DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings

Go down 
+4
ambrose
lhdez
JoshRaymond
Jukebox Romeo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:10 pm

Hey guys, what's going on. Found out about this forum from a link posted on Gaslight's last.fm page. Now, the deal with me and Gaslight is...I heard a lot of buzz about Sink or Swim. I listened to it, and actually thought it was a little boring, and didn't feel like it had any energy until "Red In the Morning", which is now my least favorite track. But I did like a few songs (Drive, Red At Night, The Navesink Banks). I put the album aside and didn't think about them too much til the EP came out. I was surprised that an EP was coming out so quick after the album, so I gave it a listen, gave SoS another listen, and fell in love. The end.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:30 pm

very nice
Back to top Go down
lhdez
A Contender
A Contender
lhdez

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 5:30 am

Good to hear, have a look around the forum and have fun.
Back to top Go down
ambrose
A Contender
A Contender

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 5:40 am

you seem pretty cool man, hope you stick around.
Back to top Go down
rosstbh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rosstbh

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:20 am

It was my link on last.fm xsmug
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:45 am

Good to have you hear... am I the only person that doesn't use last.fm? I think I need to check it out.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 6:36 pm

i dont use it either man, i need to though
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:23 am

Thanks for all the tabs - you in a band?
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:47 am

I don't understand tabs at all, so you may be posting gibberish... but the general consensus is that you are doing awesome job... thanks for helping out
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:13 am

SInk or Swim did have to grow on me aswell, so glad I gave it that chance!
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 2:35 pm

Kropotkin wrote:
Thanks for all the tabs - you in a band?

Unfortunately, I'm not in a band right now. All the kids at my school are into hip-hop, classic rock, or chill stuff like jack johnson, who I hate. I'm into punk and ska, and even some folky stuff, and so are my friends, but they don't play any instruments. I try to do some solo stuff every once in a while, but I don't have an acoustic, so I don't know how good it sounds.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 4:11 pm

Alright, following in the fashion of e7c's 1000th post, I am going to take this time to write about myself a bit.

I would like to thank TGA for reintroducing me to real music. Gaslight has been a huge part of my life ever since I heard SatQ, and specifically Blue Jeans. The day I heard that song was the day I stopped listening to ska almost entirely, and returned to listening mostly to "southern punk", folk (I attribute this to The Navesink Banks), and Springsteen. Streetlight Manifesto/BOTAR used to dominate my Most Played list on my iPod, but I haven't even listened to them in over a year. I realized how fake most of ska was; I went to a Reel Big Fish show and left the crowd in disgust of how juvenile it was and how weird it was for a 40 year-old man to be singing about wanting someone's girlfriend to be his girlfriend, or how his girlfriend left him for another girl. I still listen to ska, but now it's mostly the laid back soulful kind, like The Slackers, Westbound Train, or Deal's Gone Bad, or maybe some heavier stuff like Streetlight, The Flatiners, or ASOB.

I would like to thank this forum for increasing my obsession with TGA and for introducing me to several incredible artists, like Against Me!, Frank Turner, The Riot Before, Fake Problems, The Lawrence Arms, Paul Baribeau, Dead To Me, Alkaline Trio, Cobra Skulls, Two Cow Garage, American Steel, Polar Bear Club, Hot Water Music, Nothington, Sam Russo, I could go on and on. I have a list right now of about 40 albums I need to listen to. I'll hopefully get that shortened up soon.

So yeah, that's about it. I'd like to think I've helped out on this forum a bit, and people appreciate my opinions as well. Peace
Back to top Go down

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 6:30 pm

Congrats on 1000 posts Jukebox Romeo. The Gaslight Anthem changed my life. Strange to say but I didn't think music could do this until I discovered this band. And they have also introduced me to other bands and artists I wouldn't have discovered otherwise. I too have a list of albums/bands now I seem to be adding to quicker than I can listen to- maybe its a nice problem to have?
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:04 am

first off, I was hoping the next person to reach 1000 would do a posting about it too. (Stalls you better be thinking about what you are going to write... your next!)

TGA and AM! are the bands that turned me away from ska. Ska now seems childish to me... a few weeks ago I put on some LTJ (at one time they were my favorite band) and I literally cringed!

I for one have been really glad that you have been here. I only wish I knew how to play the guitar so I could make sense of your posts about guitar tabs.

Thanks for being here brother, you are one of the key people that have really helped out this forum.
Back to top Go down

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:55 am

e7c wrote:
first off, I was hoping the next person to reach 1000 would do a posting about it too. (Stalls you better be thinking about what you are going to write... your next!)

I agree; it'd be a good habit for people to get into. Maybe if I get to posting milestone I'll write something about me!

Last edited by Tomaldo on Mon May 11, 2009 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:11 am

this is still good ska out there my friends

anyway jukebox congrats and your post warms my heart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content