DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wikipedia about the guys

Go down 
+3
steady now steady now
steph
andy.mac
7 posters
AuthorMessage
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

Wikipedia about the guys Empty
PostSubject: Wikipedia about the guys   Wikipedia about the guys Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:27 am

I'm thinking about writing up an individual wikipedia article on each member as I think they kinda deserve one due to their rapid increase in popularity/general coolness/all-round nice guy factor.

Also when you google 'Brian Fa' he comes up at the second most searched. Benny seems to have a wikipedia but all it says is that he is the drummer of Gaslight.

I've never written on wikipedia before so I'll need to sort that out but I was kinda wondering what everyone thought about it?

From what little research I've done there doesn't seem to much info regarding D.O.B's, schools/education, jobs before the band etc.

Happy to work with everyone else doing this. Perhaps we could do a member each or something.

This may across as somewhat weird but whatever.

Last edited by andy.mac on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:29 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia about the guys   Wikipedia about the guys Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:50 am

i get what youre saying...makes sense for someone here to make one than some idiot...
go for it. i think most basic info is stuff you could find and assemble into a page.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia about the guys   Wikipedia about the guys Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 7:04 am

It's a really good idea and one that's crossed my mind before. I think we should collectively have a go and together on here must know more than enough info to make it worthwhile.

Does anyone know how you've got to format it though?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia about the guys   Wikipedia about the guys Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:45 pm

Firstly, the main TGA Wikipedia entry needs expanding. I have made the odd minor edits on that page, and even added a link to this forum, but the entry as a whole is quite inadequate when compared to those for other bands of that quality.

Individual entries don't strike me as such a necessity, if the main entry is well done. Benny's entry is really too short and doesn't match all the formatting criteria for biographical entries.

Editing entries is easy though, but getting the format right is somewhat harder, especially if the page isn't formatted correctly already.

Despite pondering whether to work on these entries, I haven't done it, as I've been busy enough getting all the info together for my own TGA site, and because I have too much else I sould be writing to embark on a narrative history of TGA, which the entry really needs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia about the guys   Wikipedia about the guys Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 12:24 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gaslight_Anthem#Handwritten_.282012-Present.29

Updated Handwritten tab on the band Wiki:

"The album was released on July 23, 2012 in the UK, and on July 24 in the US, when they became the band of our generation."
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia about the guys   Wikipedia about the guys Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 12:39 am

I do web design. If you guys want to do the writeups I can code them for Wikipedia and save you all the headaches.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia about the guys   Wikipedia about the guys Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 12:40 am

NYYFAN523 wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gaslight_Anthem#Handwritten_.282012-Present.29

Updated Handwritten tab on the band Wiki:

"The album was released on July 23, 2012 in the UK, and on July 24 in the US, when they became the band of our generation."

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia about the guys   Wikipedia about the guys Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:29 am

Brian has often said some of the stuff on the wikipedia page is funny because its incorrect. Would be nice to see it all developed. Not confident in doing all ths coding stuff myself though
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia about the guys   Wikipedia about the guys Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:54 am

Jerseyrain wrote:
Brian has often said some of the stuff on the wikipedia page is funny because its incorrect. Would be nice to see it all developed. Not confident in doing all ths coding stuff myself though

Wikipedia is quite user friendly, so the coding is a minor issue. The whole entry needs re-writing though.

Because I have been so frustrated with Wikipedia's TGA page, I was pleased ot have been able to start Wikipedia's Sharks page, which I have been updating pretty consistently since then and which is about as accuarate as you can get (say I in praise of myself).
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia about the guys   Wikipedia about the guys Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:18 am

steady now steady now wrote:
Jerseyrain wrote:

Wikipedia is quite user friendly, so the coding is a minor issue. The whole entry needs re-writing though.

Because I have been so frustrated with Wikipedia's TGA page, I was pleased ot have been able to start Wikipedia's Sharks page, which I have been updating pretty consistently since then and which is about as accuarate as you can get (say I in praise of myself).

You probably meant to quote my post but yeah they only thing Ive contributed to it was the fact that Brian went to my high school. But you're right I was offering that to those who seemed disenchanted with the formatting aspect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia about the guys   Wikipedia about the guys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wikipedia about the guys
Page 1 of 1