DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to direct download from most Radio Station sites

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandon
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

How to direct download from most Radio Station sites Empty
PostSubject: How to direct download from most Radio Station sites   How to direct download from most Radio Station sites Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 2:12 pm

Well I have been trying a few of the radio station sites where Gaslight has played and noticed you can directly download from some of them either mp3 or flv. The flv are usually videos but this would be a lot easier and better in terms of quality to rip the audio from since you just need to strip it and not rely on someone's audio settings being correct. It would be whatever quality the radio station put out.

So anyways here is how I do it. You need Firefox and Firebug addon. For those that don't know firebug is for web developers to debug their websites. It very powerful but were just going to use one part of it.

Once that's installed pull up a website what gaslight played on. I'll use my last post as an example http://www.91x.com/91xaudio/index.php?id=308. Then before hitting play hit the firebug icon in the bottom right of the screen and click Net and Enable. Then hit play. You will see a bunch of stuff going on but you want to look for the line that has a big file loading. If you put your mouse over the Get part it will change and show you the URL. Then Right Click on the Get . for that line and copy the location or open and save it out.

How to direct download from most Radio Station sites Swd4lz

Hope this help.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: How to direct download from most Radio Station sites   How to direct download from most Radio Station sites Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:05 pm

I'm a little confused, can I use this to rip the audio from FLVs? I've been trying to make that work for a while without having to actually play the whole file. Can't find anything that works to convert FLV to MP3.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: How to direct download from most Radio Station sites   How to direct download from most Radio Station sites Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:17 pm

simo wrote:
I'm a little confused, can I use this to rip the audio from FLVs? I've been trying to make that work for a while without having to actually play the whole file. Can't find anything that works to convert FLV to MP3.

you can use media player classic to demux the audio from most FLV files. here's a short tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II3dnd8g-EQ
Back to top Go down
Tobi
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: How to direct download from most Radio Station sites   How to direct download from most Radio Station sites Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:48 am

Alright, to make this all a little bit easier use the Downloadhelper Addon for Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/3006
And for demuxing FLVs I´d personally use this very very simple tool:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/FLV_Extract
Back to top Go down

How to direct download from most Radio Station sites
Page 1 of 1