DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Here but Old Fan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stayhungry
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

New Here but Old Fan Empty
PostSubject: New Here but Old Fan   New Here but Old Fan Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:03 pm

Hey all- Been a Gaslight fan for a while now. Don't know exactly how long (after the EP came out perhaps? Or a bit after...) Anyway just wanted to get to know people... did anyone happen to go to the Troc show in Oct 09 or Wellmont in Dec 09?

Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of the cite with people who love TGA as much as I do! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: New Here but Old Fan   New Here but Old Fan Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:02 pm

Welcome to the site! I wasn't at either of those shows. Wrong part of the country for me! But next tour I'm hoping to do more East Coast shows than West Coast, cause every time someone writes about their experience @ a show here, it just sounds like those East Coast/hometown shows are just a little more special.
Back to top Go down
stayhungry
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Here but Old Fan   New Here but Old Fan Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:14 pm

yeah they seem to be. i've only been to 2 shows but it seems that it's more intimate than the other shows i hear about. but either way i'm pretty sure that all the shows they play have the same amount of energy and enthusiasm. it doesn't take a new jersian to know that gaslight's a pretty special band hahaha
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: New Here but Old Fan   New Here but Old Fan Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:18 pm

It doesn't, but there sure seems to be a lot of you guys from NJ on here! Brits and Garden State-ers probably make up half the people on this board! And they definitely aren't slacking during the shows I've been to, I just think there's a little something extra in the hometown kinda shows. A lil sumpin sumpin. Not to mention all those East Coast states are a lot smaller and quicker to drive between than out here! Which = less time, more shows to attend!
Back to top Go down
stayhungry
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Here but Old Fan   New Here but Old Fan Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:56 pm

truth haha. anywhere they play in the tristate area i could probably get to in an hour or 2... it's very convenient. and yeah i think the extra "sumpin sumpin" comes from the communal vibe- we all know our roots and we know the scene around here and we're able to appreciate it that a band as awesome as gaslight has emerged and is making this great music. not to mention all the references to new jersey in their songs haha
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: New Here but Old Fan   New Here but Old Fan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:34 am

Glad that you finally showed up here! I have yet to catch a NJ show, but I agree with you guys, I think there is something special about it. NJ is famous for 3 bands (Bruce, Bon Jovi and The Bouncing Souls) I wonder how much longer until TGA is included in that list?
Back to top Go down
stayhungry
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Here but Old Fan   New Here but Old Fan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:37 am

actually NJ has a ton of bands that made names for themselves it's pretty cool. cobra starship, my chemical romance, saves the day, and fountains of wayne (they sing that song "stacy's mom."

of those, saves the day and fountains are pretty good. but yeah i actually think tga's already on that list of good band. especially in europe. everyone there seems to know who they are way more than the US does haha
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: New Here but Old Fan   New Here but Old Fan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:40 am

I was not trying to imply that Bruce, Bon Jovi and The Souls were the only successful bands from NJ, but that they are synonymous with NJ. MCR, Saves The Day and Fountains of Wayne I think of as just flashes in a pan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Here but Old Fan   New Here but Old Fan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:37 pm

coming to nj i automatically think about TGA, streetlight and monster magnet, that's what i associate with nj besides that i love this place and that i wanna go there again so badly. (Tga - influnce XD)

@ stayhungry
welcome, i think you'll like it around here, there's lots of things to discuss and talk about...
Back to top Go down
stayhungry
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Here but Old Fan   New Here but Old Fan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:52 pm

Oh yeah I get what you're talking about haha I think tga should definitely be in the big nj bands that you listed for sure. And yeah nj is pretty darn awesome Smile I can see why you'd love it haha

And thanks for the welcome Smile I love I'd here already lol
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: New Here but Old Fan   New Here but Old Fan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:47 pm

What about the Misfits??
Back to top Go down
stayhungry
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Here but Old Fan   New Here but Old Fan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:50 pm

oh god i totally forgot about them haha. and cobra starship. although i don't really like them but i'm pretty sure they're from here. and frank sinatra and (i hate to admit this.....) the jonas brothers. so yeah i guess we have a lot of music here haha. whether it's good or not is debatable. but tga is definitely the best in my opinion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Here but Old Fan   New Here but Old Fan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:09 pm

i mostly love that place because my grandma lived over there and the people were really awesome.

i'd like to quote one of my last.fm-friends:
yeah, there's great music here. there's also a lot of terrible bands, but we try to ignore those haha.

he's actually from... yeah you're right Nj
Back to top Go down
stayhungry
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Here but Old Fan   New Here but Old Fan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:55 pm

cool Very Happy it's very true haha where'd your grandma live?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Here but Old Fan   New Here but Old Fan Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:33 am

she immigrated from the philippines like 20 years ago and lived near atlantic city til she passed away.
can't exactly tell you where it was, been to nj 4 times and 1 year all together, but the last time has already been that far ago.

but i really wish to come back again, i liked the place.
to me, nj in the u.s. is a litte like the philippines in southeast asia. they ain't got the greatest cities, sites or landmarks to visit, or the best cuisine or what ever makes people visit a place.

but they got really great people making up an athmosphere that gets me saying: "I like this place and i like to stay here for a while or longer"
Back to top Go down
stayhungry
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Here but Old Fan   New Here but Old Fan Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:55 pm

Smile that's the truth haha. although we are known for our pizza. and our shores are pretty great. and in case you haven't noticed, i definitely think we have the best music here haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Here but Old Fan   New Here but Old Fan Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:30 pm

yeah, i know there's lot of italian folks in nj, but believe me, i live 2 hours next the italian border where pizza still remains best XD

and yeah the jersey shore, i like every country with a coastline. mostly because i miss it so much here in my landlocked own country.

and yeah the music, i thought it that fact was already clear so i didn't mention it again, haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Here but Old Fan   New Here but Old Fan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Here but Old Fan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: