DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Songs Everyone Likes

Go down 
+14
Stevearm
PFREEZY
thecosmickid
JoshRaymond
e7c
Palmer89
simo
sarahjay
MKULTRA
kieran
stephendgaf
steph
rhg5010
tdawg
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Songs Everyone Likes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 4:17 pm

Up Around the Bend by Creedence Clearwater Revival or any of there music really
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 5:40 am

I'd say some of the classics like:

Brown Sugar - Rolling Stones
Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan
Rock N Roll - Led Zeppelin
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 3:11 pm

JoshRaymond wrote:
Up Around the Bend by Creedence Clearwater Revival or any of there music really

I can get with that, a band like the Kinks that, when you realise the songs they actually made, you have probably singing them all your life.

Always turn the Beatles off....Overrated

Led Zep...wanted to like but meh

not a big Bob Marley fan but LOVE Three Little Birds.

Also Despise Bono with every atom in my body..but love early U2.
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 3:50 pm

I don't know why there's so much Bono hate going around (I guess South Park made bashing him cool). Personally I think it's all about their music. Why should I care about how he acts when he's offstage or out of the studio? I'm just a fan, not his friend.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 3:59 pm

Harry Lime wrote:
I don't know why there's so much Bono hate going around (I guess South Park made bashing him cool). Personally I think it's all about their music. Why should I care about how he acts when he's offstage or out of the studio? I'm just a fan, not his friend.

QFT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 4:06 pm

Oh and another thing while I'm in rant mode: if Bono is too conceited, it's because people like you only talk about him! What about The Edge, Adam Clayton, and Larry Mullen Jr.? You don't think they contribute at all to the band?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 5:16 pm

I'd say a good amount of people like "Imagine" (John Lennon), considering the lyrics could be considered controversial.
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 7:27 pm

Harry Lime wrote:

Yes I despise Bono , but I also said I LOVE early U2. C'mon you're clearly defending him. Who talks about global ecology then flys his HAT halfway aroung the world. Who fights for his LISTED studio to be preserved then later tries to build a megalithic hotel on other Dublin monuments. The bloke is an asshat, fact! no one mentions the other esteemed guys because they aren't total hypocrites. Bono holds himself above people...the bloke is a tool of epic proportions.

What is the difference between GOD and Bono?

GOD doesn't think he's Bono

End of discussion
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 11:32 pm

Did you read anything I wrote? I don't give a shit! He makes good music! As long as he hasn't done anything illegal, his personal life doesn't bother me one bit.

Now look, I'm sorry if I'm being abrasive. I'm not trying to insult you or your musical tastes at all (if you're on this forum, that means your taste in music must be pretty good), but it's ridiculous how you keep on bringing up the guy's personality, when this thread isn't even about that.

I can agree that they're latest work hasn't been that great (although I'm still happy with their first two albums of this decade), but any band is allowed their fare share of flukes. And "No Line" was nowhere near as bad as some of the albums they made in the 90's. Their next album ought to be good, just from the songs that have already leaked that have a possibility of being included.
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 7:15 pm

Harry Lime wrote:
Did you read anything I wrote? I don't give a shit! He makes good music! As long as he hasn't done anything illegal, his personal life doesn't bother me one bit.

Now look, I'm sorry if I'm being abrasive. I'm not trying to insult you or your musical tastes at all (if you're on this forum, that means your taste in music must be pretty good), but it's ridiculous how you keep on bringing up the guy's personality, when this thread isn't even about that.

I can agree that they're latest work hasn't been that great (although I'm still happy with their first two albums of this decade), but any band is allowed their fare share of flukes. And "No Line" was nowhere near as bad as some of the albums they made in the 90's. Their next album ought to be good, just from the songs that have already leaked that have a possibility of being included.

of course I read everything you said.

I don't care blah blah blah.

You the one who posted twice on a messageboard purely defending Bonio!

No one has slagged off the music, in fact they praised it!

You jumped in saying you do'n't care, funny way of showing it.

As for South Park....I hated Bonio waaaaaaay before South Park was ever on TV. You're only a wee dot of a lad. Please dont generalise. You'll Lose.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 8:46 pm

Whoa guys, this thread took a tank real fast. How about we chill and just drop the subject? Get back to the point of the thread.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 10:57 pm

Seriously I didn't know Bono talk would stir up some tempers,

Santeria by sublime everyone seems to like that
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 6:34 am

Nah that song is cringe worthy.

I reckon Gimme Shelter by the Stones that intro is class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJMnES7WoT4
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 11:31 am

I hate to be a nay-sayer again, but I'm with Kieran. Santaria makes me twitch Sad
But Gimme Shelter is an incredible song! One of my favorite Stones tunes, neck and neck with Paint it Black.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 12:17 pm

Why does Santeria give you that feeling?
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 2:22 pm

The lyrics make me cringe also its the most over played song at alternative club nights at least over here.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 5:51 pm

I like both santeria and gimme shelter but probably like gimme shelter more.

The album that has gimme shelter, let it bleed, is in the era of the stones best albums. Such a great effin record.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 6:18 pm

Big part of it I suppose is the voice. Especially the "Feel the break feel the break" part. The way his voice coasts up and pulls down on that segments just grates me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs Everyone Likes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2