger deal then it really was, etc, etc). Although I know he just using Jersey vernacular, I told him to be careful using the word "retard"...we went back and forth a bit about the semantics of the word...then someone chimed in about how teir friend had been "beaten retarded" and how heartbreaking it is....Brian apologized, said we're all still learning (I apologized in between) and he took the entire post down. I felt like an obnoxious tool......
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:57 pm

It's his blog and he can do with it what he sees fit, but I do see where you're coming from in pointing out that word usage, for sure. That's a very sensitive word that he could have been attacked for down the road. But for him to go and delete an entire post like that, just seems... well. I'm not getting into that. It just seems a bit extreme. But, his blog, so.

I didn't think there was anything off about my comment but I'll just stick to little one-liners without any meaning. Give him a comment but put nothing valuable in it. The whole thing has really ruined my day probably more than I should let it, but I guess I'm not in the best of places right now anyway so I should have seen the possibility of that happening and known to avoid the potential upset. 20/20 hindsight, etc. I need another nap.
Back to top Go down
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 10:06 pm

"The whole thing has really ruined my day probably more than I should let it, but I guess I'm not in the best of places right now anyway so I should have seen the possibility of that happening and known to avoid the potential upset. 20/20 hindsight, etc. I need another nap."

.....Hope your days get better Wink
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 10:12 pm

ha, aw, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Blog!   Brian's Blog! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian's Blog!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next