DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just heard '59 Sound on the radio

Go down 
+8
Maria
JoshRaymond
tdawg
Stalls_Standing
Angry Johnny
Jukebox Romeo
Prisoner
ksupilot
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

Just heard '59 Sound on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Just heard '59 Sound on the radio   Just heard '59 Sound on the radio Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:43 pm

So I was running to one of the meal halls to get some food. I walk in and as usual they have the radio on over the whole buildings PA system. All of a sudden I hear some familiar chords and the chorus, and I'm like "HOLY SHIT! Am I really hearing this right now!" Sure enough the '59 Sound is being played on some Cleveland rock station.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Just heard '59 Sound on the radio   Just heard '59 Sound on the radio Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:53 pm

My dad once heard The '59 Sound while he was working on the office. He also was like, what the hell?
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Just heard '59 Sound on the radio   Just heard '59 Sound on the radio Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 3:36 pm

yeah i've heard '59 on 88.9, and my friend heard it twice in 2 hours on that station. they get fairly regular airplay around Cleveland
Back to top Go down
Angry Johnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Angry Johnny

PostSubject: Re: Just heard '59 Sound on the radio   Just heard '59 Sound on the radio Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:58 pm

yeah, i live in jersey right in the same area they are all from. ive heard 59 sound a bunch on the radio and just the other day i heard great expectations. it's gonna suck once they really blow up. I hate it when bands do that, but i understand. my good friend has grown up with most of the guys in the band and i pretty much first heard about them well before they released SOS. Seen them a ton at basement shows and other NYC,asbusry, and phili shows. hell, ive def been drinking at the the same bars at the same time as some of them. cant believe how much all you guys are into them. dont get me wrong, i think they are the best band to come around in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Just heard '59 Sound on the radio   Just heard '59 Sound on the radio Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:31 pm

I don't find it that shocking to hear the boys on the radio anymore, been going on over here for a while
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just heard '59 Sound on the radio   Just heard '59 Sound on the radio Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 12:46 pm

Stalls_Standing wrote:
I don't find it that shocking to hear the boys on the radio anymore, been going on over here for a while

Yeah, they seem to be on XFM a lot when I have it on in work, will usually get the latest single at least once per DJ slot.

Edit: and it always makes my shift when I hear a Gaslight song on the radio.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Just heard '59 Sound on the radio   Just heard '59 Sound on the radio Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 2:07 am

Never hear em down here Sad Course, I've sort of given up on FM radio in these parts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Just heard '59 Sound on the radio   Just heard '59 Sound on the radio Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 4:00 pm

Hey, the edge plays 59 sound occasionally, but I agree with you that radio down here sucks
Back to top Go down
Maria
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Just heard '59 Sound on the radio   Just heard '59 Sound on the radio Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 6:17 pm

Hi,
Only discovered GLA recently, but can't get enough of them at the moment.
The reason i'm posting is to let you know, my daughter helps at Romney Marsh FM on some Friday evenings , & all ways plays a couple of tracks. At the moment you can only listen on the net 87.8, she's on this Friday & would love some request's .
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Just heard '59 Sound on the radio   Just heard '59 Sound on the radio Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 4:28 am

Tomaldo wrote:
Stalls_Standing wrote:

Yeah, they seem to be on XFM a lot when I have it on in work, will usually get the latest single at least once per DJ slot.

Edit: and it always makes my shift when I hear a Gaslight song on the radio.

makes my day too! i only get to put xfm on if my boss is out (otherwise it's radio 2 or smooth fm!!!) and if TGA come on i always make sure i have to go and stand by the printer (which is by the radio) and sort something out so i can have a little sing-a-long and smile to myself! it's got so bad if they come on and i haven't heard it my other colleagues will let me know!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
Maria
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Just heard '59 Sound on the radio   Just heard '59 Sound on the radio Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:54 am

Tonights the night .......to bombard www.romneymarshfm with loads of emails with requests for TGA. It will make her day if she gets some requests from America. Just heard '59 Sound on the radio Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Just heard '59 Sound on the radio   Just heard '59 Sound on the radio Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:53 am

was in a bar in south east london on saturday night and they played the whole of the 59 sound album which was pretty cool!
they kept playing kings of leon in between each song so i'd be chatting away to my mates for a couple of mins then each time gaslight came on i'd go off in my own little world! probably got a bit annoying after a while but hey! love it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Just heard '59 Sound on the radio   Just heard '59 Sound on the radio Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:08 pm

ktp wrote:
was in a bar in south east london on saturday night and they played the whole of the 59 sound album which was pretty cool!
they kept playing kings of leon in between each song so i'd be chatting away to my mates for a couple of mins then each time gaslight came on i'd go off in my own little world! probably got a bit annoying after a while but hey! love it.

I would love it if there was a bar like that near me. Throw in the Killers and you'd have my perfect night, just TGA, KOL and The Killers... dream!
Back to top Go down
ilockyer
A Contender
A Contender
ilockyer

PostSubject: Re: Just heard '59 Sound on the radio   Just heard '59 Sound on the radio Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:00 am

I heard 59 Sound in the pub last night, and this is in a pub which usually plays a selection of the latest chart rubbish. Made up for the fact they played KOL's Sex On Fire 4 times in 2 hours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just heard '59 Sound on the radio   Just heard '59 Sound on the radio Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:24 pm

ilockyer wrote:
Made up for the fact they played KOL's Sex On Fire 4 times in 2 hours.

It's a really good song but that is excessive.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Just heard '59 Sound on the radio   Just heard '59 Sound on the radio Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 5:41 pm

"Sex on Fire" is one of my most hated songs...I must've heard that once a day for four months on my radio alarm clock. Got so annoying that I figured out how to use iTunes as my alarm, and now I wake up to "Old White Lincoln".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just heard '59 Sound on the radio   Just heard '59 Sound on the radio Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:06 am

simo wrote:
now I wake up to "Old White Lincoln".

Nice.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Just heard '59 Sound on the radio   Just heard '59 Sound on the radio Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 7:58 am

Never heard a Gaslight song or seen a video on anything, probably why I have such a hard time judging how big they are at the moment, I don't really do radio or music TV. I usually get my new music tastes from places such as this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just heard '59 Sound on the radio   Just heard '59 Sound on the radio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just heard '59 Sound on the radio
Page 1 of 1