DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'steampunk' anyone?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

'steampunk' anyone? Empty
PostSubject: 'steampunk' anyone?   'steampunk' anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 7:55 pm

I recently got into 'steampunk', having alweays enjoyed liked the Victorian period.

During the past year I've read 'Perdido Street Station', 'The Court of the Air', and the three 'The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' comics. I have also just finished 'Mortal Engines' (great premise, great fun) and have its sequels and 'The Affinity Bridge' waiting on my shelf. And way back I read a lot of Jules Verne's novels.

Film wise, I have always been a fan of the original 'Metropolis' movie, but thought little of 'The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen', although it was well designed. I've just ordered 'Steamboy'.

The music I have come across under that heading though really sucks. I think symphonic metal is actually much more steampunk.

I like the fashion and design, though I'm unlikely to start dressing that way myself (maybe when I hit 50 and stop caring altogether what people think).

So, is anyone else on here into it? Any recommendations?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

'steampunk' anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'steampunk' anyone?   'steampunk' anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 11:51 pm

I think it looks awesome and some of my friends are into it. Steamboy is really good and Jules Verne was my favorite 5 years ago Very Happy

I can ask some of my friends for recommendations
Back to top Go down

'steampunk' anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: General Chat & Discussions-
Jump to: