DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new (rival?) TGA forum

Go down 
+3
JoshRaymond
simo
steady now steady now
7 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

new (rival?) TGA forum Empty
PostSubject: new (rival?) TGA forum   new (rival?) TGA forum Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:25 am

I have just discovered a new TGA forum, apparently aimed at UK fans.

I really see no point in splitting the TGA community in this way, seeing that there are plenty of UK fans on here and as TGA is still a relatively small band. It's bad enough having to check two (rival?) Springsteen forums (BTX & Greasy Lake).

I won't post the link, as I don't really want to contribute to any split/rivalry. For my part, I'll stay loyal to Dimestore Saints.

Last edited by steady now steady now on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: new (rival?) TGA forum   new (rival?) TGA forum Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:57 pm

I think we'll be fine. We're still the first result on google for "Gaslight Anthem forum".
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: new (rival?) TGA forum   new (rival?) TGA forum Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:02 pm

We should unite
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: new (rival?) TGA forum   new (rival?) TGA forum Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:28 pm

We're linked as the official messageboard on the Gaslight site...so therefore we win. If a unite would happen I'm sure they would have no problem being linked on the official site.

We should in seriousness unite a little, no point spreading too many fans amongst too many forums for a band the size of Gaslight.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: new (rival?) TGA forum   new (rival?) TGA forum Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:52 pm

Palmer89 wrote:
We're linked as the official messageboard on the Gaslight site...so therefore we win. If a unite would happen I'm sure they would have no problem being linked on the official site.

We should in seriousness unite a little, no point spreading too many fans amongst too many forums for a band the size of Gaslight.

The link from the official TGA site is simply to 'The Gaslight Anthem fan message board'; I am not aware of us being an 'official' forum.

Also, it's not about being no. 1, but, as you say, about not spreading fans among several forums (who wants to read and post on two, just to cover all bases). I don't have an issue with a site like Absolutepunk having a long, 'official' Gaslight Anthem thread, which I read occassionally, but do we need another TGA forum that offers a news subfourm, an audio subforum, a video subforum, etc?

Anyway, let's see how many members/readers they get on account of their very cleverly targeted advertising (if you are a hardcore fan, you'll come across it; that's how I found them).
Then again, maybe the new record will be so different that all the SoS'ers and 59'ers will stay here, and the Slang'ers will go there. new (rival?) TGA forum Drunken_smilie

Last edited by steady now steady now on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: new (rival?) TGA forum   new (rival?) TGA forum Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:02 pm

Yeah, didn't mean official in the sense that all Gaslight knowledge about everything is spread here...it's still pretty cool to be the first port of call for anyone clicking from the site though.

I guess this place is a bit bigger/older at the moment?
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: new (rival?) TGA forum   new (rival?) TGA forum Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:20 pm

Who cares? We're all fans at the end of the day. And they have a slightly different demographic.

I don't see a problem tbh, and definyly not a rivalry.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: new (rival?) TGA forum   new (rival?) TGA forum Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:26 pm

This is an act of war!

...or not. Let's get in touch with them and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
bobbyjames

PostSubject: Re: new (rival?) TGA forum   new (rival?) TGA forum Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:06 am

as a newbie here, I'd like to say this is the best TGA forum I've discovered (not that I found many!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new (rival?) TGA forum   new (rival?) TGA forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new (rival?) TGA forum
Page 1 of 1