DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Shows you saw in 2009

Go down 
+12
sarahjay
e7c
kieran
PFREEZY
RobertODonnell
SouthJerseyTGA
steph
simo
JoshRaymond
tdawg
Palmer89
colmillionaire
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

Best Shows you saw in 2009 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Shows you saw in 2009   Best Shows you saw in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:19 pm

Saw quite a few shows but almost all were either Pearl Jam (9 times) or Gaslight Anthem (7 times). No need to list them all but here were my favorites.

Gaslight Anthem - August 8 at the Double Door, Chicago, IL
The guys returned to the US for Lollapalooza after a summer full of mostly festivals in Europe and played this show. Billed as Q101 Aftershow, tickets were initially only available via the radio station but eventually some were handed out at the venue. It was about a billion degrees inside but ended up being a great show including 7 songs from Sink or Swim. Constantines opened and were also pretty good.

Pearl Jam - October 27-31 at the Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA.
As mentioned before, four shows in five days to close the Spectrum. Made the trip out east with some friends and had an absolute blast. PJ played 100+ unique songs including a couple B-sides and unreleased songs that had either never been played live or only played a few times. Never thought I'd hear some of them but I'm sure glad I did. Also, Social Distortion and Bad Religion opened two nights each. A nice bonus.

The Swell Season - December 2 at the Michigan Theater, Ann Arbor, MI
Another great show but I might've paid double to see Glen Hansard solo. The highlight of the show was Glen performing "Say It To Me Now" totally unplugged about 3ft away from me. Covering Astral Weeks was a close second. Can not wait for a real tour from The Frames.
Back to top Go down

Best Shows you saw in 2009
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2