DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jersey Beat Garbage

Go down 
+12
steph
SouthJerseyTGA
simo
Jukebox Romeo
Bigtittykitty
e7c
thecosmickid
andy.mac
tdawg
Angry Johnny
Stevearm
clashcityrocker
16 posters
AuthorMessage
clashcityrocker
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
clashcityrocker

Jersey Beat Garbage Empty
PostSubject: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 11:37 pm

http://www.jerseybeat.com/gaslight.html

Sooooo, I was pretty pissed when I read this. I don't understand how this person is allowed to write about music. Here are the reasons that this article is a piece of trash.

1.TGA are not rich rock stars.
2. The reviewer didn't even buy the album, he ripped it from someone elses CD.
3."Great Expectations" isn't directly about the book.
4.Bruce Springsteen isn't some impersonal storyteller living through made up characters, He uses characters to get a real life point across. His music does have real emotions in it.
5.T59S DID sound like Springsteen. He says that he wondered if the band had ever listened to him but I wonder if HE has.
6.SOS wasn't a "Mish-Mash of influences". If anything T59S had ten times more references to older stuff the their first album.
7. I don't think Brian was trying to be "Clever" on "I Coulda Been a Contender".
8.Tom Petty isn't a burnout.
9. The fact that you have to eventually grow up and stop living off of just dreams is a sentiment that The Boss did ,in fact, touch on. "Darkness On the Edge of Town" was all about that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this writer did not do his homework before his wrote the article. I feel bad for anyone who has read what he wrote and dismissed TGA before actually listening to them.

P.S Who the heck are The Candysmatchers?
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 12:23 am

I read the first 3 paragraphs and I laughed at his hypocrisy, he was talking about how he grew up from his teenage-taste of music where he goes from not liking anything popular to having a more open mind to music, but here it clearly shows he still has that immature mindset towards music, the fact that the whole "they're rockstars.." makes it very evident. This guy is a tool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
Angry Johnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Angry Johnny

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 12:45 am

And he wants to talk about a broken record? did he even proofread his own article? blah,blah,blah and holy lipservice. for someone who doesnt care much for the band he sure took some time to write his whole boring opinion. reading that was the biggest waste of a few minutes for sure. what a blowhard.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:11 am

I actually think it's a pretty good read. He's snarky and opinionated, very much set in his ways, but he readily acknowledges that right up front. He might have a different impression of some musicians and music than you do, but it doesn't make his opinion any less valid. He reads the music from a different angle because he's coming from a different place than we are.

Has he done his homework? Not really (in a sense), but I think that allows a reviewer to approach the music with a certain personal detachment that is difficult to have if you've been reading up on interviews and their personal history. He's writing from the angle of a person who loved other stuff, heard about the album, gave it a listen, and enjoyed it for different reasons. And in the end he walks away with a much more cynical reading of the lyrics in T59S, but isn't that what music's all about? Good songs mean different things to different people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:19 am

who actually uses the word populace?

it pains him to admit that 'great expectations' was good? well, guess what, it pained me to read that shit.
Back to top Go down
Angry Johnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Angry Johnny

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:28 am

dont get me wrong, it was well written and well opinionated. just irratating. for me anyway.
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 2:13 pm

I thought he had some good points and some stupid points, interesting read anyhow.

He really knows nothing about Brucie though...
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 2:34 pm

tdawg wrote:
I actually think it's a pretty good read. He's snarky and opinionated, very much set in his ways, but he readily acknowledges that right up front. He might have a different impression of some musicians and music than you do, but it doesn't make his opinion any less valid. He reads the music from a different angle because he's coming from a different place than we are.

That is a really good point, while I think that everyone should think TGA is the best band in the world, I have to face the facts that Madonna and Britney were the two top grossing artists of 2000-2009... ouch.

and for the record, the best current bands in the world are:
1. The Gaslight Anthem
2. Rancid
3. Against Me!
4. Cobra Skulls
5. Everybody else.
Back to top Go down
Bigtittykitty
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 3:14 pm

If i ever found this faggot i would

A. rape him

B. scroch his body with a wielding tool

C. Cut his stomach open and make him run across my front yard

excuse my graphic language, but nobody talks about my brian like that.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 3:16 pm

seems a bit harsh...
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 3:24 pm

I thought it was entertaining, even if it was inaccurate.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 8:53 pm

Bigtittykitty wrote:

A. rape him

Ho-ly crap. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
Angry Johnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Angry Johnny

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:02 pm

Bigtittykitty, you would rape him? im guessing by your name you're a female? or a male with some taco titts? either way, you got some plums kid. good for you!
Back to top Go down
SouthJerseyTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SouthJerseyTGA

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:56 pm

I see a lot of comments on here from people out of state... For those from NJ, we've come to realize anything written in this state about any band from this state is 9 times out of 10 negative. Just the way it is.

So, to me atleast, this is another ho-hum-yawner.

TGA are a great band, we all know that. They're getting better with each album. The fan base is growing, not shrinking. People love to knock down someone on the way up. Let's not forget that.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:30 pm

Bigtittykitty wrote:

A. rape him

my first instinct is to be afraid of you, but then again, who's afraid of a big bad internet shittalking wolf? not i.
before you get pissed, im a very sarcastic creature, for the record, i was quite amused by your comment, so please dont threaten to "scroch my body" ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:02 pm

Bigtittykitty wrote:

A. rape him

scary
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:05 pm

Bigtittykitty wrote:

A. rape him

Sorry to divert more attention to this post, but the "...and make him run across my front yard" part really bumps the horror of cutting the stomach open up a notch. Bravo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:07 pm

I am sure Brian would appreciate that you have his back
Back to top Go down
Jeff
A Contender
A Contender
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Eh. He pretty much comes to the conclusion that the album is brilliant by the end of the article, even if it's for different reasoning than the rest of us. At least that's what I got out of his philosophical discussions that dominated the last few paragraphs.
Back to top Go down
cockypessimist
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
cockypessimist

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:39 pm

Angry Johnny wrote:
Bigtittykitty, you would rape him? im guessing by your name you're a female? or a male with some taco titts? either way, you got some plums kid. good for you!

it's only 9:37 am here but this is the funniest thing I will read all day. Well played Angry Johnny sir!
Back to top Go down
SheaPaddyPower
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 2:13 pm

Oh wow. This guy clearly hasn't a fucking clue about Springsteen, that's for sure, and he's clearly never heard Racing In The Street etc.

He might have actually have some good points, if he wasn't so busy trying to insult everybody else. Maybe he's just bitter now he's nearly 30 and he STILL hasn't managed to fumble to 3rd base while listening to Dave Matthews Band...(I'm aware the last comment makes me a hypocrite. Meh.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Beat Garbage   Jersey Beat Garbage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jersey Beat Garbage
Page 1 of 1