DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

newbie here, first gaslight show tonight!

Go down 
+4
ral
bradcooke
MKULTRA
lynchyeatspizza
8 posters
AuthorMessage
WingsFor

newbie here, first gaslight show tonight! Empty
PostSubject: newbie here, first gaslight show tonight!   newbie here, first gaslight show tonight! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 4:18 pm

hey everyone. new to the forum.

my first gaslight show is tonight (right here in edmonton). i'll be sure to post a review on this thread later.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: newbie here, first gaslight show tonight!   newbie here, first gaslight show tonight! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:50 pm

Sweet. Gday WingsFor. Whats your real name?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: newbie here, first gaslight show tonight!   newbie here, first gaslight show tonight! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:59 am

hey, i'm mike.

just got back. they were great! walked on to London Calling, opened with High Lonesome and didn't look back. not a marathon of a show, but totally fun. i was around the 2nd or 3rd row, center stage.

setlist was something like this (probably forgetting a few songs)

High Lonesome
Casanova, Baby!
Old White Lincoln
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
The '59 Sound
We Came to Dance
Film Noir
Miles Davis and the Cool
Senor and the Queen
The Patient Ferris Wheel
I'da Called You Woody, Joe
Angry Johnny and the Radio/If I Had a Boat
Great Expectations
Here's Looking at You, Kid
The Backseat

Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts
Boomboxes and Dictionaries

highlight of the night for me was when Brian sang to me for a solid 5 seconds. awesome.

the opening acts were good too (though Murder by Death would have been better if some drugged up messed up woman with long dreadlocks that smelled like garbage wasn't standing close to me. you had to duck whenever she started to swing her hair). if you haven't checked out Frank Turner, you should. I have to say, Murder by Death is probably the best rock band i've ever seen that uses a full-time cellist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: newbie here, first gaslight show tonight!   newbie here, first gaslight show tonight! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:07 am

Closing on 1930- seems to be making it's way back into sets more frequently now, only a good thing!
Back to top Go down
bradcooke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: newbie here, first gaslight show tonight!   newbie here, first gaslight show tonight! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:17 pm

Seems like a pretty solid setlist. I'm seeing them tonight in Calgary and I'm guessing its exactly the same. No Navesink or Say I won't. Uh oh Gaslight. You might leave me slightly disappointed...
First time seein Murder By Death though so they'll pick up the slack.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: newbie here, first gaslight show tonight!   newbie here, first gaslight show tonight! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:22 pm

dude you won't be disappointed the energy was amazing.

edit- i misread your post, i thought it said first time for gaslight. still, the band was really into it.
Back to top Go down
bradcooke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: newbie here, first gaslight show tonight!   newbie here, first gaslight show tonight! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:14 pm

My encore destroyed yours. I can't wait to post the vids. I think two of the performances are pretty rare to come by...
Second time seeing Gaslight and I was far from disappointed. No Navesink but i think everyone would take what I saw instead
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: newbie here, first gaslight show tonight!   newbie here, first gaslight show tonight! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:54 pm

bradcooke wrote:
My encore destroyed yours. I can't wait to post the vids. I think two of the performances are pretty rare to come by...

so... what did they play?
Back to top Go down
bradcooke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: newbie here, first gaslight show tonight!   newbie here, first gaslight show tonight! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:54 pm

Oh you'll see. I worked first thing this morning and the show was last night so I haven't had time to up the videos. I'm thinkin i'll probably do it in another topic or its own topic. I got some of Murder By Death too
I guess I can give a hint though... back to back covers... kinda
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: newbie here, first gaslight show tonight!   newbie here, first gaslight show tonight! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:54 pm

sounds great!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: newbie here, first gaslight show tonight!   newbie here, first gaslight show tonight! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:04 pm

I am so glad they are playing 1930 again... it was the first song that drew me into the band and I must admit I was bummed when they quit playing it.

still my favorite TGA song.
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: newbie here, first gaslight show tonight!   newbie here, first gaslight show tonight! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:42 pm

I agree on 1930...Hopefully they play it in Buffalo, I'm trying to weasel my way up there...We didn't get it in Pittsburgh. ;(
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: newbie here, first gaslight show tonight!   newbie here, first gaslight show tonight! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 10:56 pm

I am trying to shuffle my work schedule around so I can see them in Richmond and DC... I am hoping for a repeat of Wurzburg!
Back to top Go down
ilockyer
A Contender
A Contender
ilockyer

PostSubject: Re: newbie here, first gaslight show tonight!   newbie here, first gaslight show tonight! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:06 pm

You saw a good set for a first gig, Say I Won't is great live, as is Navesink Banks, but you ain't going to get them all first time and it gives you something to hope for next time! I've seen this band 6 times this year here in the UK and each time different songs have stood out for differing reasons.

1930 in the encore is great, we got that in Nottingham on their last night in England on the March tour due, I think, to me and a couple of others yelling for it a few times between songs. Absolutely made my night to hear that.

Brad, we're looking forward to seeing your videos!
Back to top Go down
sidekicksuicide
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
sidekicksuicide

PostSubject: Re: newbie here, first gaslight show tonight!   newbie here, first gaslight show tonight! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:07 am

I was really bummed that TGA didn't play Say I Won't OR Woody last night in Minneapolis...definitely two of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
bradcooke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: newbie here, first gaslight show tonight!   newbie here, first gaslight show tonight! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:48 pm

ilockyer wrote:
You saw a good set for a first gig, Say I Won't is great live, as is Navesink Banks, but you ain't going to get them all first time and it gives you something to hope for next time! I've seen this band 6 times this year here in the UK and each time different songs have stood out for differing reasons.

1930 in the encore is great, we got that in Nottingham on their last night in England on the March tour due, I think, to me and a couple of others yelling for it a few times between songs. Absolutely made my night to hear that.

Brad, we're looking forward to seeing your videos!
I posted a link in the youtube videos section. And i think opened a new topic for the Say I Won't (House of the rising sun) video.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: newbie here, first gaslight show tonight!   newbie here, first gaslight show tonight! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

newbie here, first gaslight show tonight!
Page 1 of 1