DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AP Haircut 100

Go down 
AuthorMessage
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

AP Haircut 100 Empty
PostSubject: AP Haircut 100   AP Haircut 100 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 1:22 am

Ok, So disclaimer- I couldn't post this in news, so it's here; I haven't seen it posted yet before, if I'm incorrect, you can come to my house and kick me in the head. Now on to the point...

AP (Alternative Press magazine)'s new issue w/ AFI on the cover has a feature on the "Haircut 100," which is basically a ranking of the 100 best singles in "the scene" (basically any bands/songs that were within the scope of the kind of music AP covers) of the last decade, 2000-end of 2009. Of this 100, number 13 was none other than the Gaslight Anthem for "The '59 Sound." You might have your opinion of what AP's opinion is worth, but I thought it was kinda impressive that of all the other popular songs on the list, Gaslight made #13 out of 100! So there ya go.

I'd post a link, but I couldn't seem to find a decent one.
alternativepress.com, maybe someone else can find a good link. The article is like one tiny paragraph and a tiny press photo of the band, so probly not worth picking up the issue for this one thing alone.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

AP Haircut 100 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP Haircut 100   AP Haircut 100 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 1:24 am

And in case you're wondering, the rest of the list was composed of quite a few Death Cab and Jimmy Eat World songs, a couple Rise Against, Paramore, Blink 182, Lifetime, Green Day, Taking Back Sunday, Fall Out Boy, AFI, Silversun Pickups, etc. #1 was At the Drive In "One Armed Scissor"
Back to top Go down

AP Haircut 100
Page 1 of 1