DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xfm interview with Brian

Go down 
+3
simo
lynchyeatspizza
steady now steady now
7 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Xfm interview with Brian Empty
PostSubject: Xfm interview with Brian   Xfm interview with Brian Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:44 am

from http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/2010/gaslight-anthem-new-album-is-london-calling-with-soul

Gaslight Anthem: New Album Is 'London Calling' With Soul

added 29 March 2010 at 10.35

Brian Fallon claims the new material channels Motown and The Clash...

The Gaslight Anthem's Brian Fallon has been telling Xfm that the band's second album will be something rather special.
Speaking to Steve Harris on The O2 Evening Show, Fallon claimed that the new record, 'American Slang', was "As if London Calling was not reggae and was soul music instead. And us. And from the United States."
He added that the band had tapped into some classic Motown rhythms. "This album is meant to make the boys cry and the girls dance."

You can listen to the whole interview here
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Xfm interview with Brian   Xfm interview with Brian Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:30 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
... that the band's second album will be something rather special...
I doubt Brian would have forgotten about SoS
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Xfm interview with Brian   Xfm interview with Brian Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Well with all those comparisons to my favorite album of all time, expectations have to be high. You might even say "great expectations."

Sorry, I really didn't mean to do that, but once I typed it, I couldn't go back and erase it.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: Xfm interview with Brian   Xfm interview with Brian Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:17 am

hopefully they're not one of those bands to forget about their older work.
but probably so. maybe not yet, maybe in another album or two.
Back to top Go down
Tobi
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Xfm interview with Brian   Xfm interview with Brian Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 6:00 am

Just in case someone wants to download this:
http://mediaweb.musicradio.com/MP3/341ADB64BA6A485590A20F248F493B7D.mp3
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: Xfm interview with Brian   Xfm interview with Brian Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:13 am

thanks!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Xfm interview with Brian   Xfm interview with Brian Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 4:56 pm

simo wrote:
Well with all those comparisons to my favorite album of all time, expectations have to be high. You might even say "great expectations."

Sorry, I really didn't mean to do that, but once I typed it, I couldn't go back and erase it.

haha
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Xfm interview with Brian   Xfm interview with Brian Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 4:57 pm

motown rhythms and london calling comparisons? if there is one band i would trust to live up to those expectations, it would be gaslight. not saying they will disappoint, i just cant imagine how fuckin amazing "american slang" will be if/when it does live up to all these expectations brian's creating.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xfm interview with Brian   Xfm interview with Brian Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xfm interview with Brian
Page 1 of 1