DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Flatliners

Go down 
+11
loazis
isthisreal
NDTGA
JoshRaymond
xstevenbx
rhg5010
kieran
WWD4D?
vamike
PFREEZY
Jukebox Romeo
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

The Flatliners Empty
PostSubject: The Flatliners   The Flatliners Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:03 am

For those who are aware of how good this band is, I'd just like to say that their new album, "Cavalcade," fucking rips. Easily their most solid album, track for track, and even though they have almost entirely abandoned the ska element of their music, it is still a great album. So catchy, yet still fast and heavy. Amazing.

For those of you who are not aware of them, it would do you well to make yourself aware of them ASAP. Their first album, "Destroy to Create," is an excellent example of ska-core at its finest, and their second album, "The Great Awake," is a very good melodic hardcore album. Their most recent EP, "Cynics," was possibly their best work yet until their new album leaked. Seriously, check these guys out. I think a lot of people here will be into them. http://www.myspace.com/theflatlinerstoronto

Last edited by Jukebox Romeo on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

The Flatliners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flatliners   The Flatliners Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:03 am

my link expired, but definitely check this out.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

The Flatliners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flatliners   The Flatliners Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:39 am

I don't know. their first cd on fat (The Great Awake) doesn't do anything for me. their new 7'' even less. Haven't heard the new album though
Back to top Go down
WWD4D?
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WWD4D?

The Flatliners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flatliners   The Flatliners Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:03 am

I really like the Great Awake. Ska punk I can take or leave but I liked the Great Awake. I saw them support NOFX and they were good live too.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

The Flatliners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flatliners   The Flatliners Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:56 am

I didnt like the first album but I dislike a lot of skacore stuff however the great awake was awesome I havnt heard cynics but will check out the new album if anyone has a link pm me please!
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

The Flatliners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flatliners   The Flatliners Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:33 am

Yeah, if you liked "The Great Awake" at all, this album will blow you away:
Code:
The Flatliners - Cynics - http://www.mediafire.com/?hymrflkjhte
The Flatliners - Cavalcade - http://hotfile.com/dl/34723609/8a8c18c/The_Flatliners_-_Cavalcade_2010_320kbps.rar.html
sorry, couldn't find a mediafire link for Cavalcade
Back to top Go down
rhg5010
A Contender
A Contender

The Flatliners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flatliners   The Flatliners Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:24 am

Yeah that album is really good. As of now, I'm really into the song "Here Comes Treble"

I really like the progressions these guys use.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JabarPSU
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

The Flatliners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flatliners   The Flatliners Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:15 am

The first time i saw tga was with these guys. They were pretty cool and entertaining. But, I don't think they're anything I would really be into.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

The Flatliners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flatliners   The Flatliners Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:05 pm

wow what a show that would be tga and the flatliners
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

The Flatliners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flatliners   The Flatliners Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:42 am

Im listening to them non stop im seeing them on Thursday should be fun! Last time I saw them was at Reading Festival which is never the same as a headline show.
Back to top Go down
NDTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

The Flatliners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flatliners   The Flatliners Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:32 am

Cavalcade is a solid album of the year contender
Back to top Go down
isthisreal
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

The Flatliners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flatliners   The Flatliners Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:10 pm

I agree, along with American Slang and Chamberlain Waits of course

Monumental is a brilliant brilliant song.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

The Flatliners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flatliners   The Flatliners Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:55 pm

Not my usual cup of tea but sounded pretty cool.

Awesome artwork at least.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

The Flatliners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flatliners   The Flatliners Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:48 pm

i miss the ska aspects of there earlier albums
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

The Flatliners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flatliners   The Flatliners Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:18 pm

I've been listening to Cavalcade the last week or so and it is really, really good. This is my first experience listening to these guys, but I really like this album. They have a good diversity, ranging from some melodic post hardcore, punk, to a scattering of ska with progressive rock in between. The Calming Collection is a great, short blast of what they have to offer. Shithawks just pummels you in the face with awesomeness. Monumental is rather generic, so don't judge the rest of the album on that, but they manage to add their own flair to the pop-rock song to make it a little more exciting. He Was A Jazzman takes a well-known ska riff and really takes it to an interesting (and ROCKING) place by the end of the song. Listen to the first 4 songs on this album and they will hook you. Carry the Banner is a punk anthem and Bleed is catchy as hell.

To give you any indication of who these guys are into, The Bosstones and the RX Bandits are huge influences on them. This album really has a minimal amount of ska, but the little bit it does have flows quite well. And if you guys are into progressive rock with ska elements then PLEASE check out the RX BANDITS!!! They are incredible! ...And the Battle Begun should sell you on their abilities to kick ass.
Back to top Go down
ForgottenGhosts
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
ForgottenGhosts

The Flatliners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flatliners   The Flatliners Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:24 pm

I'll definitely checked out RX Bandits later on. Saw The Flatliners in September when they supported Against Me! on their small Canadian tour. From what I gathered, they're really nice guys. Calvacade has been playing a lot on my iPod for the past few weeks too.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

The Flatliners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flatliners   The Flatliners Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:34 pm

Awesome to see they have a thread. "Cavalcade" was a solid release
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

The Flatliners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flatliners   The Flatliners Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:13 pm

they crashed at my friends house in october and his parents loved them haha.
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

The Flatliners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flatliners   The Flatliners Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 11:28 pm

Oh yeah, and I forgot that I started listening to them in the first place from their cover of "Cry, Cry, Cry" on the Johnny Cash tribute album "All Aboard". They rocked the hell out of that song. I was instantly hooked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Flatliners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flatliners   The Flatliners Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Flatliners
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: