DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's Approaching Summer

Go down 
+4
simo
Palmer89
mescalero
lynchyeatspizza
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

It's Approaching Summer Empty
PostSubject: It's Approaching Summer   It's Approaching Summer Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 12:33 am

A month and 13 days until summer here in Australia.

What records did you listen to heavily this summer (I'm talking to the US and UK guys, who just had summer) that I should start getting now for my summer?

Last year i listen to Anthem by Less Than Jake, The '59 Sound, All In by Nothington, Stay What You Are by Saves The Day, Send Flowers by Black Lungs, New Wave by Against Me! and lots of Xavier Rudd.

So far, for this summer I've got Hey Everyone by Dananananaykroyd, Backspacer by Pearl Jam and maybe The Chemistry of Common Life by Fucked Up.

And oh, btw I just reached Wooderson! 300 posts!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
mescalero
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mescalero

PostSubject: Re: It's Approaching Summer   It's Approaching Summer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 5:45 am

this summer i didn't really listen to a lot of new music..

Delta Spirit - Ode to Sunshine (listened to a million times)
Limbeck - The Delicacy of Living Modestly (a GREAT find at a used record store)
Smoking Popes - Destination Failure (a recommendation that i FINALLY followed up on and LOVED)
Hotel St. George - City Boy Lemon (local band who sent me a CD-R of their now-released album)

also listened to The '59 Sound and Live at Park Ave. a ton. seeing tGA was one of the definite highlights of the summer.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: It's Approaching Summer   It's Approaching Summer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:50 am

Not a huge amount of new music.

Broadway Calls
Gaslight
Kerplunk era Green Day
Foxboro Hot Tubs
Frank Turner
Turin Brakes - For me, brilliant to listen to on a lonely but warm relaxing summers day with your beverage of choice (although probably not everyones choice of band)
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: It's Approaching Summer   It's Approaching Summer Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 2:06 am

I'll have a good listen. I want to check out Delta Spirit and Smoking Popes aswell as Turin Brakes. I used to be a huge fan of Green Day, but I'm over them now. I think i over -listened.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: It's Approaching Summer   It's Approaching Summer Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 2:15 am

Gaslight of course.

Also a lot of more acoustic pop artists I don't listen to often otherwise like Jack Johnson and Eric Hutchinson. It's just good stuff when you're chilling...

G. Love & Special Sauce is a good group. They often get thrown in with Jack Johnson but they've got a lot more variety than that. Big hip hop influence. G. Love's gearing up for an Australian tour right now, so check out the music and go see a show. http://abcdigmusic.net.au/features/g-love-live-in-concert

Ozomatli is another good one. It's like a rap/latin fusion kind of thing. Get their self-titled album.

Last edited by simo on Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Novella
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Novella

PostSubject: Re: It's Approaching Summer   It's Approaching Summer Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 2:38 am

Any aussies here listen to John Butler or Xavier Rudd? Butler has a new record coming out soon which is sounding more rock this time around, I'm really looking forward to that one.

Any way, back to the question...summer time....I like Blue King Brown (which happens to be another aus band) thats always good fun. A bit of funk/reggae and a bunch of other stuff too all thrown in.

I also found the new Gallows cd this summer which was good times, there is something about the warm summer air and sunshine that makes me want to put on a song that starts with an air-raid siren followed by a heavy metal riff while driving and see the horrified look on the unsuspecting people walking down the street. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: It's Approaching Summer   It's Approaching Summer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:21 pm

Novella wrote:
Any aussies here listen to John Butler or Xavier Rudd? Butler has a new record coming out soon which is sounding more rock this time around, I'm really looking forward to that one.

I had never really listened to John Butler other than the song "Better Than" which got some decent airplay over here in the US, but I just got a free download of the "Solutions" Live EP which has two G. Love & Special Sauce live tracks and two JBT live tracks. They weren't bad so I might have to give him a chance.
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: It's Approaching Summer   It's Approaching Summer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:56 pm

I listen to a lot of:

Against Me!
Gaslight
Hot Water Music
Bouncing Souls
Damien Rice
Celtic Thunder
Dropkick Murphys
The Loved Ones
and Lucero
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: It's Approaching Summer   It's Approaching Summer Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:20 am

Thanks for the tips everyone! Umm Novella, I love Xavier Rudd! and I will have a look into a few of the other bands, like Blue King Brown and Celtic Thunder and J Johnson.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: It's Approaching Summer   It's Approaching Summer Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:53 am

simo wrote:
Gaslight of course.

Also a lot of more acoustic pop artists I don't listen to often otherwise like Jack Johnson and Eric Hutchinson. It's just good stuff when you're chilling...

G. Love & Special Sauce is a good group. They often get thrown in with Jack Johnson but they've got a lot more variety than that. Big hip hop influence. G. Love's gearing up for an Australian tour right now, so check out the music and go see a show. http://abcdigmusic.net.au/features/g-love-live-in-concert

Ozomatli is another good one. It's like a rap/latin fusion kind of thing. Get their self-titled album.

That G Love dude is alright, it's like Bob Dylan rapping.
Back to top Go down
Scarlett
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Scarlett

PostSubject: Re: It's Approaching Summer   It's Approaching Summer Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:55 am

Hmm okay so my summer soundtrack was Alice In Chains, Cream and Bat For Lashes haha It's Approaching Summer Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Approaching Summer   It's Approaching Summer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Approaching Summer
Page 1 of 1