DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best song to play to my class

Go down 
+4
thecosmickid
steady now steady now
andy.mac
lynchyeatspizza
8 posters

What song would get the most amount of people in my class hooked on TGA?
Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
Best song to play to my class Vote_lcap25%Best song to play to my class Vote_rcap
 25% [ 8 ]
Great Expectations
Best song to play to my class Vote_lcap6%Best song to play to my class Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
The '59 Sound
Best song to play to my class Vote_lcap13%Best song to play to my class Vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
Old White Lincoln
Best song to play to my class Vote_lcap16%Best song to play to my class Vote_rcap
 16% [ 5 ]
High Lonesome
Best song to play to my class Vote_lcap19%Best song to play to my class Vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
The Patients Ferris Wheel
Best song to play to my class Vote_lcap3%Best song to play to my class Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Casanova, Baby!
Best song to play to my class Vote_lcap3%Best song to play to my class Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Here's Looking At You, Kid
Best song to play to my class Vote_lcap6%Best song to play to my class Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
The Backseat
Best song to play to my class Vote_lcap9%Best song to play to my class Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 32

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

Best song to play to my class Empty
PostSubject: Best song to play to my class   Best song to play to my class Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 12:19 am

What Gaslight song would be best to show my class at school?
We've got an assignment to show the class, and talk about the song. Which song?

Last edited by lynchyeatspizza on Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Best song to play to my class   Best song to play to my class Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 12:20 am

here's looking at you, kid
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Best song to play to my class   Best song to play to my class Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:56 am

lynchyeatspizza wrote:
What Gaslight song would be best to show my class at school?
We've got an assignment to show the class, and talk about the song. Which song?

What kind of class, a music class, a literature class?

In any event, you have to pick a song that means something to you and which will hence allow you to talk about why it means that much to you (if that isn't too personal).
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Best song to play to my class   Best song to play to my class Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 5:14 am

Umm it's a religion class (compulsory at my school), but I don't mind what Gaslight song I do, they all mean the most to me.

I want the song that the most people will hear and go, i like that song, I'm going to check out that band.
This is pretty much my chance to get people into Gaslight, and I need to choose the song that the most people will like.

Last edited by lynchyeatspizza on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Best song to play to my class   Best song to play to my class Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 10:46 am

The Backseat

What do they listen to?
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Best song to play to my class   Best song to play to my class Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:16 pm

It's an all boys school, most guys listen to top 40 pop crap, a few like more indie rock and acoustic rock. There's also a fair few that like techno shit.

So a pretty wide range of music tastes.
Back to top Go down
nuwbuddy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Best song to play to my class   Best song to play to my class Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:27 am

gaslight covering johnny cash

'god's gunna cut you down'
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Best song to play to my class   Best song to play to my class Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:40 am

I don't know, most of them will probably make fun of it.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Best song to play to my class   Best song to play to my class Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 2:17 am

I think either a song from The '59 Sound album or Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts.

Okay I'm making poll.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Best song to play to my class   Best song to play to my class Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:11 pm

I voted for Blue Jeans because I think it is their most mass appealing song, but for an assignment I would have choosen 1930 (not even an option to vote for?!?!) great sound/lyrics and story
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best song to play to my class   Best song to play to my class Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 2:24 pm

I think this comes down to personal choice- as we have seen before on here there is no 'best' TGA song, everyone has their own favourites so maybe you should go for your favourite song Lynchy?

Edit: I voted for my favourite, High Lonesome.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Best song to play to my class   Best song to play to my class Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 10:32 pm

e7c wrote:
I would have choosen 1930 (not even an option to vote for?!?!) great sound/lyrics and story

I agree there e7, but i think most of the songs from SoS would be too 'punk' for the boys in my class. They've grown up listening to top 40 pop and Nickelback and the Goo Goo Dolls.

I think the songs from T'59S are more mass appealing and have a more mainstream sound that my class would like. I think the only song I could use from SoS would be Angry Johnny. But i can't add that to the poll now.

Tomaldo wrote:
I think this comes down to personal choice- as we have seen before on here there is no 'best' TGA song, everyone has their own favourites so maybe you should go for your favourite song Lynchy?

Edit: I voted for my favourite, High Lonesome.

The thing is though, I'm not trying to show my class my favourite song (i couldn't decide which was my fav anyway) but I'm trying to show them the song that as many of them will like.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Best song to play to my class   Best song to play to my class Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 1:00 am

who cares about mass appeal? cant spend your life guessing what other people want from you. besides if their taste in music is that atrocious, it probably wont matter which song you play.
my vote is for "casanova, baby!"

oh i just realized you are playing the recorded song, not playing it yourself in front of the class. i was thinking you were playing guitar and singing it in front of your class, i thought "casanova" would be a good one to play. but i still pick that one, i think it's a good overview of gaslight's sound.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Best song to play to my class   Best song to play to my class Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:24 am

here's looking at you, kid is lyrically dope, son!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best song to play to my class   Best song to play to my class Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 5:46 pm

lynchyeatspizza wrote:
The thing is though, I'm not trying to show my class my favourite song (i couldn't decide which was my fav anyway) but I'm trying to show them the song that as many of them will like.

Maybe Old White Lincoln or the '59 Sound. I would not go with Blue Jeans because I don't think it's representative of their overall sound (in the sense that it is a 'slow' song whereas most others are quite 'quick'). If you're showing them three then I'd include it as the 'slow' one though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best song to play to my class   Best song to play to my class Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best song to play to my class
Page 1 of 1