DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection

Go down 
+46
sinkorswimmydear
Andy_
enola
songs like a comfort
bringiton_ty
SirBrad
moreblue
Klown
SubconsciousRitual
jerzshore732
TGAforLIFE
Down by the Mersey
JimmyB
HorribleCrowe
Jerseyrain
IrishNameAndAnInjury
luckyman
Gaslight23
brucesboots
Phil Rockabill
Shrewsbury_Stars
19thirty
fullcollapse
Daire
built2last25
ral
xorcist
Stevearm
loazis
simo
Bea
ExitEnglish
Shipyards
RobertODonnell
kcdc
kieran
Scarlett
geezfools
steph
caty0everlongx
tdawg
Vibes
Palmer89
e7c
lynchyeatspizza
steady now steady now
50 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Empty
PostSubject: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 7:17 am

I started this thread on 6 November 2009, but as I have since expanded my collection considerably, I have now deleted my original post. So here is a picture of my collection in July 2010.

As you can see, I collect the CDs (incl. variants and promos), as well as vinyl (but not colour variants). I also collect free cover CDs and compilations (I am missing just two, as far as I can tell - only the important ones and a selection of the remainder are shown).

Details of all items are on my website.

my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection TGAcollectionmid2010

Last edited by steady now steady now on Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:31 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 9:38 am

WOW.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:08 am

That is pretty impressive... I might just layout all of my TGA items and take a picture too
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:58 am

e7c wrote:
That is pretty impressive... I might just layout all of my TGA items and take a picture too

that would be fun; the "my" in the thread's title is "mine, yours, everybody's" [I've revised the title accordingly]

on the other hand, if we are talking TGA items in general, then better make it a new thread, as I've also got a few other things, such as all the TGA magazine covers
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 12:03 pm

Mines quite pathetic.

Got both Albums, the EP and the 3 demo tracks that were made available to download on here.

I love cd's though, If I had the money I'd have so many, I'm a bit of a old boy who still loves using cd players instead of ipods etc, hate ipods for some reason.

That is a mighty impressive collection.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 1:35 pm

I'm not sure if you have this but I have a pre-release version of The '59 Sound from SideOne. They gave it to me in May of 2008 for my first interview with the guys. That's definitely a keeper.

Great collection man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 1:57 pm

Vibes wrote:
I'm not sure if you have this but I have a pre-release version of The '59 Sound from SideOne. They gave it to me in May of 2008 for my first interview with the guys. That's definitely a keeper.

I do, if it's the one that says "In Stores August 19 2008" (see pic below; on the main pic it's the one above the 'Go-Kart' CD). Or does yours differ?

my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection 59SoundAdvancepromo

Vibes wrote:
Great collection man!

Tanks for that and for everyone else's 'wows' and 'impressives'; that's what I come here for. my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_biggrin

And by the way, collecting all that stuff was a great deal cheaper than buying all vinyl colour variants, first pressings, etc. though some of the promo CDs were hard to track down and are much rarer than most vinyl (except test pressings).

My prize CD is the Sink and Swim Demo CD-R from 2006.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 9:34 pm

I have two of those items, haha. Very nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
caty0everlongx
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 12:52 am

I have to get my hands on "Live At Park Ave" realllllly soon
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 1:35 am

damn.
ive got...
(sorry no pictures i cant be bothered, and its less impressive than yours, anyways)

all the obvious-
sink or swim (CD and vinyl)
59 sound (CD and vinyl)
senor and the queen (CD and red vinyl)

and then just a couple other things...
park ave vinyl, all the 59 sound singles
set list from NC show earlier this year
couple signed posters, various mags, and all of the various live performances/interviews/radio shows/Brian's solo stuff, that was uploaded here by other kind people!
oh, and a couple of the Rock Sound sampler CD's that they're on

im pretty sure that's it. i did the major collecting of all things with any mention of my favorite band back when i was younger...i'm getting to the point where i'm only getting the things that really matter. it's too much trouble to keep doing that!

oh, and the ragan/fallon split and sink or swim demos on vinyl
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 9:42 am

steph wrote:
i did the major collecting of all things with any mention of my favorite band back when i was younger...i'm getting to the point where i'm only getting the things that really matter. it's too much trouble to keep doing that!

I'm a bit of a late starter, I know.

When the new album comes out, which may well be huge, I won't keep up with the compilations (except. if they are previously unreleased tracks). Who knows, even magazine covers may become too many to keep up with ...

I assume there will still be enough to collect with the main releases (the release, the release with bonus tracks, the release with bonus DVD, the tour edition, etc.) and all the likely promos. I just tried to have total coverage of the early years.
Back to top Go down
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 1:18 am

Never seen the point in collecting CD's myself, but not bad there Smile
Back to top Go down
http://18milesaminute.wordpress.com
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:48 pm

haha. its more tempting to spend money on that kind of stuff now, i think, while there's not a new record out, and the last tour for the last record is winding down. we will have enough to spend our money on when the next record and tour come out!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:49 pm

im probably going to have a "d'oh!" moment after asking this question, but what CD is that, second from the bottom row, towards the right, black, with the stars and such?
Back to top Go down
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 10:00 pm

I think that's the sampler they were handing out at springsteen shows
Back to top Go down
http://18milesaminute.wordpress.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 5:37 am

geezfools wrote:
I think that's the sampler they were handing out at springsteen shows

it is indeed; so I do hope Steph will have 'd'oh!' moment my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_wink

my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection 2songsampler
Back to top Go down
Scarlett
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Scarlett

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 11:16 am

wooooow awesome collection, I only have the two albums, plan to egt the EP next. Hah I'm a beginner Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 11:55 am

Dont feel mine is really worthy of a photo thus far I have.

Sink or Swim - CD
Senor and the Queen - CD
59 Sound - CD
Senor and the Queen - Red Vinyl – /500 – 2×7″ (1st press)
Sink or Swim Demos - Black/Green Split Vinyl – /250 – 7″ (VC exclusive, 2nd press)
Live at Park Ave - Black Vinyl – /2000 – 10″
59 Sound (re-issue) - Clear Vinyl – /1000 – 7″
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 6:34 pm

d'oh!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:39 am

my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Imgp4010

my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Imgp4011

my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Imgp4013

my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Imgp4014

I hate to admit it, but I don't own a single TGA cd. Vinyl and mp3 is all I've got. (I did buy both SOS and The '59 Sound on cd but gave them to other people trying to get them into TGA)
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:40 am

and I know this isn't audio stuff, but it is still cool

my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Imgp4015
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:12 pm

Scott, that's some great stuff you've got there, especially the signed items, not least the SoS test pressing.

But how on earth did you get hold of an advance copy of 'Guitar Hero: The Gaslight Anthem Edition' ...? (I might be jocking now, but who knows.)
Back to top Go down
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender
kcdc

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:16 am

I have:

http://www.checkmyvinyl.com/kehuchau

Sink or Swim on White with Red Splatter (TWO COPIES)
Sink or Swim on Blue
Sink or Swim on Clear

'59 Sound on Black
'59 Sound on White
'59 Sound on Green
'59 Sound on Blue

S&TQ 2 x 7" on Red
S&TQ 2 x 7" on Black
S&TQ 10" Black

Sink or Swim Demos on Orange
Sink or Swim Demos on Gray/Blue
Sink or Swim Demos on Yellow

Old White Lincoln 7"
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadformat.net/tradelist/kcdc
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:41 am

You guys are gonna hate me. I might have to leave the site in infamy, but....

I don't own anything of theirs! I have some ill-gotten downloads, but before you yell at me for that, I should mention that I don't have a job or any means of buying their albums. But once I get some cash, I'll be sure to buy everything.
Back to top Go down
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender
kcdc

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:47 am

Harry Lime wrote:
You guys are gonna hate me. I might have to leave the site in infamy, but....

I don't own anything of theirs! I have some ill-gotten downloads, but before you yell at me for that, I should mention that I don't have a job or any means of buying their albums. But once I get some cash, I'll be sure to buy everything.

If you love the band that's all that matters; I think there's different ways of showing appreciation for a band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadformat.net/tradelist/kcdc
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection   my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my [your] Gaslight Anthem audio collection
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next