DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims

Go down 
+3
Stevearm
PFREEZY
vamike
7 posters
AuthorMessage
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Empty
PostSubject: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:57 am

I thought about putting my green 59' sound + 59' single (golden first press) up for auction and donate 100% to red cross (haiti victims) or something like that.

what do you guys think of that. would any of you guy be interrested in bidding on it?

If yes, what relief organization should I donate to? red cross?
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:38 pm

Yes, put it up for auction. Use limitedpressing.com and let the guy that runs the site know it is for charity.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:30 pm

I don't know, call me selfish but I think we need to help our own people before helping everyone else.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:22 am

ok, thanks, I mailed the guys at limited pressing.

who do you mean by your own people? I think those people need it more than anyone in Austria could need a donation.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:27 am

Stevearm wrote:
I don't know, call me selfish but I think we need to help our own people before helping everyone else.

What is our own people? The whole first world, third world discourse is a redundant concept.

However regardless Haiti is much more need of help at the moment then most places on the planet what a insanely strange statement.

I say go for it if you feel its the right thing to do who the hell are we to say whether you should or not.
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:20 am

I'm working something out with Limited Pressing/Punknews.org
It'll be listed on limitedpressing.org on Thursday. I'll post a link here as soon as it's online.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:41 pm

Nice one dude perhaps email the band about this as well so they can post it on the relevant social networking sites etc to generate some more interest.
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:00 pm

what's the best way to get in touch with them? I don't want to use myspace because they probably get like 100 messages a day.....
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:50 pm

Probs best to get in contact with e76 or vibes as I think they have the relevant details.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:33 pm

I was talking with Chris Moran from punknews.org and he told me that there is going to be an auction going on with them and that there would be some TGA pieces.

As for helping out, I think most of you know that I am a big fan of volunteering, in fact I have my own non profit org, Volunteering Rocks! so as for what Stevearm was saying here is how I feel... helping out is important. If you only want to help out "your own people" that is fine, just be sure to do it. And no one should ever try to discourage someone else from helping.

Personally Mrs. e7c and myself are donating to the Red Cross specifically for the people in Haiti.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 7:37 pm

I think it's an excellent idea. I guess some people think in terms of "us vs. them," and some think in terms of "we're all in it together," but any form of volunteerism and donation is admirable and shouldn't be knocked on by anyone else. I do think you should try and promote it beyond this board, I don't have any suggestions beyond what others have suggested. And I'm not sure how much extra income I have at this point, but I'll definitely check it out!
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:49 pm

More power to ya! I can't afford to bid, but I think it's a great idea.

And stevearm, I pretty much agree with what's been said here, but remember that this is one of those cases where the US is in the best position to help. We're close and have the resources to lend fast and desperately needed help. We're talking about an estimated 100,000-200,000 people who have died. That's 50-100 times more than Hurricane Katrina.
And too, when Katrina rolled in, it wasn't just ol' US of A fixing things up. We had a lot of help from other countries, including Canada, China, India, and even small ones like Sri Lanka. Everyone needs a hand from time to time.
IDK if you're religious at all, but I feel strongly about Jesus' parable of the good Samaritan. The point being, who really is my neighbor? Not just those we have racial or national ties too. Everyone is, and we all benefit when we support each other.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 3:11 am

I may have been misunderstood in my statement, I'm not against helping other countries like Haiti whatsoever, I just don't like it when we help a country one second and then we're bashed by them a year later. As far as helping our own people, I just put Americans (seeing as I am an American) above all else, It's like; I won't put my friends before family, it ain't gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 am

I can sympathize with that, but people who receive US aid like this won't soon forget it. They may be unhappy with the efficiency and such, but they'll know we were there to help. It's that sort of thing that makes friends and makes people see the US as the good guy, not an exploitative empire. Think about the Marshall Plan in post-WW2 Europe or the many Eastern European countries who received US aid and support after the dissolution of the USSR.
This sort of thing only helps relationships. It's blazing guns and air strikes that make them bash the US.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:55 am

well. I've been in touch with limited pressing/punknews. they've promised that it'll be online via limited pressing last thursday. nothing happened so far.

If I don't get an email back it'll be online for auction in 7 hours, when I'm back home from work. I'll post the link on as many site I can....
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 am

Dude just try emailing them again would imagine you will raise more money through limited pressing.
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:28 am

emailed again a few hours ago. and would auction it through limited pressing though...
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:46 am

Just read on punknews facebook page thing as well

"The first round is over! $7775.30 for Earthquake relief efforts! More items go up tonight at 10pm EST"
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:18 am

ok. well, I guess I have to wait then...
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:42 pm

Yeah I think they just have so many items that they are waiting until they can compile all of them. Also, they might have wanted the first wave to end before they added more.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:36 pm

"Punknews.org We have items from Small Brown Bike, Less Than Jake, Gaslight Anthem, NOFX and more going up for auction tonight. GET INTO IT!"

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 7:28 pm

cool
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:45 am

Tons of less than jake. And your green 59 sound.
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:19 am

If you want em, and you have the cash, please bid on it. it's already over $20 ($16)

The Gaslight Anthem - The 59' Sound single GOLD (1/500)

http://limitedpressing.com/auctions/1422

The Gaslight Anthem - The 59' Sound - GREEN EU Pressing

http://limitedpressing.com/auctions/1424
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:24 pm

Went for well over $100 nice one anyone here bid?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims   selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

selling my green 59'sound for Haiti victims
Page 1 of 1