DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Slang - The Album

Go down 
+15
rhg5010
borrowedcar
ktp
stephendgaf
steph
vamike
Shallow
IKeeptheDiner
Jay
Ryan
Daire
ral
kieran
steady now steady now
Palmer89
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

American Slang - The Album Empty
PostSubject: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Tracklisting:

American Slang
Stay Lucky
Bring It On
The Diamond Church Street Choir
The Queen of Lower Chelsea
Orphans
Boxer
Old Haunts
The Spirit of Jazz
We Did It When We Were Young
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:28 pm

The people at altsounds.com seem to have heard more than one track, as they report that:

AMERICAN SLANG heralds a dramatic leap forward for The Gaslight Anthem. Tracks such as “Bring It On,” “Orphans” and “Stay Lucky” bristle and burn with the spirit of soul and the artistic adventurousness and impressive confidence of band that has come into its own and found its own voice.

http://hangout.altsounds.com/news/116218-the-gaslight-anthem-unveil-american-slang.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:29 pm

If journalists have rough promo copies it will leak soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:37 pm

Anyone know if the cover for American Slang is just the album or the song?

Really undecided if I could donwload a leak if one happend, I wouldn't feel too guilty as I'd 100% get the album the day it comes out, at the same time, if it leaked early enough, I doubt I could wait a month or so.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:45 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
The people at altsounds.com seem to have heard more than one track, as they report that:
While they may have heard the album, that quote is from the press release from Big Hassle (who handles the band's press stuff).

Palmer89 wrote:
Anyone know if the cover for American Slang is just the album or the song?
It's the album cover.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:53 pm

Palmer89 wrote:

Really undecided if I could donwload a leak if one happend, I wouldn't feel too guilty as I'd 100% get the album the day it comes out, at the same time, if it leaked early enough, I doubt I could wait a month or so.

The way I see it is I'll download a leak of the alubm, no qualms. I'm gonna end up getting AT LEAST one version of it anyway.

But I'm not gonna d/l any singles that might surface. I've listened to AS today but that's as far as that goes. Haven't downloaded the rip and probably won't listen to the song again until I have the whole album to go with it.

In the run up to the release of PP&JG, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones released two songs in advance and they got totally overplayed and I regularly skip over them. When I first got the album I didn't even listen to them as they didn't feel like new songs.

As well as that AS is the first track on the album. I don't wanna end up feeling the same way about AS (song) as I do when I hear the intro to Great Expectations.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:55 pm

steady now steady now wrote:

AMERICAN SLANG heralds a dramatic leap forward for The Gaslight Anthem. Tracks such as “Bring It On,” “Orphans” and “Stay Lucky” bristle and burn with the spirit of soul and the artistic adventurousness and impressive confidence of band that has come into its own and found its own voice.

http://hangout.altsounds.com/news/116218-the-gaslight-anthem-unveil-american-slang.html

oops; I've just realised that altsounds took this straight off the SieOneDummy press release, so they haven't heard any more than we have

Last edited by steady now steady now on Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:55 pm

I agree, If I can I'll wait until I get the CD in my hands...whether that can happen I'm not sure, if, as you say, only singles are leaked I won't, but if the whole album is...I wish I could wait but doubt I'll be able to.

But I will definatly buy AS the day it comes out on CD.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
A Contender
A Contender
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:57 pm

Daire wrote:
Palmer89 wrote:

The way I see it is I'll download a leak of the alubm, no qualms. I'm gonna end up getting AT LEAST one version of it anyway.

But I'm not gonna d/l any singles that might surface. I've listened to AS today but that's as far as that goes. Haven't downloaded the rip and probably won't listen to the song again until I have the whole album to go with it.

In the run up to the release of PP&JG, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones released two songs in advance and they got totally overplayed and I regularly skip over them. When I first got the album I didn't even listen to them as they didn't feel like new songs.

As well as that AS is the first track on the album. I don't wanna end up feeling the same way about AS (song) as I do when I hear the intro to Great Expectations.

Agreed, gonna have to force myself not to listen it again. Think I'll have to wait for the official release aswell though, unless it leaks really early and I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:06 pm

Palmer89 wrote:
I agree, If I can I'll wait until I get the CD in my hands...whether that can happen I'm not sure, if, as you say, only singles are leaked I won't, but if the whole album is...I wish I could wait but doubt I'll be able to.

But I will definatly buy AS the day it comes out on CD.

Agreed. The way I see it I'll be buying the album at least 2 times over, with digital download and vinyl, if not three depending if I want the Physical CD, so I tend not to feel too bad about downloading a leak.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:43 pm

Only going to listen to the released material. To avoid skipping over the first track, I probably wont put it on my iPod to avoid over playing.
Back to top Go down
Shallow
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 12:54 am

I'll never understand the whole waiting for the official release crap. I have these same the debates on the Springsteen forum. The album is ready to be heard the second it's mastered. The release date is a business move made by guys in suits. It's not like the band wants this specific day for the fans to hear the music.

As a Springsteen fan I listen to more studio outtakes and bootleg concerts than I do released material. I have no problem hearing the album the second it becomes available for me to hear it.

Female rapper Foxy Brown woke up one morning a few years ago and was all of a sudden deaf. It took about a year of treatment and surgery for her to get her hearing back. So when I think about not listening to a leaked album I think about the idea that it's possible I could refuse to listen the whole time it's leaked and then wake up the day of the release and find out I can't hear anything. It's not likely but I'd feel like an idiot for a very long time.

Put it this way, if you saw Brian on the street tomorrow and he said "hey you wanna come over and hear the new album?", would any of you say no?
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:36 am

haha, you got some cool thoughts there.
man, I'd even listen to venga boys with him if he'd ask me
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 3:57 am

of course not. who would say no to that? i get your point and all, but i also understand wanting to hold the physical, tangible record in your hands, and play the record all the way thru for the first time, versus hearing a bootleg copy online, which may or may not be of crap quality. its just not the same as holding and hearing the finished product as it was intending, listening to the whole thing, thats like an experience. everything's easy with the internet nowadays, if you want it to be.

anyways now that ive typed all that...who cares? we're spending so much time debating whether or not something will happen and what we would all do in such an occasion. it will or it wont, we will or we wont.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:21 am

steph wrote:
we will or we wont.

this pretty much.
having said that, can't wait for the leak. lol
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:46 am

vamike wrote:

haha wow that's dedication!! how about b*witched?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:14 am

ktp wrote:
vamike wrote:

haha wow that's dedication!! how about b*witched?!

haha, I don't know them but the picture look horrible. as long I don't have to watch a video I guess it's alright.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:32 pm

i wouldnt be opposed to actually downloading the leak. however, i think the guys could pull something like MGMT did. their album leaked and they just streamed it on their site so people didnt have to listen to watermarks, and other things.
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:32 am

I have no problem listening to leaks as they're not watermarked and good quality. I guess this will not leak too soon as 59's leaked like 2 month early. that was a nice suprice, I was not expecting it that early. It'll leak on june 7th.
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:37 pm

it'll leak by memorial day
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:57 am

somebody leak this bad boy already. hah
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:34 pm

wait a month
Back to top Go down
rhg5010
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:03 pm

My prediction was wrong. I said first week of April. Kinda impressed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JabarPSU
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:48 pm

rhg5010 wrote:
My prediction was wrong. I said first week of April. Kinda impressed.

Same here. T59S leaked so early.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 3:01 am

Well, shouldn't be long now. Latest tweet:
"record is mastered! yes! chelsea handler, you
better like this!!! feeling completed."
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Slang - The Album   American Slang - The Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Slang - The Album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next