DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection

Go down 
+46
sinkorswimmydear
Andy_
enola
songs like a comfort
bringiton_ty
SirBrad
moreblue
Klown
SubconsciousRitual
jerzshore732
TGAforLIFE
Down by the Mersey
JimmyB
HorribleCrowe
Jerseyrain
IrishNameAndAnInjury
luckyman
Gaslight23
brucesboots
Phil Rockabill
Shrewsbury_Stars
19thirty
fullcollapse
Daire
built2last25
ral
xorcist
Stevearm
loazis
simo
Bea
ExitEnglish
Shipyards
RobertODonnell
kcdc
kieran
Scarlett
geezfools
steph
caty0everlongx
tdawg
Vibes
Palmer89
e7c
lynchyeatspizza
steady now steady now
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
built2last25
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
built2last25

my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 10:35 pm

my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 5403186944_ea921bf70a
gaslight by Under These Central Jersey Skies, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 10:45 pm

What's the yellow one in the top right hand corner, above the SoS demos?
Back to top Go down
built2last25
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
built2last25

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 10:49 pm

thats the silk screened cover for the blue splatter sos demos
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:07 pm

Oh god, how did I not know this thread existed?

My husband and I are focusing almost solely on all the vinyl pressings/colors/variants. We are six items away from having everything. As in, every single vinyl pressing and variant they have done to date, including Gospel Songs.

The hardest thing to get is going to be the white SeƱor and the Queen 7". Those don't come up too often. Black pressing of Sibk or Swim is already ours, though, so that's one hurdle we've already cleared.

I want to do a "photoshoot" now but I'm SO close to completing the collection that I'd just have to redo it anyway. I was planning on offering Alexander the all-encompassing picture of variants for his site. ha.
Back to top Go down
built2last25
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
built2last25

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:15 pm

yeah when they release something else i will surely not be doing this again it was not fun. but it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:22 pm

I think it's really fun... stressful when we just started and had SO much to track down, but now there are only a few things left. When something else comes out it should be easier to keep up with it.
Back to top Go down
built2last25
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
built2last25

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:36 pm

no i'll surely keep collecting im talking about taking a picture of it all again. the collecting was so much fun sorta sad i dont have anything left to track down
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:45 pm

Oh! Yeah I definitely know how that is... we also have an embarrassingly massive collection of stuff relating to the Manic Street Preachers, a band that has existed since roughly 1989 and has so much paraphernalia that we've poured... several thousand dollars into it over the past 8/going on 9 years. But I guess everyone has their vices...? And to be honest, we used to be young with a lot of disposable income.

It's been a few years since we took pictures of the Manics collection, mainly because we don't have enough floor space to do it all in one shot, and getting everything out is such a chore. Luckily we only get like this for the Manics and Gaslight... my husband is getting there for New Found Glory, too, which I can handle, but we've reached our limit on bands that we can get really involved with. lmao.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:39 pm

built2last25 wrote:
my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 5403186944_ea921bf70a
gaslight by Under These Central Jersey Skies, on Flickr

Impressive; thanks for sharing, especially if it was a pain to set up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:41 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
I want to do a "photoshoot" now but I'm SO close to completing the collection that I'd just have to redo it anyway. I was planning on offering Alexander the all-encompassing picture of variants for his site. ha.

I'm happy to wait. Smile
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:26 pm

That's looks like a complete vinyl collection...for the most part! I'm collecting all the different colors. Not worrying about UK and US pressings if they're the same color. If the only thing that's different is a label or something.......that seems like a waste of money to me!
Back to top Go down
built2last25
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
built2last25

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:46 pm

yeah the only thing i didn't track down was the euro black pressing of 59 sound. i figured there would be no real way of knowing whether i was getting the real thing or just getting the regular black pressing. i figured it was a sure way to get ripped off and i already got beat twice trying to get some of the euro pressings of sos.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:07 pm

I really wish I could be more like you guys and not so much of a completist. ha.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:57 pm

built2last25 wrote:
yeah the only thing i didn't track down was the euro black pressing of 59 sound. i figured there would be no real way of knowing whether i was getting the real thing or just getting the regular black pressing. i figured it was a sure way to get ripped off and i already got beat twice trying to get some of the euro pressings of sos.

FWIW, you can tell the difference btw the different black 59 Sound pressings by the etching around the label. Also, although the Euro pressing of She Loves You has the same vinyl color as the US (black) pressing, the sleeve has a different color (i.e., white outline instead of blue).
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 8:10 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
I really wish I could be more like you guys and not so much of a completist. ha.

As I've mentioned on other threads, I limited my vinyl goals to the rarest first pressing of each release (see my signature photo which has everything except the She Loves You 7").

I figured this was a reasonable goal and a good way to avoid going insane tracking down each and every variant. As builttolast25 points out, given the similarities between some of the US and Euro variants, it can be tough to be sure which is which over the internet. I didn't want to have to deal with that kind of aggravation.

Of course, along the way I've accumulated more than those within my set goals. For example, as part of a lot I bought off of someone, I ended with a whole set of Sink or Swim demos (including an extra blue w/ gray splatter with the hand screened cover). I figured I can hold on to these extras for trading down the road.

To those of you who have toughed it out and acquired complete sets of all variants, nice work.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 8:38 pm

My husband knows what questions to ask to make sure we're getting the exact pressings we thing we're getting. He sends many an ebay message. I guess it's worth the extreme vigilance since, for some reason, we just REALLY like having complete sets. By no means to I think we're normal or mentally stable, though, so I absolutely understand why people wouldn't want to bother with those tiny differences. I can't even say why we do, honestly. Won't even try to justify it!
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:21 pm

Yeah I'll prob get the UK version of the She Loves You 7" at some point...cause the sleeve is totally different. But for some of these UK pressings that are the same color..I'm gonna pass.

The only thing I need at this point is SATQ 7" on white. I've had many opportunities ..some I passed on and others I didn't bid high enough! One of these days!!!
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:57 am

I have NEVER been so happy to pay $76.10 for a CD. Luckily we're selling off some (non Gaslight) vinyl that isn't part of a collection/doesn't get played too much... but still, I am THRILLED to have won this!

my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Screen-capture-5
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:43 am

fullcollapse wrote:
I have NEVER been so happy to pay $76.10 for a CD. Luckily we're selling off some (non Gaslight) vinyl that isn't part of a collection/doesn't get played too much... but still, I am THRILLED to have won this!

When was this? You are now the only other person I know who's got one. To me that's the ultimate TGA audio collectible. The guys even applied the stickers themselves.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:48 am

steady now steady now wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:

When was this? You are now the only other person I know who's got one. To me that's the ultimate TGA audio collectible. The guys even applied the stickers themselves.

Just Monday night! We had been watching the auction the entire time it was up. It was very anxiety producing!
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:49 am

fullcollapse wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:

Just Monday night! We had been watching the auction the entire time it was up. It was very anxiety producing!

Earlier in the day on Monday I noticed that the bidding was only at about $20.
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:20 pm

Man I'm so bummed I missed out on this! There has to be a bunch more of these out there tho! Thinking at least a hundred. Obviously.... the purpose of this cd is to get their music heard! Doubt there's only two of them...that wouldn't be much of a help to get the band's name out there!
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 3:16 pm

The bidding stayed at about $20 and I think jumped to $30 something in the last minute or two, and in the last 7 seconds or so it skyrocketed. It was intense!
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 3:29 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
The bidding stayed at about $20 and I think jumped to $30 something in the last minute or two, and in the last 7 seconds or so it skyrocketed. It was intense!

You gotta love that last minute of auction adrenaline rush where your heart feels like it's beating out of your chest.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 3:41 pm

So here's an updated photo of my TGA vinyl collection, which consists of the rarest first pressing of each release. Since my last "photo shoot", I've added the Tumbling Dice variants (since they're all unlimited, they're all tied for the "rarest") and the green and clear Song for Teenagers split.

I also included my latest acquisition which is the All Aboard Johnny Cash tribute on black vinyl with the hand-numbered silk screened outer jacket (limited to 60)

my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Img1410z
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next