DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avett Brothers

Go down 
+13
kieran
JJW319
clashcityrocker
Bea
Rock bus
randomhero78
simo
stephendgaf
tdawg
JoshRaymond
colmillionaire
Vibes
andy.mac
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:46 pm

I'm really digging these guys at the moment along with Mumford & Sons.

Anyone else like 'em?

Slight figure of speech is a great tune. It's on their myspace.

I'd recommend to check them out if you haven't heard them before. It's kinda folk/rock.

http://www.myspace.com/theavettbrothers
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:11 am

I like 'em a lot. I saw them this past New Year's Eve, solid show. Weird hardcore fans though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:47 am

great great great live band. i've never listened to a single studio album though
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:49 am

Any recommendations on similar sounding bands?
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:39 pm

ive heard these guys are good just never got around to listening guess ill have to
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 11:21 pm

Show sold out here, but I'm definitely catching them the next time they come around. They played a great set on the ACL tv show, which you can watch here: http://video.pbs.org/video/1392403650/

I and Love and You was one of my favorites of 2009. That album just doesn't seem to get old no matter how many times I listen to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 12:29 am

overrated.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 12:32 am

I know all we need here is another Springsteen reference, but their Glory Days cover is awesome. I don't even like the original version of this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmWIxnVBU7w
Back to top Go down
randomhero78
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
randomhero78

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 10:36 pm

friggin love this band.
and i agree, they're cover of glory days was awesome as hell.

I really liked 'i and love and you", but i think they're albums 'four thieves gone: the robinsville sessions" and 'emotionalism' are even better. i like everything this band does!

slight figure of speech is my favorite off of 'i and love and you', wicked tune.
Back to top Go down
Rock bus
A Contender
A Contender

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 6:33 pm

Hadnt heard anything by these guys but saw them at Glastonbury and they were awesome live
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:48 pm

i've been listening to those guys for a while now. i'm trying to find their first albums but i'm having no luck (nor on CD or mp3). does anyone of you have them?
EDIT: nevermind, i think i've found them xD
Back to top Go down
randomhero78
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
randomhero78

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:06 pm

Bea wrote:
i've been listening to those guys for a while now. i'm trying to find their first albums but i'm having no luck (nor on CD or mp3). does anyone of you have them?

I had a hell of a time finding their first two, 'the avett brothers' and 'country was'. Took me almost a year before i found 'em. But now I have all their stuff except for their 2003 'Untitled Ep". And apparently their coming out with a third live album sometime in 2010. Should be awesome!

"Country Was" is friggin fantastic. I haven't been able to stop listening to it this summer.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 1:37 pm

randomhero78 wrote:
Bea wrote:

I had a hell of a time finding their first two, 'the avett brothers' and 'country was'. Took me almost a year before i found 'em. But now I have all their stuff except for their 2003 'Untitled Ep". And apparently their coming out with a third live album sometime in 2010. Should be awesome!

"Country Was" is friggin fantastic. I haven't been able to stop listening to it this summer.
i got their first 3 albums ("avett bros", "Country Was" and "A Carolina Jubilee") this morning and i haven't had a chance to listen to them yet, but i'm anxious!
and what's up with that "Untitled EP"?? nobody that i know of has listened to it or at least seen it... was it ever released? 'cause i'm starting to think that it was a few songs that they recorded and for whatever reason decided to not release them, so they are not avalaible for the public. and if i'm wrong, then that is a ghost EP, jeez nobody knows where to find it xD
Back to top Go down
randomhero78
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
randomhero78

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Bea wrote:
randomhero78 wrote:
Bea wrote:

i got their first 3 albums ("avett bros", "Country Was" and "A Carolina Jubilee") this morning and i haven't had a chance to listen to them yet, but i'm anxious!
and what's up with that "Untitled EP"?? nobody that i know of has listened to it or at least seen it... was it ever released? 'cause i'm starting to think that it was a few songs that they recorded and for whatever reason decided to not release them, so they are not avalaible for the public. and if i'm wrong, then that is a ghost EP, jeez nobody knows where to find it xD

Haha, yeah, i know, i can't find anyone who knows anything about it. The only way I know about it is that it's on their wikipedia page on the discography section- But it doesn't have a link to any info on it.

It is possible it never got released- i read somewhere that these boys have just hundreds of songs, most of which they've never played live, or never played outside of the first time they played them as a band. So maybe it's just one of those cases that they recorded it, then didn't do anything else with the songs? Who knows Avett Brothers Icon_scratch lol.
Back to top Go down
Rock bus
A Contender
A Contender

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:57 pm

Just working my way through their albums
Got "I and love" and "Emotionalism"

What order does anyone recommend for the rest!!
Back to top Go down
clashcityrocker
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
clashcityrocker

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:40 am

Can't really listen to these guys after this breakup I just went through. They were me and my girl's band. They're amazing though. I got my folks into them.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 7:56 pm

Picked up their latest release over the holidays. I know I'm pretty late to the party, but what an amazing band.

Songs like "head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise" are ones that will stay in my favorites for decades I swear...

Other greats from "I+L+Y" are the title track, tin man, Kick Drum Heart, and the perfect space, and Ill with want.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 8:09 pm

I have never heard these guys but have seen that they are touring with the Low Anthem who are quite frankly fucking stunning and make such beautiful music. So on that basis I guess I should check these guys out.
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:43 pm

Saw them for the first time at the State Theatre in Kalamazoo, MI last night. Holy christ, what a show. One of the best I've ever seen for sure. If you get a chance to catch them in concert, you should take the opportunity. I cannot emphasize that strongly enough.
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Bumped because they have a new album coming out. Live and Die can be heard on NPR.org beginning this Tuesday, June 26. (Although it does bear mentioning that it's not clear whether this is the new album or merely a new single)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5qhnbhzp49mftc/LAD%20Teaser%20v5.mov
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 9:15 pm

springsteen knock offs.
Back to top Go down
Definitely_Josef
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Definitely_Josef

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: The Avett Brothers - The Carpenter : Winter's Soundtrack.   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 5:54 am

Hey Folks.

Have you already had a chance to listen to "The Carpenter" by The Avett Brothers? A friend of mine gave it to me just before I went on a flight back to Germany and I took the chance to soak in the record during those wonderful hours when they dim the light on the plane and everybody is trying to get some sleep.

Their music derives a lot of poetic and musical strength from a gorgeous combination of blue grass elements such as instrumentation, harmonic progression or even the music’s lyrical ‘content’ with those typical folk and rock patterns that we all, apparently, cherish.

As many of the album’s tracks have a melancholic spin to them it seems a set of songs very much prone to give a gorgeous, slow and thoughtful winter day the right sound.

Give it a try!
Josef

cf. Rolling Stone Review

Last edited by Definitely_Josef on Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 5:57 am

i found Live and Die to be a really annoying song, but i'll eventually get around to giving the album a try.
Back to top Go down
Definitely_Josef
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Definitely_Josef

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:20 am

WingsForWheels wrote:
i found Live and Die to be a really annoying song, but i'll eventually get around to giving the album a try.

Maybe "Live and Die" is not the strongest song on the record ... there are better ones.
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 4:59 pm

I think "Live and Die" works fine as one of Seth's "poppy" songs, similar to "Will You Return." I think it's a reasonable choice as a single, but it's not one of my favorites from the album. At least half of the songs on the album are better, but choosing a single isn't always about selecting the best song off the album. Actually, I like two of the bonus tracks ("Die Then Grow"; "The Clearness Is Gone") as much as anything that made the official tracklist.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before in my limited postings on this board, but they are a can't-miss live band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avett Brothers   Avett Brothers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avett Brothers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next