DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Noise

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

New Noise Empty
PostSubject: 11-4 Kieran's EP - New Noise   New Noise Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:30 am

I know this is a day early but I dunno if I will get chance tomorrow. Sorry.

I haven't got a really specific theme accept there are 5 rockier alternative tracks to bring you up and then a nice little chilled song to come down to. Hopefully some of these bands are new to you but either way enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?y2gjinriyzo

1. The Tupolev Ghost - Diagrams Unfortunately recently defunct this band produced some truely hard hitting post-hardcore I was lucky enough to catch them live days before they called it quits and they really where a truely great upcoming British band.

2. Broken Social Scene - 7/4 (Shoreline) This bands runs more as a collective of musicians with two core members with different artists collaborating on each song. This is something I feel allows them to create some truly creative music and will never fall into the pitfall of producing two albums the same. I love the build up to this song the first two minutes are quite chilled then its let loose and its awesome!

3. Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Come Saturday These guys are starting to make a name for themselves. There have been comparisons to pre creation era My Bloody Valentine with there loud distortion driven sound. Sure they are not breaking new ground but its a simple, twee and distorted and noisy! Love it.

4. No Age - Sleeper Hold Again these guys are starting to make waves after playing both ATP New York and ATP Nightmare Before Christmas and not only playing there own set but playing Husker Du songs with the legendary Bob Mould. Its noisy its gritty and over the top but it works I know a lot of people here will dislike this but give it a try there is a lot of power behind this track.

5. Built to Spill - Goin' Against Your Mind This song almosts runs a free jam its I love the repetitive hook throughout the tune. Their guitarist is up there with J Mascis (Dinosaur Jr) in terms of greating catchy hooks and melodys and then weaving it with some awesome melodies/lead.

6. Múm - Blessed Brambles Icelandic electro pop experimentalists is the only way I can describe this band. I swear all the best, most creative bands come out of Iceland. For me at least this song is pure bliss I know this is quite likely to be out of most of your listening zone but they really are fantastic so give something new a chance.
Back to top Go down

New Noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Noise   New Noise Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:01 pm

Built to spill kick ass
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

New Noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Noise   New Noise Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 6:04 am

You hear it on the mix or prviously?

They are really good though hopefully gonna get along to one of the co-headline dates with Dinosaur Jr.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

New Noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Noise   New Noise Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 8:22 am

Thanks, I'm always open to hearing new bands, will give this a listen!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

New Noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Noise   New Noise Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:04 am

Appreciate it doubt much of this is to most peoples taste on here but its always worth checking out.
Back to top Go down

New Noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Noise   New Noise Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:14 am

I have heard of them before
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

New Noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Noise   New Noise Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:19 pm

d/l-ing for the first band, never heard of em. i love no age, built to spill, and broken social scene though
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

New Noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Noise   New Noise Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:35 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
d/l-ing for the first band, never heard of em. i love no age, built to spill, and broken social scene though

Sweet I guess those bands are far bigger in the states than here in the UK. Nobody here has heard of them and then get a nice surprise when they do listen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Noise   New Noise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Noise
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Mix Tapes-
Jump to: